Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Greg Popovich Agrees That NBA Champions Are Not The "World Champions"

In my opinion, if you compete internationally against various countries or if you're in the premiere/top league in the world then you can be known as World Champion.

NBA being the biggest and top basketball league in the world makes their championship worthy of a world championship status. Yes, America has the world's best professional sport leagues that's not soccer so every champion of the NBA, NFL, MLB and NHL are world champions. United States >>>> the rest of the world.

FIBA, Olympics and NBA champions are world champions.
    Last edited by DMV2; 01-07-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Default Re: Greg Popovich Agrees That NBA Champions Are Not The "World Champions"

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Folks say its a silly saying? I guess, but I think its a silly argument. Does it bother you THAT much? Or are you just a smartass where you want someone to just acknowledge "You are right." but the one constant is neither side really cares.
    Believe me, outside of the comic aspect of it, nobody cares. If anything we're trying to be helpful, like someone telling you, you gotta pigeon shit on your shoulder. But hey if you don't have problems being portrayed like a redneck just like the idiot on the post above, good for you.

NBA ( [COLOR="Red"]National[/COLOR] Basketball Association )

If calling World champions to a NATIONAL championship winner doesn't look retarded, i mean what does?

NBA lottery pick

Yeah if the rules are under FIBA you cant just assume the NBA champ would beat whatever champ team it is overseas.

No, its true. Kobe wouldnt go overseas to play but Dirk would come to America and play. As long as the NBA is up and running its the league most players want to play in. Otherwise Ricky Rubio would have stayed home. Unfortunately he is in America. Hey how'd he get here?
    Of course they want to play in the NBA. Its the place where a scrub like Darko can make 5 million a year, even after he has proven that he sucks. So naturally every talented European player should/will at least give it a try. You can make so much more money in the NBA, if you are good.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    Believe me, outside of the comic aspect of it, nobody cares. If anything we're trying to be helpful, like someone telling you, you gotta pigeon shit on your shoulder. But hey if you don't have problems being portrayed like a redneck just like the idiot on the post above, good for you.

If calling World champions to a NATIONAL championship winner doesn't look retarded, i mean what does?
    There's already a national championship and that's in the college level.

When your league is the biggest professional league in the world with players from around the world then you have all rights to call your championship a world championship. An NBA title is a world championship title.

You using a letter in a brand to make your argument is even more retarded.
    Last edited by DMV2; 01-07-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    There's already a national championship and that's in the college level.

When your league is the biggest professional league in the world with players from around the world then you have all rights to call your championship a world championship.

You using a letter in a brand to make your argument is even more retarded.
    Well you are too dumb to even with the letter in a brand, realize that the league have NATIONAL on it's name!! And it's not an argument it's a fact, maybe you should go to school to learn the difference.

An NBA title is a world championship title.
    For dumb people like you i'm sure it is.

But you're right Greg Popovich is a comunist. And is completely wrong to say that outside of talibans, US got the most brainwashed tools on the planet and you are not a prime example, so i was wrong, good day to you sir and to this thread.
    Last edited by Blue&Orange; 01-07-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Banned

You go by value, an NBA championship is way more important than the Euroleague title or the FIBA World Championship.

An Olympic gold medal is equal to it because of it's rich history. But I'm sure if you ask any professional basketball player which championship they'd rather have, I bet ya all of them would want an NBA championship.

An NBA championship is the most prestige basketball championship in the world, how the hell can it not be a world champion status when every basketball player in the world want to be an NBA champion?
    Last edited by DMV2; 01-07-2012 at 08:53 PM.

Banned

Well you are too dumb to even with the letter in a brand, realize that the league have NATIONAL on it's name!! And it's not an argument it's a fact, maybe you should go to school to learn the difference.

For dumb people like you i'm sure it is.
    Do you realized there's a Canadian team in the National Basketball Association?

There's even 7 Canadian teams in the National Hockey League.

Your argument sounds stupid, don't it now.
    Last edited by DMV2; 01-07-2012 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R.I.P.
    Of course they want to play in the NBA. Its the place where a scrub like Darko can make 5 million a year, even after he has proven that he sucks. So naturally every talented European player should/will at least give it a try. You can make so much more money in the NBA, if you are good.
    Dirk? Gasol? Manu? Wait what was your point again? That a teenage Darko left overseas to play in the NBA? Oh ok.

While the majority do, not all the worlds best players play in the NBA
    Thats true.

Think of it this way: The World's best come to the US to play basketball. So the US is the basketball world. Therefore: Mavs are the world basketball champs.

Arguing about something as silly as this.

If it makes foreigners feel happy to diss and laugh at the intelligence of Americans? Have at it I guess. I've said world champions, world series for years from a kid until now. The "world" part of it was never really something meant to be taken literally. Just a saying that is said and not much thought is given afterwards. Its probably more of a foreigner issue than anything else.

If it makes foreigners feel happy to diss and laugh at the intelligence of Americans? Have at it I guess. I've said world champions, world series for years from a kid until now. The "world" part of it was never really something meant to be taken literally. Just a saying that is said and not much thought is given afterwards. Its probably more of a foreigner issue than anything else.
    Is Popovich a foreigner?

Is Popovich a foreigner?
    Looks like a German General in WW2 to me.

it's actually not a foreigner issue (and euroleague is no foreigner either). No japanese chafes at MLB calling their championship THE WORLD SERIES or WORLD CHAMPIONS. Chafing at things like this is just an **** liberal american trait, whining on behalf of people who couldn't give a shit.

Looks like a German General in WW2 to me.
    That would explain a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    You go by value, an NBA championship is way more important than the Euroleague title or the FIBA World Championship.

An Olympic gold medal is equal to it because of it's rich history. But I'm sure if you ask any professional basketball player which championship they'd rather have, I bet ya all of them would want an NBA championship.

An NBA championship is the most prestige basketball championship in the world, how the hell can it not be a world champion status when every basketball player in the world want to be an NBA champion?
    False. That's only true in the United States, not in any other country.