Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 08-19-2008, 04:00 AM   #16
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: You guys need a BIG star player

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
No doubt.

Any and all help would be welcomed with open arms. *ahem, Carlos Boozer's an unrestricted free agent next year, ahem*

Boozer is a guy I was thinking about when I was writing that response. Having a scoring power forward who rebounds would be the most ideal fit with Granger. And then Dunleavy can become the 3rd option he was meant to be.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:03 AM   #17
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i think at this point, we're awaiting for the emergence of a star from our own roster as it is. granger has the potential to be an allstar and i think he can be better than scottie pippen, who he's compared to quite often.

tj ford might possibly rise in status this year if he can stay healthy. i also think mike dunleavy could be an allstar some day.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:23 AM   #18
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Boozer is a guy I was thinking about when I was writing that response. Having a scoring power forward who rebounds would be the most ideal fit with Granger. And then Dunleavy can become the 3rd option he was meant to be.
The only thing that would make me think that Boozer wouldn't want anything to do with us is the incredibly small market...
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:11 PM   #19
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
The only thing that would make me think that Boozer wouldn't want anything to do with us is the incredibly small market...

Compared to Utah?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:22 PM   #20
PTstyle272
Decent playground baller

PTstyle272 has an OK reputation so far

To be honest I think the best thing we could do is just keep trying to look for a low salaried big man who has some potential but hasn't emerged yet. We tried with Diogu and it didn't work out but we could use a guy in his mold but a little taller and more of a defensive mindset. The worst thing we could do is get another high salary guy when we have to resign Granger and possibly our other rookie contracts if they turn out to be studs. I've heard Carl Landry pop up here and there, thats def a guy I feel would fit our style but not bind us to anything if we decide to go another direction.
PTstyle272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:27 PM   #21
PTstyle272
Decent playground baller

PTstyle272 has an OK reputation so far

I've also thought we should try to get Al Harrington back, only if he can get back to his play in his last year he was with us. It seems since he left for Atlanta he's gone away from his scrappy hard nosed defense and is more focused on being effective on the offensive end. He can run the floor well for a big guy and I think would fit this system almost perfectly.

Ford
Dunleavy
Granger
Harrington
Foster/Rasho/Hibbert/Murphy, take your pick
PTstyle272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:34 PM   #22
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTstyle272
I've also thought we should try to get Al Harrington back, only if he can get back to his play in his last year he was with us. It seems since he left for Atlanta he's gone away from his scrappy hard nosed defense and is more focused on being effective on the offensive end. He can run the floor well for a big guy and I think would fit this system almost perfectly.

Ford
Dunleavy
Granger
Harrington
Foster/Rasho/Hibbert/Murphy, take your pick

I've been talking about a Tinsley for Harrington deal for awhile now. Something like Shawn + Jamaal, I think both'd flourish there. Al's big gripe about being here was always about starting, which he'd have plenty of chance to earn here. Just not sure how willing GS'd be since they got Marcus Williams. It's not so much the money Tinsley's owed it's just the length.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:37 PM   #23
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I've been talking about a Tinsley for Harrington deal for awhile now. Something like Shawn + Jamaal, I think both'd flourish there. Al's big gripe about being here was always about starting, which he'd have plenty of chance to earn here. Just not sure how willing GS'd be since they got Marcus Williams. It's not so much the money Tinsley's owed it's just the length.

As small as Harrington plays, he still is one of the Warriors big men. And they really do not have many big men so I doubt they would be willing to deal him for Tinsley and Shawne. They are going to need a big man who can play in return for him otherwise they would be paper thin in their already thin front court
Old 08-20-2008, 02:25 AM   #24
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
As small as Harrington plays, he still is one of the Warriors big men. And they really do not have many big men so I doubt they would be willing to deal him for Tinsley and Shawne. They are going to need a big man who can play in return for him otherwise they would be paper thin in their already thin front court

al is an awesome guy, but i don't think he's gonna want to come back for a third time.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:53 AM   #25
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

Granger should be that star you are looking for. And Ford will be his support
FORD and Granger
Also maybe Bird should look into trading with the Pistons. Dumars states he was trying to get rid of some of the players on his team, so maybe he and bird can make a deal. Someone like Rasheed Wallace or Tayshaun Prince can help out a lot
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 12:03 PM   #26
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBlaze
Granger should be that star you are looking for. And Ford will be his support
FORD and Granger
Also maybe Bird should look into trading with the Pistons. Dumars states he was trying to get rid of some of the players on his team, so maybe he and bird can make a deal. Someone like Rasheed Wallace or Tayshaun Prince can help out a lot

Who does Indy have that the Pistons would even want for those guys? Tay is vastly underrated on ISH and Sheed is expiring. Pacers are not getting either of those 2
Old 08-20-2008, 12:09 PM   #27
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Who does Indy have that the Pistons would even want for those guys? Tay is vastly underrated on ISH and Sheed is expiring. Pacers are not getting either of those 2

There's nowhere to play Prince with the wings already stocked. Sheed's what, 34? He'd be nice to have, especially as a huge expirer, but all we'd have that would make sense to move is Murphy and change or a group of our own expirers. Dumars would call Larry a hick and hang up immediately.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:09 PM   #28
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Agreed. Pacers and Pistons won't be doing any deals together anytime soon.

The bad blood, and the fact that they're both in the same division makes any trade scenario highly unlikely.

But, good news is, Ben Wallace is currently on his tour of all of the Central Division teams, so our shot at him is coming up.

Hopefully, he picks us over the Bucks.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 12:17 PM   #29
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

What's the current MLE at? ~5.5 mil? I'd flirt with the idea of giving Landry maybe 4 million of that for say 4 years. Of course Houston'd probably match.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:50 PM   #30
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Agreed. Pacers and Pistons won't be doing any deals together anytime soon.

The bad blood, and the fact that they're both in the same division makes any trade scenario highly unlikely.

But, good news is, Ben Wallace is currently on his tour of all of the Central Division teams, so our shot at him is coming up.

Hopefully, he picks us over the Bucks.

I honestly think Ben will retire once his contract is up. He made his dough and really does not look too motivated out there. Not to mention his drop in production and age being a bigger factor for him. He may sign a 1 or 2 yr deal for a contending team after his contract but thats a maybe
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: