Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Default Re: This is the most aesthetically pleasing 50 point game of all-time

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1990
    Lol 04 lakers had shaq... I am looking for a reason to why the GOAT kome gets raped so often in the playoffs with a stacked team.

so Shaq played on over 6 50+ win teams capable of winning a Title without Kobe......guess how many times he got Raped in the playoff's???

Out of shape Shaq = Stacked?...ok so again...read above.

next

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu
    Monta Ellis would average 35 ppg in MJs era.
    on 50% shooting like ALL OTHER players in the 80s

@ that no defense decade

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

at how Samuri still thinks I am someone else. I haven't even been a regular poster for well over a year.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Yup. There is a family of them that are all the same poster, add Roundball Rock. Immortal24, too.
    Notsureifserious.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUf4sCUsDpI

oh lawd, barely any layups, just unbelievable shooting ability (lol MJ could never pull this off, just didn't have the shooting/range).
    That's phenomenal shooting. The ball barely hits rim and only hits the sweet part of the rim like three times? Great stuff.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    so Shaq played on over 6 50+ win teams capable of winning a Title without Kobe......guess how many times he got Raped in the playoff's???

Out of shape Shaq = Stacked?...ok so again...read above.

next
    Oh man so stupid. Shaq as a second option> pippen as a second option . Jordan with good pippen as a second option=1 series loss. Kobe with shaq and gasol/bynum/odom as second option has lost by double digits 4 times. Btw shaq played better than kobe in that detroit series .

next.

Most of them at smallest were 6'4. Stop exaggerating. Starks is the only 6'2 player you have there.

But like I said ... why do Kobe stans refer to height as being the key to defense? I mean sure it is if you're a jump shooter. Why? Because they can contest your jumper with more regularity.

You do realize one of the best man to man defensive guards in the league today is a 6'3 white guy, right?

MJ was an attacker, settling for jumpers second. Plenty of athletic 6'7-ish defenders had their chance with Jordan and failed.

The reason they put people on him who were smaller was try to negate MJ's extreme quickness.

Clearly you don't understand this though, so it's no use even talking about it with you.

nope.....I played against Gary Payton at Skyline High school all the time he's 6'2" maybe 6'3" on a good day....

Glen Rivers is listed at 6'4"???..

I'm not trying to knock MJ....he dominated..plain and simple.....but stans saying he would dominate todays players more so then in his era are just basketball illiterate...

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalD24
    Notsureifserious.
    Fatal9 is a Kobe fan from Canada, too. Maybe I was making one too many assumptions. But you know damn well we used to talk to KB42PAH, and the kid is a nut ball.

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

If PHX only had a tough 6'2" SG like Jeff Hornacek , Craig Ehlo , John Starks or Dan Marljle??......darn Raja and Marion....
    This moron is still at it .....again, dumbass still doesn't understand that ron Harper 6'6 and Larry Nance 6'9 were tasked with Jordan too

Jordan's era 6 DPOY on the perimeter with two of those guys winning it twice

Kobe's era 1?

Ron Artest....Jordan at 39 lit up this same one for 19 straight points and finished with 29 points overrall

Bowen: Jordan is the toughest player he had to defend(yes supposedly Kobe's best defender who he faced from 30-37 years of age), let's not forget he and Raja Bell were undrafted, yup just like Starks, the guy Kobehomers make fun of

Eddie Jones/Kobe combo Jordan avg 30+ at age 34-35

Posey 35 points

Garnett 35 points(26 first half points)

Ruben Patterson 25 points

Jefferson/Kidd(age 40) 43 points

Marion 41 points

Pierce 32 points and 25 points

Ray Allen 44 points

Bryant/Fox 25 points in 30 minutes

Kobe Bryant fans bringing up height, yet have no explanation for Kobe and his wows against Eric Snow or the old man Jason Kidd

wow what an advantage Jordan has over Payton

Kobe being defended by 6'4 guys WTF??

two great defenders Payton and Wade....only difference is one has the hardware and a nickname because his defense was that damn good...guess which one?

so let's quit acting like Kobe is guaded by all these 6'7 uber athletes

Last edited by Calabis; 07-03-2011 at 01:51 PM.

Banned

Fatal9 is a Kobe fan from Canada, too. Maybe I was making one too many assumptions. But you know damn well we used to talk to KB42PAH, and the kid is a nut ball.
    Yeah I've read that Fatal9 lives in the north york area of Toronto.. but I don't know him. He's more into Bird than Kobe. I'm not much of a Larry Bird (or Pippen) fan.

KB42PAH aka ko8e is a good friend of mine.. I talk to him on aim. Never met him IRL though.

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1990
    Oh man so stupid. Shaq as a second option> pippen as a second option . Jordan with good pippen as a second option=1 series loss. Kobe with shaq and gasol/bynum/odom as second option has lost by double digits 4 times. Btw shaq played better than kobe in that detroit series .

next.

what?...

"good Pippen"...is that the same as a "motivated Shaq"..or "young Jordan" with "not so good Pippen".....is on another level.....much like "old Jordan"...with "good stackhouse"

......so "Good Pippen" and "Motivated Shaq"...broken down using advanced math = Kobe with greater winning %..

good Pippen/ good Rodman/ good Harper/ good kukoc>Odumb/hurt Bynum/gasoft...

hope I broke it down barneystyle for y'a

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    lol @ MJ stans trying to pretend like Kobe don't have a more fluid shooting stroke.

I never seen MJ make that many jumpers in a game ever, even in his HIGHLIGHTS MJ ain't gonna have that many jumpers.

This is why MJ would struggle in today's zone era.

lol at so called zone defense that can stop MJ, the zone could only be effective against player weren't fast enough like kobe or team that dont rotate much like 08 laker against boston. Look at what happen to wade against zone, he always blows by it before the zone could trap him. Can kobe do that? no, he isn't as fast or explosive like wade does. Saying that MJ would struggle against zone is absurd.

He really loves doing it in the regular season against weak defensive team with so much confident but you can't see it from playoff(except against the sun in 2010, not a good defensive team from my standard though )

2006 and 2007 are the year that allow perimeter to do whatever they want. The softest defensive era. Pathetic

Root Of All Evil

nope.....I played against Gary Payton at Skyline High school all the time he's 6'2" maybe 6'3" on a good day....
    You do realize Jordan's height was exaggerated too, right? He's like 6'4 and change. That's what 2 inches taller?

All the players I mentioned were as good defensively as anyone today.

And even then I gave you video of a 38 year old MJ toying with an athletic PRIME Shawn Marion, and DOMINATING an athletic / defensive 7'1 freak in Kevin Garnett.

No excuse, Kobe stan? No rebuttal?

Alot of cases the defenders I mentioned were better because they were smarter players.

This current league from the early 2000's on was watered down with straight out of HS kids who while have natural abilities, are some of the dumbest players I've ever seen in my life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8g7_jlXN4g

What makes Gerald Green a better defender than Joe Dumars?

Simply because he's 6'7? Yet has no defensive fundamentals, intelligence and grit?

Defense is about mental tenacity, intelligence angles, and heart.

Has little to do with height, length, and athleticism. Granted that stuff helps, but it isn't what makes a great defender.

Gerald Green isn't even in the league anymore, but we're supposed to be more impressed and believe you and the Kobe stans when they say today's league has superior players?

Basketball isn't just about athleticism. And even then, LMAO @ people acting like there is a world of difference of athleticism from now, from the mid 80's to late 90's.

By the way, the league average height has actually gotten smaller over the course of time.

Just an FYI for you height nuts, who think thats what makes a defender.

I'm not even going into the physicality of the league, because then today's game looks even softer and worse off in comparison. Flops here, flops there.

It's embarassing as a basketball fan.

P.S. taste of your own medicine ... does JKobe being guarded by Speedy Claxton aka 5'11 PG make this any less impressive?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlHocT3PTYA

Kobe stans are certifiably retarded.
    Last edited by Samurai Swoosh; 07-03-2011 at 01:54 PM.

I hit 30-footers

Out of shape Shaq = Stacked?..ok so again...read above.

next
    Shaq put up 27/11 on 63% in that Finals.

Bryant = 22 ppg on 38%.

Quote Originally Posted by Calabis
    This moron is still at it .....again, dumbass still doesn't understand that ron Harper 6'6 and Larry Nance 6'9 were tasked with Jordan too

Jordan's era 6 DPOY on the perimeter with two of those guys winning it twice

Kobe's era 1?

Ron Artest....Jordan at 39 lit up this same one for 19 straight points and finished with 29 points overrall

Bowen: Jordan is the toughest player he had to defend(yes supposedly Kobe's best defender who he faced from 30-37 years of age), let's not forget he and Raja Bell were undrafted, yup just like Starks, the guy Kobehomers make fun of

Eddie Jones/Kobe combo Jordan avg 30+ at age 34-35

Posey 35 points

Garnett 35 points(26 first half points)

Ruben Patterson 25 points

Jefferson/Kidd(age 40) 43 points

Marion 41 points

Pierce 32 points and 25 points

Ray Allen 44 points

Bryant/Fox 25 points in 30 minutes

Kobe Bryant fans bringing up height, yet have no explanation for Kobe and his wows against Eric Snow or the old man Jason Kidd

wow what an advantage Jordan has over Payton

Kobe being defended by 6'4 guys WTF??

two great defenders Payton and Wade....only difference is one has the hardware and a nickname because his defense was that damn good...guess which one?

so let's quit acting like Kobe is guaded by all these 6'7 uber athletes

stan..U mad?