Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 08-18-2008, 05:06 PM   #1
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

HalphbreedBaller has an OK reputation so far
Default Roko Ukic leading the Croatian national team.

http://olympics.thestar.com/2008/article/480245

I hope he plays well for us.
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:04 PM   #2
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Roko Ukic leading the Croatian national team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalphbreedBaller

I think he will I mean he was suppose to be the fourth best PG in the 05 draft behind 1.CP3 2.Deron Williams 3.Raymond Felton thats not a bad list to be fourth in.He just fell a little bit due to his contact.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:22 PM   #3
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Phenith has decent reputationPhenith has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
I think he will I mean he was suppose to be the fourth best PG in the 05 draft behind 1.CP3 2.Deron Williams 3.Raymond Felton thats not a bad list to be fourth in.He just fell a little bit due to his contact.

This guy might be the only hope of the Raps redeeming that draft class, Charlie V, Graham and Ukic, the last pick might be the best of them all. I can remember yelling at the TV when they didn't take Granger with the 7th pick and when he was still around at 16th I almost sh*t myself when they didn't take him. In my mock we took Granger at 7 and Ukic at 15, i'm glad Ukic dropped down to 41 for us because he was WAY overlooked. I can't believe guys like Nate, Diener and Jack got taken over him.

Last edited by Phenith : 08-18-2008 at 10:42 PM.
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:20 AM   #4
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalphbreedBaller
http://olympics.thestar.com/2008/article/480245

"The 6-foot-5 Ukic has been steady, if unspectacular, in the first four games of the tournament. One NBA assistant coach in attendance expects him to have the same impact in the NBA a steady backup who will have good nights and bad in a rookie season getting acclimated to the game."

Doesn't exactly fill me with a ton of confidence, but it's good to know from reading the article that he's at least pretty self-aware and humble when it comes to his game and things he's got to work on.

Sounds like Croatia is turning some heads too, which can do nothing but good for the kid's confidence coming in.

I'll be interested in seeing Calderon vs Ukic match up when they play in the Quarters.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:39 AM   #5
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenith
This guy might be the only hope of the Raps redeeming that draft class, Charlie V, Graham and Ukic, the last pick might be the best of them all. I can remember yelling at the TV when they didn't take Granger with the 7th pick and when he was still around at 16th I almost sh*t myself when they didn't take him. In my mock we took Granger at 7 and Ukic at 15, i'm glad Ukic dropped down to 41 for us because he was WAY overlooked. I can't believe guys like Nate, Diener and Jack got taken over him.
It's sick how many Raptors fans on here (myself included) wanted Granger with that #7 pick and the Raptors passed on him twice.

Ah well.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:08 AM   #6
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

HalphbreedBaller has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenith

At least we got JO out of that heep of players...
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:32 AM   #7
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
It's sick how many Raptors fans on here (myself included) wanted Granger with that #7 pick and the Raptors passed on him twice.

Ah well.

I almost spit out my coffee when I saw you Avatar....lol

I love Ukics size at the gaurd position. gone are the days of opposing teams simply pulling up and shooting over our gaurds with ease. ala...martin dixon ford.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:53 AM   #8
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo

Ah well.
I don't even know what to say. RashO'Neal avatar.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: