Page 1 of 27 123411 ... LastLast
    I rep Lakers!

Default Chris Broussard is an idiot.

I you are a bigot and hateful just admit it. I would understand where he was coming from from if he was open about being an homophobic hateful person. But why try to use the Bible.

He said "

College superstar

Default Re: Chris Broussard is an idiot.

[QUOTE=WeGetRing2012]I you are a bigot and hateful just admit it. I would understand where he was coming from from if he was open about being an homophobic hateful person. But why try to use the Bible.

He said "

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Anyone using a book that was written thousands of years ago by ignorant human beings as a road map to living is a mindless drone to begin with and their views on what is right or wrong shouldn't even be given the time of day to begin with.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Anyone using a book that was written thousands of years ago by ignorant human beings as a road map to living is a mindless drone to begin with and their views on what is right or wrong shouldn't even be given the time of day to begin with.
    It's not just a book to some people. People have every right to believe in what they want to. Just don't use the Bible to promote hate. It goes against everything in the Bible.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

You sound quite ignorant as well if you ask me.

Is it required to be christian to lead a(n ordinary) life in the US?

NBA rookie of the year

/living your life based on a book written by goat herders 2000+ years ago who wouldn't be able to make heads or tails of a flushing toilet and wouldn't understand the concept of working electricity for the win.

He was asked a question, and he responded in a respectful manner, stating his beliefs. I don't agree with him, but I just find it funny that not only do people only belive in free speech when they agree with someone, but they also don't contextualize anything for the purpose of categorizing people negatively.

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    It's not just a book to some people. People have every right to believe in what they want to. Just don't use the Bible to promote hate. It goes against everything in the Bible.
    I know. That is the problem that it's not just a book to people when there is no evidence at all that it is anything more than just a book.

And it is a very slippery slope about giving people the right to believe anything they want in the name of faith. I'd assume you are against Muslims believing in Martyrdom and Jihad...but according to that book that think of as more than a book...its a perfectly reasonable conclusion to draw that you are doing the work of their God by committing acts of hate and violence.

Here is the simple thing and best way to go about faith.

Don't pretend to know things that no human being can possibly know.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 04-29-2013 at 04:41 PM.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

how he's gonna abide by the tenets of the bible when there's only one and not multiple sources?

Not airballing my layups anymore MARLO's Avatar

Chris Broussard is a complete fool.

The bible is a book that is USED to promote hatred, by complete fools.

Where/When did Broussard say this?

Banned

Shoulda just kept his mouth shut. Hes may regret this one.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    He was asked a question, and he responded in a respectful manner, stating his beliefs. I don't agree with him, but I just find it funny that not only do people only belive in free speech when they agree with someone, but they also don't contextualize anything for the purpose of categorizing people negatively.
    Free speech doesn't somehow protect your speech from criticism. If you say something idiotic, you'll get called out for it. That's part of (well) free speech.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    So obviously, "hate", according to you is defined as expressing moral disapproval of any type of behavior or action. I guess that would qualify your disapproving rant against Broussard as "hate speech" then. And No...What you are doing is not any different from what he is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    You sound quite ignorant as well if you ask me.
    In what way?

Please explain.