Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Changed his flow "slightly"??? Go listen to his previous work. The stuff before 500 Degreez. The stuff from '98 and earlier. Then listen to the stuff from around '99/'00 when Figgas got down with Cash Money.

The difference is drastic.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

The difference between his flow on something like Bling Gling and Go DJ is huge. If not for the voice it wouldnt even seem like the same person. I think it helped he stopped writing things down(supposedly). Ive noticed the people who claim they dont write have a different flow. Sounds less rehearsed which I guess is the point. Like everything is a freestyle when you know it isnt. One could say he intentionally ripped off Jay Zs flow but a lot of people try it and few do so well.

Decent college freshman BFRESH44's Avatar

I'm not doubting he hasn't switched up, that would be stupid, because it's cleary evident that he has. But I've been listening to dude for a while

He's added this somewhat of a of a up-northern flow to his rap arsernal so to speak, but the actual lyrical ability is the same.
    Last edited by BFRESH44; 09-26-2006 at 06:11 PM.

rank sentamentalist

And I heard ya album, this must be something you're new at
    'Cause I rather hear a Lil' Wayne/Lil' Zane duet
    from Acknowledge by Masta Ace.

That's all I think of when I hear Lil Wayne. (Great diss track btw, although I dunno who it's about.)
    Last edited by RidonKs; 09-26-2006 at 06:06 PM.

"Lil Wayne"? Who the hell would listen to that?

Scrach that...i dont wanna argue about this. I dont even like Lil Wayne like that. So my point is I dont believe he wrote it "all". Think he went extreme/exaggerrated there. I wont deny he didnt write a thing either.

Jay Z stole Young Chris flow. Young Chris from the Young Gunnaz always had that flow, the whisper spit. Now all of a sudden Jay Z jacks it and uses it. Stole a lot of stuff from Philly. Bastard. That's not Jay Z flow.

Probably the best young rapper right now.

Great delivery and rhymes... plus he has a charisma and humor to him that all the other generic rappers don't.

Living in the south ive been hearing Wayne(against my will at the time) since he was 15 or 16 on fleamarket mix cds. Hes just different now. A lot different. I listen to his old songs and its like night and day. He didnt go from Vanilla Ice to Rass kass but everything about his flow is different and his rhymes are improved even if its the same subject matter.

Wayne was so bad back when he started id drive my own car places instead of ride with friends I knew would be playing that Hot boy ****. Now hes on most my mix cds. First rapper ive hated that I changed my mind on. Im stubborn. But he made me change my mind.

Default re

Weezy bites a lil off of Jay. But if u heard his last album, and the features hes been doing, (mixtape tracks), the man is spitting crack for real. hes not the illest lyricist out there, but he can really flow, and he spits some clever $hit more times. Weezys sick.

Favorite Commercial Rappers right now:

Cam'ron
    Lil' Wayne
    The Clipse
    Jadakiss
    Black Thought

Jay went from a Bone thugs singsong quick flow to the Biggie conversational one. I liked his old style. Back when hed be with Big L and Jaz-O.

Default re

First rapper ive hated that I changed my mind on. Im stubborn. But he made me change my mind

did the exact same thing to me.

Banned

his lyrics are really pointless but I love his musical vision. hes able to take the weirdest beats and wrap his verses around them. "shooter?" what other rapper could have come up with that one?

his lyrics just disappoint me sometimes. like on Best Rapper Alive. what was he even talking about? but you learn to not care. and most of the time hes well above average.

Default re

his new $hit wit juelz, hes just been killin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHffFMmwndU

Gillie embarrassed Wayne. ahahaa