Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-20-2019, 08:56 AM   #16
n00bie
Vince's Real Daddy

Default Re: Livestream (previously aired) from Hong Kong... police going ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
So you want us to mind our business or fight regimes?

Lol make up ya damn mind

I have friends and relatives in HK and I can tell you only students are protesting. The rest of the city doesnt agree with the protesters and how they terrorized the city. They're destroying the city, disrupting people's lives.

If the U.S. wants to get involved, they should help the HK police arrest these protesters.
n00bie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:50 AM   #17
sammichoffate
Land o' Lakes

Quote:
So you want us to mind our business or fight regimes?

Lol make up ya damn mind
I've always been isolationist, I don't know what you're trying to say. We've been overstaying in the Middle East for decades, I also didn't want Libya to turn into even more of a shithole after we "liberated" it. Hong Kong isn't our business until it turns into a humanitarian issue, this doesn't qualify as that.
sammichoffate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:05 PM   #18
CelticBaller
The One

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammichoffate
I've always been isolationist, I don't know what you're trying to say. We've been overstaying in the Middle East for decades, I also didn't want Libya to turn into even more of a shithole after we "liberated" it. Hong Kong isn't our business until it turns into a humanitarian issue, this doesn't qualify as that.
Libya was a “humanitarian” issue too

How about we mind our own? Pushing your ideas of “freedom” is another way of colonization
CelticBaller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 05:23 PM   #19
sammichoffate
Land o' Lakes

Quote:
Libya was a “humanitarian” issue too

How about we mind our own? Pushing your ideas of “freedom” is another way of colonization
No, it was a Civil War which turned into another Civil War.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libyan_Civil_War_(2011)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libyan...%80%93present)

I don't know what you're trying to argue, I agree lol. Another country breaching the Geneva Convention is the only justifiable time we should be intervening in another country's affairs at this point. When Police or the Military start murdering or torturing citizens indiscriminately, that's when it turns into something that warrants a discussion about intervention.
sammichoffate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 05:45 PM   #20
Pushxx
Out here

Quote:
^Lmao why the **** should the US be involved in HK?

HK is part of china and before that UK. Let them handle thier problems

We shouldn't get involved in every single shitshow going on in the world. You realize how many protest are going on right now and how many people are dying?

Exactly. Our country would be so much better if we stopped giving a shit about other countries' problems.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 04:07 PM   #21
Cleverness
GSW Fan Since the 90s

Ted Cruz: Hong Kong is the new Berlin
Cleverness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 09:27 PM   #22
iamgine

Quote:
^Lmao why the **** should the US be involved in HK?

HK is part of china and before that UK. Let them handle thier problems

We shouldn't get involved in every single shitshow going on in the world. You realize how many protest are going on right now and how many people are dying?
One reason is so bad ideologies don't spread and get stronger, which would be terrible for the US. Of course, not in every single sh!tshow. Just the major ones.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 11:47 PM   #23
bladefd
The Renaissance man

Historic turnout

Quote:
Early returns showed pro-democracy candidates taking at least 201 of 452 district council seats, up from 124.

Quote:
On Sunday, long lines wrapped around city blocks as voters rushed to the polls in record turn out. The city reported that more than 2.9 million people voted, a turnout rate of more than 71%. More people voted in Sunday's local election than any election in Hong Kong to date.
https://www.npr.org/2019/11/24/78245...ent-to-beijing

To hell with Beijing and the Chinese government
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 01:12 AM   #24
Cleverness
GSW Fan Since the 90s

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Historic turnout

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/24/78245...ent-to-beijing

To hell with Beijing and the Chinese government

The people of Hong Kong are fighting for freedom against the totalitarian Communist China regime that puts a million people in concentration camps. Hong Kong has shown they can be a prosperous, flourishing society w/ free market capitalism. This is much different than the middle east.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:16 AM   #25
Cleverness
GSW Fan Since the 90s

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bie
These are just occurrences with video evidence. I can't even imagine what else has been going on without a camera present. These are not protesters. These are rioters.

The protests started as peaceful as anyone could imagine.

When Communist China came into Hong Kong with military thugs and beat the shit out of innocent civilians, biting ears off those campaigning for freedom, murdering and kidnapping women, etc. Hong Kongers eventually fought back.

Quote:
I have friends and relatives in HK and I can tell you only students are protesting. The rest of the city doesnt agree with the protesters and how they terrorized the city. They're destroying the city, disrupting people's lives.

Me too. I can tell you that it is not only students who are protesting.

Interesting. 2 million people marched. That's a lot of students.

So far it's a record election turnout and the pro-CCP crowd has been crushed 388 to 59.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:50 PM   #26
n00bie
Vince's Real Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverness
The protests started as peaceful as anyone could imagine.

When Communist China came into Hong Kong with military thugs and beat the shit out of innocent civilians, biting ears off those campaigning for freedom, murdering and kidnapping women, etc. Hong Kongers eventually fought back.

Me too. I can tell you that it is not only students who are protesting.

Interesting. 2 million people marched. That's a lot of students.

So far it's a record election turnout and the pro-CCP crowd has been crushed 388 to 59.

Those marches were peaceful. People stopped marching once the students turned the protests violent.

These violent protests don't make sense to anyone. We all get that they're upset about how the police are handling this, but it doesn't give them the right to terrorize the whole city.

Police beating protesters results in protesters beating and terrorizing citizens?
Old 11-26-2019, 12:10 AM   #27
Cleverness
GSW Fan Since the 90s

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bie
Those marches were peaceful. People stopped marching once the students turned the protests violent.

These violent protests don't make sense to anyone. We all get that they're upset about how the police are handling this, but it doesn't give them the right to terrorize the whole city.

Police beating protesters results in protesters beating and terrorizing citizens?

No. When Communist China came into Hong Kong with military thugs and beat the shit out of innocent civilians, biting ears off those campaigning for freedom, murdering and kidnapping women, etc. Hong Kongers eventually fought back.

https://www.reddit.com/r/actualconsp...sters_to_beat/

https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/c...g_district_as/

Remember that the people of Hong Kong are pro-freedom and against the tyranny of CCP, as seen in the election results. Last I checked a record election turnout and the pro-CCP crowd has been crushed 388 to 59.
Old 11-26-2019, 12:19 AM   #28
CelticBaller
The One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverness
No. When Communist China came into Hong Kong with military thugs and beat the shit out of innocent civilians, biting ears off those campaigning for freedom, murdering and kidnapping women, etc. Hong Kongers eventually fought back.

https://www.reddit.com/r/actualconsp...sters_to_beat/

https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/c...g_district_as/

Remember that the people of Hong Kong are pro-freedom and against the tyranny of CCP, as seen in the election results. Last I checked a record election turnout and the pro-CCP crowd has been crushed 388 to 59.
HK is still part of China

China will do whatever they want with them
CelticBaller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 04:16 PM   #29
n00bie
Vince's Real Daddy

Quote:
HK is still part of China

China will do whatever they want with them

Exactly. Theres no way in hell China will give up HK. Will the U.S. go to war with China over HK? Not a chance. Theres no oil there.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:04 AM   #30
bladefd
The Renaissance man

Major protest in... mainland China

Could protests be spreading to mainland China from Hong Kong? It is easily the biggest fear by the sh!tbags in Chinese government.

Quote:
Chinese police clashed with protesters in a southern province near Hong Kong over the weekend, in a rare case of public dissent which saw hundreds demonstrate against the building of a crematorium.

Video footage circulated on Twitter, purported to be of the protests, showed police firing tear gas and chasing people in the town of Wenlou, Guangdong province. The footage also showed rows of police vehicles tipped onto their sides.

Some citizens, including one elderly person, were seen lying unconscious on the ground, while others were shown surrounding police vehicles and shouting: “Protest!”

The clashes took place around 60 miles north of Hong Kong, where pro-democracy protestors have been taking to the streets since June, initially demonstrating against a proposed extradition bill between the semi-autonomous region and mainland China.

Protesting being illegal without government approval, large-scale demonstrations against the central government are all but unheard of on the mainland in modern times.

Though protests against local authorities about issues such as environmental concerns, city planning and workers’ rights occur from time to time, it is rarely on the scale of the Wenlou skirmishes.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ear-hong-kong/
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: