Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-09-2007, 11:43 PM   #1
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Raps fans show VC some love.

I know what people are thinking, another VC bashing thread, but I just saw this poll on Raptors.com and I thought the results were interesting.
The question was about the favorite moment.
Quote:
Vince Carter's 50 point game vs. Philly in the 2001 playoffs

41%

First playoff game vs. New York in 2000

24%

Raptors clinch playoff spot in 2002

24%

First ever game at Air Canada Centre in 1999

11%

Not that it means that fans still love VC or anything, but it does show that we appreciate what he did for the franchise and Canada, there's no denying it. I know for myself, as much as I like Bosh, my favorite Raptors moments have been with VC... although he was also a part of a lot of my least favorite moments. Anyways, as for right now, Raps are on the rise and VC is on the decline, rapidly, so there's a new era.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:02 AM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Raps fans show VC some love.

well I'm sure after several more years, Toronto fans will acknowledge he "put the Raptors on the map" and then Chris Bosh took them even higher.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:06 AM   #3
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
well I'm sure after several more years, Toronto fans will acknowledge he "put the Raptors on the map" and then Chris Bosh took them even higher.
Oh, I think that raps fans already acknowledge that, but I think that what really upsets me about him is that he toughs out all his injuries while playing in NJ, while he'd sit out a game in Toronto if he broke a nail. And also, the fact that we basically traded him for nothing, which is not his fault, but he did ask for the trade.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:18 AM   #4
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
The question was about the favorite moment.

im sure if 1 of the options was
"VC leaving Toronto"- it'd get bout 95% ish

much love
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:58 AM   #5
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

Why is this in the Off The Court Lounge?
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 03:21 AM   #6
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerz Netz
im sure if 1 of the options was
"VC leaving Toronto"- it'd get bout 95% ish

much love

I don't think Raps fans were happy with VC leaving Toronto considering what they got in return. However, in retrospect they are happy he is gone because of what the team has become without him.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: