Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 08-21-2008, 11:06 AM   #1
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation
Default Jose Calderon Injures Leg

Jose Calderon says he is fine but will still undergo a precautionary magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan later Thursday for his strained adductor muscle. Toronto Raptors president and general manager Bryan Colangelo said he spoke with Calderon, who plays for Spain in the Olympic men's basketball tournament, Wednesday night. The Raptors point guard told Colangelo that his strained muscle, located in the thigh, felt fine and that his NBA employer should not be worried.

Calderon suffered his injury late in the third quarter of Spain's 72-59 victory over Croatia in a quarterfinal game on Wednesday. He immediately went to the bench and did not return.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...wcalderon0821/
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 11:10 AM   #2
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Jose Calderon Injures Leg

Hope it isn't anything serious..
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:01 PM   #3
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

A strained muscle isnt too bad. its when the muscle is torn you need to worry. A strain just needs time to heal.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:35 PM   #4
Parps
I hit open 5-footers

Parps is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I hope its not like Garbo telling the Raps he was ok.....
Parps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:27 PM   #5
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parps
I hope its not like Garbo telling the Raps he was ok.....
so do I.. and especially in the position where in now. If Calderon goes down, we're screwed.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:35 PM   #6
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

2 of the top 3 Raptors players still in the Olympics... ugh.

I don't care who wins, just make it through without any more injuries.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 03:24 PM   #7
The_Night_Elf
My Game's Nucking Futs

The_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat cool

We need Mr. Myagi from Karate Kid to do that healing thingy he does...

Myagi Know Karate!
The_Night_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 03:28 PM   #8
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
2 of the top 3 Raptors players still in the Olympics... ugh.

I don't care who wins, just make it through without any more injuries.

Jose should just drop out if Spain reaches the final cause they'll lose to the USA team anyways and their is no point in even playing and if he gets injured long term that could mean its time to go back to lottery picking for the Raptors.
wow now our top three players have had leg injuries now

Last edited by kmart : 08-21-2008 at 03:33 PM.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:09 PM   #9
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona

T.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
Jose should just drop out if Spain reaches the final cause they'll lose to the USA team anyways and their is no point in even playing and if he gets injured long term that could mean its time to go back to lottery picking for the Raptors.
wow now our top three players have had leg injuries now

He's to proud to let a small injury hold him back, specially in the final...just hope this doesn't become something major or reoccurring...
T.O.RAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:42 AM   #10
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Listening to Doug Collins it sounds like Jose is doubtful for the finals.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:20 PM   #11
Parps
I hit open 5-footers

Parps is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk

Not sure how to feel about that news.....

The Good: It won't get any worse.

The Bad: It's gotta be bad if he's missing the Olympic Gold medal game...right?
Parps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:44 PM   #12
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
That's good to hear.

Too bad for him but great for all us Raptors fans. Unless you really want Spain to win I guess. I just don't care.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:58 PM   #13
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

damn, i hope it isnt too major, i dont think it will be though.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 03:52 PM   #14
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

I'm not liking what I'm hearing.

A tear in his groin was what I have heard.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:03 PM   #15
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Olympics: Jose Calderon injured, and out
Posted: August 22, 2008, 7:18 AM by Bruce Arthur
Basketball, Olympics, NBA
Jose Calderon has a partial tear of his right adductor and may miss the rest of the 2008 Olympics.

The Toronto Raptors point guard, playing for Spain, injured his groin in the quarter-final against Croatia, and underwent an MRI last night in Beijing. It revealed the tear, though not its severity, and Calderon was held out of Friday night's semi-final against Lithuania as a precaution.

The Raptors are in the process of doing its own due diligence on the severity of the injury. General manager Bryan Colangelo, who is here in China, are watching the situation very closely, given their history with the Spanish basketball federation. Former Raptor Jorge Garbajosa refused a second surgery on his broken leg in 2007 in order to play for Spain in the European championships, and only played seven more games for Toronto before undergoing a second procedure, and eventually being bought out.

Toronto filed suit against the federation over the insurance of Garbajosa's contract, and settled the issue out of court.

this is not good at all.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: