Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-27-2019, 04:54 AM   #31
Doctor K
Avengers Assemble!

Default Re: Avengers: Endgame

What a movie. No spoilers but just want to say watching this movie I experienced the best ~30-45 minutes of cinema ever. And that's saying a lot. I would say this movie had the best climax & finish of any movie I have ever seen. Simply amazing

Overall I did like Infinity War more, but Endgame was also superb. Together, I can confidently say Infinity War and Endgame are the 2 best movies I have ever seen
Doctor K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 08:21 AM   #32
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor K
Same experience

Definitely gonna break the opening weekend box office record

Perhaps. And and let me add this... Many of the others in the theater where I saw the movie at 2pm on a Friday weren't particularly serious fans. There were key scenes - Capt for example... you know which one I'm talking about - where I was like but most others remained politely quiet like, "Oh, that's cool."
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 08:55 AM   #33
kennethgriffen
Banned

just watched it... way better than i thought it would be

glad they killed off some people for good
kennethgriffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 10:20 AM   #34
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
Part 1 was better.

agree 100%. no doubt endgame was a decent movie but infinity was far better all things considered
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 10:20 AM   #35
Ben Simmons 25
Decent college freshman

*SPOILERS*

As long as we're talking about spoilers... and as much as Marvel makes fun of other movies' explanations of time travel multiple times throughout this movie... there are multiple plot holes regarding time travel from what I can tell, but only one in particular really stands out to me as bothersome based on their logic of time travel... and that is...

Old Captain America's appearance at the end of the film doesn't make sense... and the reason it doesn't make sense is simple... Captain America never should have showed up back on the screen as an old man, right? Am I missing something? When Cap goes back to replant the stones and decides to stay back, he should be gone forever from the lives of the present day people, most notably the three that are there... Bucky, Hulk, & Falcon.

In order for him to show up on that screen, he has essentially changed the past of Bucky, Hulk, Falcon & everyone else that isn't in the scene. But that goes directly against everything that Marvel has taught us throughout the movie about their interpretation of time travel, no?

The only explanation as to how what they presented could ring true would be if this had all already happened, and Captain America was already a part of their past. But that seems to be indisputably false, because...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqDD2kEKHhY

In this scene, Peggy talks about having a husband that Captain had rescued and she looks very sad about Cap not being around... so... the problem with that becomes, she would have had to been acting sadness in silence (for nobody), and lying about having a husband that was someone other than Steve.

So... yeah.

Like so many movies before it, it failed with time travel and tripped over its own dick, which is rather disappointing considering how much they shit talked other explanations from other movies.

Anyways.
Ben Simmons 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 10:23 AM   #36
Ben Simmons 25
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
agree 100%. no doubt endgame was a decent movie but infinity was far better all things considered

Infinity War was far better.

The biggest reasons that people are putting Endgame ahead of it are because... people are emotional creatures... and this movie is an emotional release and ultimate conclusion in a satisfactory way.

This all does come down to preference, so it's a bit disingenuous for me to use the word objectively... but... objectively speaking, IW was a better film in terms of pacing, dialogue, plot, the villain, all of it... Endgame just has the benefit of putting a cap on 10 years and wrapping it up for people to be happy with "good guys won."
Old 04-27-2019, 10:27 AM   #37
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
Infinity War was far better.

The biggest reasons that people are putting Endgame ahead of it are because... people are emotional creatures... and this movie is an emotional release and ultimate conclusion in a satisfactory way.

This all does come down to preference, so it's a bit disingenuous for me to use the word objectively... but... objectively speaking, IW was a better film in terms of pacing, dialogue, plot, the villain, all of it... Endgame just has the benefit of putting a cap on 10 years and wrapping it up for people to be happy with "good guys won."

yeah... no doubt endgame was definitely the more "emotional" movie... but IW was "better" and its not even close IMO...
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 10:30 AM   #38
Ben Simmons 25
Decent college freshman

Agreed.
Old 04-27-2019, 12:09 PM   #39
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Spoilers...........

Anyone else annoyed the fat kid from Spider-Man was still in high school after 5 years?

Why the hell is he not 20+? I must have missed something. Thatís way too big a plot hole. Was that a college Peter found him at?

Spoilers above
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 12:28 PM   #40
Ben Simmons 25
Decent college freshman

I just assumed fatty got snapped away and now he’s back.
Old 04-27-2019, 12:36 PM   #41
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Iíd assume the same but the way they greeted each other didnít seem like it was a couple days apart just getting back to school after being unsnapped.
Old 04-27-2019, 12:40 PM   #42
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Shady McCoy spoiled the movie for thousands of people on Twitter.
Old 04-27-2019, 12:54 PM   #43
Ben Simmons 25
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Iíd assume the same but the way they greeted each other didnít seem like it was a couple days apart just getting back to school after being unsnapped.

Could be more of a we both know we got snapped away and that Peter was out there fighting the good fight and itís really good to see you sort of look...
Old 04-27-2019, 12:55 PM   #44
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Yeah, I assume he got snapped as well. He doesn't look like he has aged at all. The greeting can be construed as "man finally getting back to some normalcy... though half our class graduated already."
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 01:16 PM   #45
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Thatís the problem....it wouldnít be a finally thing. From their point of view...if snapped?

That shit was 20 minutes before the final battle.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: