Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 08-29-2008, 12:56 PM   #31
rononymous
Can barely lace up my sneakers

rononymous has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Hamed EHADADI joining grizz

so he's grizz.... who will start at center? will he get any burn behind Gasol and Millicic? Is he behind them? Will they shift him or Darko to play PF?

If they do shift one of them over to play PF, what does that mean for the Warrick, Arthur tandem (I hope they play Darrel Arthur a lot, he's on my fantasy keeper team). What happens to Antoine Walker (I hope they waive or buy him out... or trade him for an empty bag of chips).

In short, you can sum up my post as, what is the depth chart going to look like? Any speculations?
rononymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:00 PM   #32
Ankel Breaker
I airball my layups

Ankel Breaker has an OK reputation so far

the grizz need all the help they can get. even bums. But hamed is better than millic, who is the king of bums

Last edited by Ankel Breaker : 08-29-2008 at 01:14 PM.
Ankel Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 01:04 AM   #33
Franchise
I airball my layups

Franchise has an OK reputation so far

I hope he is a big bust cause i hate him already Jason Collibs>Hamed
Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 01:52 AM   #34
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise
I hope he is a big bust cause i hate him already Jason Collibs>Hamed

Why would you hope that anyone was a bust? Did he doing something to you? Do you not like his game? Thats kinda random to wish this no name player to be a bust.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:05 PM   #35
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Depth chart should like this:
Conley/Lowry/Crittenton
Mayo/Jaric
Gay/Walker/Buckner
Warrick/Arthur
Gasol/Milicic/Ehdadi
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:21 PM   #36
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Conley/Lowry/Crittenton
Mayo/Jaric
Gay/Walker/Buckner
Warrick/Arthur
Gasol/Milicic/Ehdadi

Looks about right.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:34 AM   #37
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Conley/Lowry/Crittenton
Mayo/Jaric
Gay/Walker/Buckner
Warrick/Arthur
Gasol/Milicic/Ehdadi

In general is ok, but I think Darko will play more PF than C this year; Buckner is mainly a SG (although he can play SF) and Critt is used as SG most of the time, so my depth chart would be something like:

Conley/Lowry/Jaric
Mayo/Crittenton/Buckner
Gay/Warrick/Walker
Warrick/Milicic/Arthur
Gasol/Milicic/Ehdadi
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:30 AM   #38
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It has to be said, that we have some great size in the front court now.

Darko - 7'
Gasol - 7'1
Haddadi - 7'2

Arthur - 6'10
Warrick - 6'9

Gay - 6'9

Compared to previous years, we have some serious height going on here.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:46 AM   #39
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
It has to be said, that we have some great size in the front court now.

Darko - 7'
Gasol - 7'1
Haddadi - 7'2

Arthur - 6'10
Warrick - 6'9

Gay - 6'9

Compared to previous years, we have some serious height going on here.

Yup. We are really big this year. Now iavaroni really has to adapt his style, because we can no longer run a lot with those 3 in the paint.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:49 AM   #40
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Agreed. Though I think we should still run when we get the chance, there's no point in having the young athletic players and then wasting them. Though Iavaroni should really get a system going now, including set plays for the big guys, because otherwise they might be rendered useless.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:56 AM   #41
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
Agreed. Though I think we should still run when we get the chance, there's no point in having the young athletic players and then wasting them. Though Iavaroni should really get a system going now, including set plays for the big guys, because otherwise they might be rendered useless.

Exactly. We should rund when we get the chance, mainly if we have Warrick or Arthur in the court, because these guys can really run the court. But we have to run with some sense, based on a defensive effort, not just run for the shake of running.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:09 AM   #42
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

I agree. Last year it seemed that the players were trying to run even against 4 or 5 guys and it just wasn't working. They need to have some kind of set offense they can have to fall back on, incase they can't run. Last year, it seemed that if they couldn't run, they just passed the ball around the arc until one of them chucked up a shot.

Having Darko, Gasol and Haddadi gives us some huge size and solid interior defense. All guys are solid rebounders and solid shot blockers. Darko will need to learn to be able to contain himself on offense, he seems to get a little bit too excited. Gasol already has a nice foundation for offense, hopefully Iavaroni can help him refine those skills. I don't know much about Haddadi, but I don't suspect he will be the best offensive player.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:14 AM   #43
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
IHaving Darko, Gasol and Haddadi gives us some huge size and solid interior defense. All guys are solid rebounders and solid shot blockers. Darko will need to learn to be able to contain himself on offense, he seems to get a little bit too excited. Gasol already has a nice foundation for offense, hopefully Iavaroni can help him refine those skills. I don't know much about Haddadi, but I don't suspect he will be the best offensive player.
Haddadi has a nice shot, he could end up being the best scorer of the three if he is able to use his big body.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:17 AM   #44
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

I know he averaged about 16 points in the olympic games, but does he have a nice set of moves? Baby hooks, 15 foot jumper, et cetera.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:35 AM   #45
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Check out this, there are at least a couple of videos of him, i don't have access to youtube at work so I can't comment really.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96596

The few times I've seen him, I saw he has a soft hand with some range.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: