Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-22-2008, 01:36 PM   #1
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Ginobili done for the olympics

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...-ginobili.html

Beijing - Argentine basketball star Emanuel Ginobili is injured and will miss Sunday's game for Olympic bronze against Lithuania, Argentine team doctor Diego Grippo confirmed Friday. "There is no chance that 'Manu' will recover. He will not play against Lithuania," Grippo said.

A recurring injury to his left ankle forced Ginobili to remain on the bench for most of Friday's semi-final, which saw defending champion Argentina lose to the United States, 101-81.

"Ginobili is in a lot of pain, he is very sad," Argentine coach Sergio Hernandez said.

The San Antonio Spurs shooting guard was on court for just 6 minutes and 21 seconds in the semi-final and scored 2 points before withdrawing at half-time.

Andres Nocioni may also miss the game against Lithuania.

"He has tendinitis in his left knee. We will see if he recovers," said Grippo.
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 01:38 PM   #2
Showtime09
I brick open layups

Showtime09 has decent reputation
Default Re: Ginobili done for the olympic

That's too bad because I would've liked to see a full strength Argentina team take on the "Redeem" team.
Showtime09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 01:41 PM   #3
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Ginobili just said he will be out for the training camp and preseason also in an interview.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:42 PM   #4
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
popovich is creaming his pants now
you know he's fuming right now, if i remember right he spoke out against him playing in the olympics in the first place.... maybe somebody remebers better than me, but i'm fairly certain he wasn't happy about it because he had been injured in the playoffs and he wanted manu to take care of it this off season
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 01:42 PM   #5
AMERVET
i jam with closed eyes

AMERVET has an OK reputation so far

I Feel Bad For Him, Such A Competitor
AMERVET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 01:44 PM   #6
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
you know he's fuming right now, if i remember right he spoke out against him playing in the olympics in the first place.... maybe somebody remebers better than me, but i'm fairly certain he wasn't happy about it because he had been injured in the playoffs and he wanted manu to take care of it this off season

hopefully he will be 100% when the season starts... there goes their chance this odd year if he wont be able to play
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 01:44 PM   #7
FlashMatrixPick

??
Old 08-22-2008, 02:19 PM   #8
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

I srsly doubt they will beat lithuania now, they coudlnt do it even with healthy manu and nocioni before.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:28 PM   #9
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

el_locoteee has decent reputationel_locoteee has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekindled
I srsly doubt they will beat lithuania now, they coudlnt do it even with healthy manu and nocioni before.

They just got a bad start to that game after that they owned the rest of the game.
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:32 PM   #10
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

somewhere in san antonio, e02dlyne is contemplating suicide.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:44 PM   #11
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
somewhere in san antonio, e02dlyne is contemplating suicide.

well, spurstalk is in meltdown mode.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:48 PM   #12
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thank you Manu Ginobili, and I am glad to see you leading Argentina in the 2004 Athens Olympics.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:51 PM   #13
despurs
High School JV MVP

despurs has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekindled
Ginobili just said he will be out for the training camp and preseason also in an interview.
Horrible News!
despurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 03:14 PM   #14
mattreis62
Good High School Starter

mattreis62 has decent reputation

I'm kinda bummed since a healthy Ginobli is one of the must entertaining players in the league, but I can't really be too upset at anything that helps out the Lakers.
mattreis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 03:31 PM   #15
proballer
Banned

proballer has an OK reputation so far

Pretty bad news for San Antonio. The Spurs just released Parker so that he can play with France, I guess Pop must be scared to death!
proballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: