Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 08-19-2008, 12:01 PM   #1
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Realistic Iverson Trade Idea...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~7&te=&c ash=

They get Eddy Curry & Jamal Crawford for Iverson. Gives them a strong 20 point a night guard with a competent offensive and big Center they need out West.

New York gives them a true superstar to fill the stands over the next season (which they definitely need), and they get an expiring contract to fulfill their "Sign Lebron in 2010" quest.

Both Teams win.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:55 PM   #2
BBallGuru08
I brick open layups

BBallGuru08 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Realistic Iverson Trade Idea...

Here is my trade idea:

The Nuggets send Iverson and Martin to the Chicago Bulls for Kirk Hinrich, Larry Hughes, Tyrus Thomas and Drew Gooden. This would be the perfect situation for the Bulls as Rose is a bigger point guard that can guard opposing 2 guards while AI guards the points. For the Nuggets, the get a bunch of pieces that can be put around Melo and succeed.

Line up:

PG Hinrich - Atkins
SG Hughes - Smith
SF Anthony - Thomas - Balkman
PF Gooden - Kleiza
C Nene - Hunter

The Bulls:

PG Rose - Duhon
SG Iverson - Sefolosha
SF Deng - Nocioni
PF Martin - Simmons
C Noah - Gray
BBallGuru08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:27 PM   #3
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Thats a lopsided unrealistic trade that Chicago would never do. It thins out their roster and leaves not even one decent player on the bench.

The Bulls are likely looking for a sign and trade deal at this point for Gordon. I dont think they are trying to take on the large contract of Kenyon Martin, and block their chances of signing Dwayne Wade in 2010 which has been their rumored plan.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:54 PM   #4
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

I've got the most realistic trade idea for iverson.

The nuggets don't trade iverson :)
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:28 PM   #5
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
I've got the most realistic trade idea for iverson.

The nuggets don't trade iverson
:)

My thought exactly!
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:43 PM   #6
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~7&te=&c ash=

They get Eddy Curry & Jamal Crawford for Iverson. Gives them a strong 20 point a night guard with a competent offensive and big Center they need out West.

New York gives them a true superstar to fill the stands over the next season (which they definitely need), and they get an expiring contract to fulfill their "Sign Lebron in 2010" quest.

Both Teams win.
You guys can keep Curry & Crawford, but thanks for trying though.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:47 PM   #7
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

crawford & curry would be a GREAT trade for the nuggets

why not throw in lee for hunter(expirer) as well?

i think that the nuggets would have to add a pick or 2 to that ny trade

the chicago trade idea just needs ben gordon in place of hughes & its a great trade
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:14 PM   #8
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

The nuggets don't need another undersized 2 guard.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:49 AM   #9
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would hate for Crawford and Curry to be in Denver. Crawford dribbles too much and isn't efficient, as well as takes some very bad shots. Curry is overweight, poor work ethic and low basketball IQ. Just makes us worse to be honest.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:36 PM   #10
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far

I think we need to focus more on having players that play as a team rather than just raw talent. imo we need to go after players that have a pass first mentality and just play a solid defensive overall game.

That is why I have been waiting for the Nuggets to get Hinrich this whole offseason, but that hasn't happened yet. Hinrich is all of those things I've said above.

P.S. I like your new avatar KRAYZIE, that is what I call BALLIN'
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:10 PM   #11
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

The nuggets have been interested in cassell for nearly a year now. I don't see them signing him.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:22 PM   #12
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Crew

P.S. I like your new avatar KRAYZIE, that is what I call BALLIN'

Thanks man.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:58 PM   #13
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
I would hate for Crawford and Curry to be in Denver. Crawford dribbles too much and isn't efficient, as well as takes some very bad shots. Curry is overweight, poor work ethic and low basketball IQ. Just makes us worse to be honest.

makes us worse? i just cant understand that statement

i understand your thoughts on crawford, but the way i see it is that he would be a huge upgrade from ac and that he is very capable of playing point gaurd on a team that he isnt the best scorer

& on curry i believe that we are for sure atleast 1-2 bigs short of having even a competitive frontline- w currys sze, age, & ability i think that that would be great odds to gamble on adding to the "young core" of melo, jr, nene, & kleiza- who plays in the rotation or starts "if" nene or kmart goes down? birdman? steven hunter? jelani mccoy?

but more importantly than anything i believe would be the salary cap implications- curry, crawford & kmat would all come off the books in the same year (the chris paul yeary - the belief of salary cap space this upcoming offseason seems crazy to me, to have space we would have to let go of jr & or kleiza- we CAN NOT use capsace this next offseason any better that on those imo

the reality is that their is very littl if any chance that the knicks would do that deal, i just cant figure why such a negitive reaction from ths board (besides the ai fans)?
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:41 PM   #14
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
i understand your thoughts on crawford, but the way i see it is that he would be a huge upgrade from ac and that he is very capable of playing point gaurd on a team that he isnt the best scorer
Huge upgrades skill wise don't always mean the best for our team. He takes very bad shots and doesn't play defense, not to mention his very low FG%. Melo/Curry/Crawford isn't a team that's going to do anything in the playoffs. Too many other elite bigs in the West for Curry to match up well against. Chemistry wouldn't be right I don't think. I just can't see those 3 co-existing.
Quote:
& on curry i believe that we are for sure atleast 1-2 bigs short of having even a competitive frontline- w currys sze, age, & ability i think that that would be great odds to gamble on adding to the "young core" of melo, jr, nene, & kleiza- who plays in the rotation or starts "if" nene or kmart goes down? birdman? steven hunter? jelani mccoy?
Nene starting at C and Martin at PF with Curry off the bench sounds fairly reasonable. As long as he's not starting. We're not winning anything with him starting, no disrespect to him. He's just not a winning guy to have in your center spot, especially with a team around him that doesn't play defense. Denver is a running team. Curry can't run. He also isn't a good rebounder for his height, mainly because he's overweight and out of shape. He can't grab rebounds or make outlet passes to spark a fast break because he's not a very good passer, and certainly not a man I would want throwing a 30 foot lob down court.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:54 PM   #15
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
The nuggets don't need another undersized 2 guard.

Undersized? He's 6'5... how is that undersized for a 2 guard?

Anyway, I can understand how some might not think the team would get any better, but don't talk down on Crawford like he's a garbage player. He's basically the only bright spot on the Knicks. Dribbles too much? He averages 5 assists per game. Takes very bad shots? I dont know a guard that takes bad shots yet hits 41% from the field and 36% from 3 land. Where are you exactly getting your information on him?

All things that have been said about Curry I can easily agree with, but Crawford is a slept on allstar. He costs less and is 5 years younger. He could really flourish on a team once he gets some good teammates.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: