Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 08-25-2008, 12:45 PM   #16
rononymous
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: Hamed EHADADI joining grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Man iran has been playing horrible. They got beat by an avg of like 25ppg. Now hamed played awesome. But the rest of his team were really lacking talent.

That might lead to the chris Quinn effect... The last few games of the season, he looked like a star for the heat... because no one else was around to put up stats. Someone had to score. Chris Quinn is NOT a star and never will be. In fact I wouldnt be surprised to see him spend time in the D-league this year. Similarly, Will Hadadi be good? or will he look like less of a star amongst more legitimate NBA talent?
rononymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 05:02 PM   #17
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by rononymous
That might lead to the chris Quinn effect... The last few games of the season, he looked like a star for the heat... because no one else was around to put up stats. Someone had to score. Chris Quinn is NOT a star and never will be. In fact I wouldnt be surprised to see him spend time in the D-league this year. Similarly, Will Hadadi be good? or will he look like less of a star amongst more legitimate NBA talent?

Yeah I agree. I dont think hamed will be able to score that well. But I think the he will be able to rebound and block a few shots.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:27 PM   #18
Grizzled Mayo
I brick open layups

man you guys sure about him coming we aint even signed the dude yet
Grizzled Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:47 AM   #19
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnymac
Ehdadi is a beat. great low post scorer. has a few nifty moves in the low post. he is allready a better center then the likes of oberto, diop and etc. he will score a few point with good effeciency. he is also a great rebounder. i see him being a future fourteen and eleven boards type prospects. you guys go a steal in this guy.
No way he is better than Oberto!people dont rate Oberto cause of his low scoring,but thats because he is an unselfish player,if he has to he can score,and is one of the cleverest players out there,plus he is tough as nails!!Ehadadi is weaker than ricky rubio when he was 12!
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 06:25 PM   #20
jailer
MillionDollarException

La bomba seriously? Weaker then rubio? Wow really, your gonna put a center that weighs 265 in a lower strength category than a twelve year old boy?
Old 08-26-2008, 10:45 PM   #21
Grizzled Mayo
I brick open layups

Man I wouldnt really say oberto is all that good. He is an ok role player at best
Old 08-27-2008, 03:36 AM   #22
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Oberto is (or at least was) able to take a team on his shoulders if needed. He is not obviously a true star on the league, but he is better than what it looks. Now he is in a bodyguard role for Duncan, so he does his job accordingly.
Ehadadi, on the other hand, could be a servicable center. Just because of his size, he guarantees a good bunch or rebounds. I'm not sold on his scoring ability against high level competition and in a 82 games league, but that's something that can only be proved playing. But it is true that he is not a tough player. If people call Pau Gasol soft, this guy is like a teddy bear. Or at least that's how it looked in the games I've seen him, which to be fair, are very few, so don't take my comment as a bible ;-)

Anyway, I really doubt the guy will be allowed to play in the US.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:53 AM   #23
millwad
NBA rookie of the year

Hamed is better than Oberto, no doubt about that. In the Olympics every center tossed around Oberto like a *****, Hamed included and seriously, look at the guys stats, he has averaged, 3.9 ppg, 0.9 apg, 4.2 rebounds on 15 minutes per game and he can't shoot FT's.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:28 AM   #24
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
Hamed is better than Oberto, no doubt about that. In the Olympics every center tossed around Oberto like a *****, Hamed included and seriously, look at the guys stats, he has averaged, 3.9 ppg, 0.9 apg, 4.2 rebounds on 15 minutes per game and he can't shoot FT's.

Did Hamed that really? Just looked the stats of that game and Oberto played only 13 minutes, with 6 points (3/3 in 2pt FG, 0/2 FT) and 5 rebounds. Then Hamed went in a 7/15 from the field, which is pretty low for a guy of his size who should be beasting close to the rim.
I really think that Hamed could be better than Oberto has been because he has more range and is bigger, but he needs a lot of work before. He would be pleased earning half of the achievements Oberto already has.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:44 PM   #25
jailer
MillionDollarException

Hamed had nice numbers in the olympics.

As far as him playing here. The hold up was that america requires work permits for all iranians. He finally got a work permit allowing him to play here. The problem is that other teams are trying to get him also. Which is why he hasnt signed yet.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:44 PM   #26
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
Hamed had nice numbers in the olympics.

As far as him playing here. The hold up was that america requires work permits for all iranians. He finally got a work permit allowing him to play here. The problem is that other teams are trying to get him also. Which is why he hasnt signed yet.
Yeah, I read that he was cleared. If we get him I will be happy. I don't think he is the real deal, but his size is a good starting point for our defense, and he has a nice touch in offense, so as a minimum he will be useful. He could end up being a poor's man Yao Ming, which is a lot for this team.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:25 PM   #27
Grizzled Mayo
I brick open layups

At this point the it cant hurt for the grizz to take a couple of chance at finding a good player
Old 08-28-2008, 06:21 PM   #28
jailer
MillionDollarException

Yeah I agree with that. I just hope they sign the guy hear soon.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:08 AM   #29
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
Yeah I agree with that. I just hope they sign the guy hear soon.

He is already in. I just read it in the main forum.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:44 AM   #30
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Looks like he is officially a Grizz.

http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/news/gr...di-080828.html
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: