Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-31-2017, 11:57 AM   #16
UK2K
NBA Legend

Default Re: China considers three-year jail terms for disrespecting national anthem, flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Why?

You're worried about the pay of murderers and rapists?

You know how I know I'm actually more conservative than you?

I'm not worried about their pay. At all.

There should be no pay. The 'pay' is getting outside your cell block, and a certificate of work done for advanced labor (welding, pipe fitting, electronic repair, etc).

Also, I don't doubt that you are. I'm very liberal in the sense that I'd just allow everyone to do whatever it is that they want, minus infringing on the rights of others.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 11:58 AM   #17
qrich
King Heno

Default Re: China considers three-year jail terms for disrespecting national anthem, flag

Is that any worse than spending a year in jail for "mis-gendering" someone?
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:18 PM   #18
iamgine

Maybe the punishment now is ten year jail terms and they are reducing it.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:18 PM   #19
Funktion
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
For those who disrespect the flag/song? Or just for "babies"?

I'm not sure where you're going with that...

Funktion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:19 PM   #20
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

Do any of their teams play in the NFL?
hold this L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:23 PM   #21
Back In Shape
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
Trumptards praising communists.... why am I not surprised.

Like one. I fully support any idiots right to disrespect the flag or be anti-patriotic.

Freedom of speech can never be allowed to be destroyed like the left has done in Europe.
Back In Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 01:10 PM   #22
ISHGoat
Banned

3 years is too little. Make that shit 30 years. These fckheads need to respect the blood and sacrifices laid down by our ancestors. I'm from Nanjing and I know for a fact that I lost ancestors to the Japanese invasion. We charged at battle tanks and guns with only swords and sticks. They laid down their lives for us. For me to be here today. I have no tolerance for people that disrespect their own country's flag or anthem. Forever grateful to the USA for nuking the *** out of those japs.
ISHGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 01:28 PM   #23
tpols
we already won

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISHGoat
3 years is too little. Make that shit 30 years. These fckheads need to respect the blood and sacrifices laid down by our ancestors. I'm from Nanjing and I know for a fact that I lost ancestors to the Japanese invasion. We charged at battle tanks and guns with only swords and sticks. They laid down their lives for us. For me to be here today. I have no tolerance for people that disrespect their own country's flag or anthem. Forever grateful to the USA for nuking the *** out of those japs.

the people kneelings ancestors werent sacrficed for...they were brought over as slaves and seen as disposable up until not even 50 years ago (and by many still to this day). It would be like you having to salute the japanese flag every day... LOL
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 01:42 PM   #24
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
the people kneelings ancestors werent sacrficed for...they were brought over as slaves and seen as disposable up until not even 50 years ago (and by many still to this day). It would be like you having to salute the japanese flag every day... LOL

Black people don't serve in the military?

Say whaaaat?

The army is full of blacks. Easiest branch to get into with the best benefits.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:48 PM   #25
qrich
King Heno

Quote:

qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 02:15 PM   #26
tpols
we already won

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
Black people don't serve in the military?

Say whaaaat?

The army is full of blacks. Easiest branch to get into with the best benefits.

what? you guys seriously lack reading comprehension. Point to where I said black people didnt serve in military. I said their ancestors werent sacrificed for. Their general populace was treated like shit in this country and in a lot of respects they still are to this day by people like you.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:29 PM   #27
ISHGoat
Banned

Quote:

The Africans here are living much better lives than the Africans still in the wild. They should respect their ancestors who were forced here as slaves in really shitty conditions and grinded out a slave life while still raising a family. The same families that would do whatever it took to make ends meet and eventually raise these ungrateful bastards.

When you disrespect your countries flag, to me you are disrespecting your own history. No matter the country or color of skin.
ISHGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 02:49 PM   #28
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
what? you guys seriously lack reading comprehension. Point to where I said black people didnt serve in military. I said their ancestors werent sacrificed for. Their general populace was treated like shit in this country and in a lot of respects they still are to this day by people like you.

I treat black people like shit?

I just bought weed from a black dude last night. Even paid him extra for delivering.

I'm a nice guy.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:49 PM   #29
tpols
we already won

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISHGoat
The Africans here are living much better lives than the Africans still in the wild. They should respect their ancestors who were forced here as slaves in really shitty conditions and grinded out a slave life while still raising a family. The same families that would do whatever it took to make ends meet and eventually raise these ungrateful bastards.

When you disrespect your countries flag, to me you are disrespecting your own history. No matter the country or color of skin.

That would be like if japanese imported massive #'s of chinese slaves over into japan and then told them they were being "saved" from harsh life in china. (where it was extremely harsh for all those peasants) GTFO. This country was built on the right to protest and free speech so trying to impose jail sentences on silent protest would be the most hypocritical thing America could ever do. Nevermind tio advocating for hard labor camps...LOL. Always complaining about communism but wants to bring back the gulags to silence people. perros....
Old 10-31-2017, 02:54 PM   #30
Smoke117
The King Returns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
But people here are 'oppressed'.

Millennials aka the entitled generation
Smoke117 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: