Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-20-2008, 12:05 AM   #1
~LA's fine$t~
WIF Champion

~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here
Default How do people love MGS?

I just don't get, I got Guns of Patriots tonight with my PS3 80GB and I played it for like 3 hours. I love the story line, graphics etc.

What I can never get past and where my interest dies is due to the lame camera angles. I mean this is a stealth game right? WHy is the camera/controls so ****ing hard to navigate?

I mean you have to look at every angle in this game, and the camera makes it impossible to do so. Plus they have SO MUCH things in this game, like food, camouflage, the learning curve is so huge. I just give up with this series, it's very hard for me to believe that this game is a perfect 10 in IGN, I think the game play is horrible due to the lame camera angle. Maybe I'm just too inpatient with the game play and maybe I don't know how to change the camera view.

So any of the MGS lovers, tell me how I can get past my discomfort with this game?
I want to love it, because I love the story line but the camera angle just frustrates me. Splinter Cell does NOT have that problem, it is so much easier to navigate your character and the camera angle is adequate!
~LA's fine$t~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:17 AM   #2
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: How do people love MGS?

were you using the 3d camera? i know mgs has 2 camera systems
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 07:55 AM   #3
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

I'm sorry to hear that you don't like the game man.

I know you have been talking about getting your ps3 for a long time. I haven't played the new one yet, but I loved the old ones. Maybe play some of those and see if that gets you going for the new one?
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 01:53 PM   #4
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

I didn't have any problems with the camera at all. In the options menu, you can even invert Y axis on three different cameras.

1. Normal Camera
2. First Person Camera (over the shoulder)
3. Scope Camera
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:14 PM   #5
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

People complained about the camera in Snake Eater as well, and they released MGS3: Substance, which was essentially Snake Eater with a moveable camera and some extras.

I don't get what the big deal is. In real life you can't see 360 degrees around you. If I want to look around, I hit the "first person" button and I look around. I had no issues whatsoever.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:20 PM   #6
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

I haven't played Metal Gear Solid game since MGS 2. I got the essentials pack too so I could revisit one, two and play three. What sucks about the essentals pack is that it has the regular version of MGS 3… I still need to get subsistence so I can play the MSX versions of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2.

The Solid games are decent gameplay wise… a bit overrated in that department. Kojima is really known for his storytelling and the MGS games trump in their story aspect…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 07:56 PM   #7
Mathius

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R

I haven't played Metal Gear Solid game since MGS 2. I got the essentials pack too so I could revisit one, two and play three. What sucks about the essentals pack is that it has the regular version of MGS 3… I still need to get subsistence so I can play the MSX versions of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2.

The Solid games are decent gameplay wise… a bit overrated in that department. Kojima is really known for his storytelling and the MGS games trump in their story aspect…

Eh. I'm gonna have to disagree. MGS1 and Snake Eater had awesome stories, but 2 sucked hardcore, and had WAY too many cut scenes, and that were WAY too long.

The game play is excellent. You can go through the missions like Rambo, or you can go completely stealth and get extra rewards. Easter Eggs abound, plenty of secrets, good controls... great graphics for each game's time. The Camo system in 3 can be a bit tedius, but again, it's optional.

Mathius
Old 08-20-2008, 10:20 PM   #8
no conscience
I brick open layups

no conscience has an OK reputation so far

back in the day i was so hyped for the original mgs after seeing that ground breaking trailer. it has been one of my favorites ever since. and even though most people think mgs2 is weak, i loved it just as much as the first. but for some reason, i played about an hour of mgs3 before stopping. i dont know for what reason. when i hear people talk about how its the best one, i try to pick it up again but i just stop. maybe it just got too complicated for me. thats the main reason why i havent picked up mgs4, im afraid it'll be too complicated
no conscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:06 PM   #9
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by no conscience
back in the day i was so hyped for the original mgs after seeing that ground breaking trailer. it has been one of my favorites ever since. and even though most people think mgs2 is weak, i loved it just as much as the first. but for some reason, i played about an hour of mgs3 before stopping. i dont know for what reason. when i hear people talk about how its the best one, i try to pick it up again but i just stop. maybe it just got too complicated for me. thats the main reason why i havent picked up mgs4, im afraid it'll be too complicated

Eh. MGS1 _might_ have been the best one if it was released last, but the graphics are now considered fuzzy by comparison.

Snake Eater is a bit more complicated, so if you don't like that one as much I guess I could understand. The camo thing takes patience and the whole eating thing can be tedius I guess. I loved it though. The boss fights were the best of the entire series. I especially like fighting "The End" and ... the flame guy. I forget his name...

MGS2 would have been good if they had put in shorter cut scenes with less babel and put Snake into it, instead of fighting as that d-bag Raiden.

Mathius
Old 09-13-2008, 02:12 PM   #10
no conscience
I brick open layups

no conscience has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Eh. MGS1 _might_ have been the best one if it was released last, but the graphics are now considered fuzzy by comparison.

Snake Eater is a bit more complicated, so if you don't like that one as much I guess I could understand. The camo thing takes patience and the whole eating thing can be tedius I guess. I loved it though. The boss fights were the best of the entire series. I especially like fighting "The End" and ... the flame guy. I forget his name...

MGS2 would have been good if they had put in shorter cut scenes with less babel and put Snake into it, instead of fighting as that d-bag Raiden.

Mathius

man i take that back about mgs3. i just beat it, man i think its one of my favorites of the series.
no conscience is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: