Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 04-19-2007, 04:29 AM   #1
JMEWLS

Default Dallas Mavs.

What are your thoughts of a first round match-up against the Mavs.

I wanna hear what the thoughts are from Warrior fans.

I think it'll be a close series, but the more experienced Mavs will come out with the win, in 6 or 7 games.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:41 AM   #2
P-Forty21

Default Re: Dallas Mavs.

the funny thing is, is that that mavs are scared of us...Golden State have beatin the Mavs the last 5 times they have played and the Warriors will be fired up and ready to go from the 1st game to the last! I'm not sure who is going to win because i have never seen this team in the playoffs before...
Old 04-19-2007, 10:12 AM   #3
GDub
Can barely lace up my sneakers

GDub has an OK reputation so far

You gotta think the only way the Warriors could really pressure the Mavs is to keep up the runnin an hustle game as long as possible, as soon as the game slows down and the Mavs play at their pace, they can just grind the Warriors down.

Also you gotta think its pretty hard to keep that pace for one whole game let alone a 7 game series. Im thinkin the Warriors steal about 2 games from the Mavs with the small ball game...

lol If I had it my way it be a Warriors sweep with b. diddy j. rich triple doubles all over the joint
GDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:53 AM   #4
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

AIR SETH has decent reputation

The Warriors could very well beat the Mavs or at least take them to 6 or 7. They will need to force the tempo all series and control the pace of the game for the majority of the 48 minutes. If they can make the Mavs run like they did during the regular season the Warriors will take the series but if Dallas can slow things down into a half-court set Golden State will be in tough.
AIR SETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:04 PM   #5
nbapoints
Decent playground baller

nbapoints has an OK reputation so far

The warriors will win in 6!

What will be the surprising difference is the warriors defense. Nobody talks about it and some well known sports writers still say the warriors defense sucks. Why? Because they haven't watched them really since everyone has been healthy and because they give up a lot of points. But they have been scoring a lot more points. They give up a lot of points because of the uptempo style they play now, not because of a bad defense.

The warriors led the league in steals and are third in blocks. they force turnovers and make the other team adjust to their defense. Don't underestimate this teams defense.

The offense will score plenty to give the Mavs fits also.

Off course I am being very optimistic, but the warriors were the hottest team the last few weeks of the regular season and I expect that to carry over to the playoffs.

Watch out Mavs. :)
nbapoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:22 AM   #6
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbapoints

What will be the surprising difference is the warriors defense. Nobody talks about it and some well known sports writers still say the warriors defense sucks. Why? Because they haven't watched them really since everyone has been healthy and because they give up a lot of points. But they have been scoring a lot more points. They give up a lot of points because of the uptempo style they play now, not because of a bad defense.

The warriors led the league in steals and are third in blocks. they force turnovers and make the other team adjust to their defense. Don't underestimate this teams defense.

Off course I am being very optimistic, but the warriors were the hottest team the last few weeks of the regular season and I expect that to carry over to the playoffs.

The mavs team have been the hottest team the past 78 games.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:07 PM   #7
lorenzo

lorenzo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Masterplan
The mavs team have been the hottest team the past 78 games.
lol, the mavs had the 2nd best record in the nba since the all-star break i thought? only SA was better by a game or two.
lorenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:08 PM   #8
lorenzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbapoints

what's more likey.....a warriors victory in 6 or 7 or a mavs sweep? just think about that one from a neutral perspective.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:13 PM   #9
lorenzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SETH
The Warriors could very well beat the Mavs or at least take them to 6 or 7. They will need to force the tempo all series and control the pace of the game for the majority of the 48 minutes. If they can make the Mavs run like they did during the regular season the Warriors will take the series but if Dallas can slow things down into a half-court set Golden State will be in tough.
remember that game against the suns when they ran phoenix off the court. then in the 4th qtr they couldn't buy a basket and barely hung on to the game because phoenix refused to bring back their starters? GS is a streaky team. That may explain why they finished at .500 as the 8th seed.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:54 PM   #10
Moose

Mavs fear Warriors!!!!!

Mavs will have a hard time with these pesky guys.

Go Warriors
Old 04-26-2007, 02:47 AM   #11
lorenzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Mavs fear Warriors!!!!!

Mavs will have a hard time with these pesky guys.

Go Warriors
mavs fear not winning a title.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:00 PM   #12
BigAl
High School JV MVP

BigAl has an OK reputation so far

How about nobody knows anything about the Mavs because none us are in the locker room.
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:53 AM   #13
warriors23
Banned

warriors23 has an OK reputation so far

we gonna whop they ass!
warriors23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: