Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Old 07-30-2006, 02:57 PM   #1
btimsah
I Hit Open Layups

btimsah has an OK reputation so far
Default Hornets are mini-suns.

As a Suns fan, in Oklahoma City I like what the Hornets are doing this off-season. I will only embrace the team once I know their staying here, otherwise I am not going to bother getting vested.

However I do think they will be playoff bound with their style and talent they've added. With West and Peja you've got two guys who can put up high fg %'s. I really think they should do a one year deal with Bonzi Wells. Wells looked unstoppable against the Spurs.

PG: Chris Paul
SG: Bonzi Wells
SF: Peja St.... (Not going to spell the rest)
PF: David West

I don't follow the Hornets that much so I probably missed someone but that would be a tight lineup.
btimsah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:06 PM   #2
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

yeah the Hornets are going to have a killer staring line.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:48 PM   #3
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

I'm not much of a fan of Bonzi's, so I don't like him going to a good franchise that is on a good start, and I don't want him to ruin it. But what about Tyson Chandler for Joe Johnson? Atlanta gets to clear up one of their wing players and allow Josh Chilldress to get the necessary playing time he deserves, while at the same time giving themselves a mindblowing defensive unit of Josh Smith, Tyson Chandler, and Shelden Williams. NO/OKC gets a shooter in Joe Johnson next to Peja. Johnson already played with Steve Nash, so he knows how to play the up tempo game. He is a great basketball player, as Coach K...I won't even try to spell it would say. The Hornets would lose Chandler, a promising young player about to come out of his shell, but this would give David West the opportunity to break out into a star, while starting Hilton Armstrong at the C, allowing the defense to be able to hold its own against who I think could be the next Dale Davis. Now I know this deal would probably never happen, but it is something I just thought of and decided to write. Please don't laugh too hard at me.

Old 07-31-2006, 02:47 PM   #4
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

They are pretty good but they won't become great unless their rookies devlop fast. They overpaid for Peja and they got an overpaid PF/C in Chandler, so they won't be able to add anyone soon. Peja is getting old and can't defend anyone. They most likely will be in the playoffs but they won't be higher then a 6th seed and they'll got knocked out in the first round.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:32 PM   #5
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Yup, CP3 makes it happen for the hornets like nash does for the suns
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: