Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 08-05-2008, 02:10 AM   #1
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far
Default Coach K: Bosh the 'Defensive Leader' of Team USA

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/new...7536/arti.html

Watching a few of the games I'd kind of felt he was a little invisible as far as his stats, but it sounds like he's impressing Coach K coming in and doing the dirty work. In typical Bosh fashion he's showing no ego, accepting that a team with LeBron/Melo/Kobe/Wade isn't hurting for extra offense.

This is why this kid is and will be the leader of our team for the next ten years. If you think any one of the aforementioned Big 4 wouldn't be pouting at least a little given the same lack of touches, you're crazy.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:43 AM   #2
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Coach K: Bosh the 'Defensive Leader' of Team USA

I always thought Bosh was underrated when it came to his defensive game..On the Raptors he was always put up against centers that were too big for him..but if you let him just worry about the opposing 4 , he is one of the better defensive players..
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:04 AM   #3
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

His numbers haven't been great....17mins and 0 bds one day. But this is a good article about his D. I actually don't think Bosh is much of a defender, but maybe Zan T is correct and this year we will see a difference with JO beside him.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:32 PM   #4
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
I always thought Bosh was underrated when it came to his defensive game..On the Raptors he was always put up against centers that were too big for him..but if you let him just worry about the opposing 4 , he is one of the better defensive players..

I agree! one more point to add

Bosh's defense it no only underrated, but affected tremendously in the NBA because his role has changed. When VC was still in town, Bosh played better defense (more blocks and rebounds) because he can afford to be fouled out.

Since becoming the franchise player, coaches have repeatedly told him not the gamble on every shot blocking opportunity.

The strategy is to leave that to the SF and C.
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:18 AM   #5
mjohn90
I airball my layups

mjohn90 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekman
I agree! one more point to add

Bosh's defense it no only underrated, but affected tremendously in the NBA because his role has changed. When VC was still in town, Bosh played better defense (more blocks and rebounds) because he can afford to be fouled out.

Since becoming the franchise player, coaches have repeatedly told him not the gamble on every shot blocking opportunity.

The strategy is to leave that to the SF and C.

Well I guess that explains his drop in rebounds. I always thought CB4's rebounds were down because of his leg problem.
mjohn90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:37 AM   #6
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohn90
Well I guess that explains his drop in rebounds. I always thought CB4's rebounds were down because of his leg problem.

It doesn't really explain his rebounding. Bosh just isn't a bruiser. I think JO should be our top rebounder this upcoming season.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:15 AM   #7
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
It doesn't really explain his rebounding. Bosh just isn't a bruiser. I think JO should be our top rebounder this upcoming season.

Agree! Especially when Bosh will take a lot of shots (attract the big defenders) .. leaving JO open to grab those offensive boards.

on defence, i would like to see JO focused on rebounds, and Bosh out running for fast break
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:47 AM   #8
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

for the record... whoever wrote the article said that bosh is the "defensive leader" and not coach K himself...

coach K simply pointed out that bosh is playing great even though it's not showing up in the stats.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:13 PM   #9
The_Night_Elf
My Game's Nucking Futs

The_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat cool

Hey, any improvement only helps the Raps. Go Bosh, learn from the best.
The_Night_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:55 PM   #10
Trax416
Great young streetballer

Trax416 has an OK reputation so far

His numbers have not been great because nobody is passing to him. He was 100 percent shooting 3/5 games.
Trax416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 02:12 PM   #11
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Jalen5 has an OK reputation so far

Bosh used his 13minutes vs China doing good jobs on rebounding.

8Reb 4 of each from O n D, 9pts and 3 steals?!?!?

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer...ore?gameId=765
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:36 PM   #12
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bosh on team USA isn't a main guy, nor does he get a ton of minutes or stats, but his presence is felt whenever he's on the court. I'm liking what i've seen so far of him in the olympics in terms of his energy, intensity, defense, strength and rebounding. Bosh said that before he was officially selected to the team, those were all things he's been working on.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:13 AM   #13
Silence Dogood
I airball my layups

Silence Dogood has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Bosh on team USA isn't a main guy, nor does he get a ton of minutes or stats, but his presence is felt whenever he's on the court. I'm liking what i've seen so far of him in the olympics in terms of his energy, intensity, defense, strength and rebounding. Bosh said that before he was officially selected to the team, those were all things he's been working on.
Such may be a glorious turn of events for our young Star of David, to be so generous with his improvement and to let his greatest thrust itself unto our lives - however for him to hath not concentrate his infinite energies toward that side of the ball - which having been as orange and as leather as it hath ever been, and involves the passing of the sphere through yonder basket - then he will forever be failing for the Raptors, who have no other alternative but to rely on his oh-so-efficient scoring.

Silence Dogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:43 AM   #14
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

HalphbreedBaller has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silence Dogood
Such may be a glorious turn of events for our young Star of David, to be so generous with his improvement and to let his greatest thrust itself unto our lives - however for him to hath not concentrate his infinite energies toward that side of the ball - which having been as orange and as leather as it hath ever been, and involves the passing of the sphere through yonder basket - then he will forever be failing for the Raptors, who have no other alternative but to rely on his oh-so-efficient scoring.

Give me a Break!
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:17 AM   #15
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalphbreedBaller
Give me a Break!
Wonder how long he'll keep that gimmick up!?
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: