Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 08-21-2008, 12:34 PM   #1
BBallGuru08
I brick open layups

BBallGuru08 has an OK reputation so far
Default Look For A Trade Before The Deadline

The Warriors' payroll is at about $70M right now which is around $1.5M under the luxury tax which means that they'll have to shed salary to avoid it next season. The prime candidate is Al Harrington who can generate interest in the league. With many writers calling this a rebuilding process, I wouldn't expect the Warriors to make a playoff run anytime soon so shedding that extra money would be helpful in a much deeper free agent pool next Summer and in 2010.

This would be the ideal trade:

Send Harrington, Jackson and the rights to Perovic to the Cavaliers for the expiring contract of Wally Sczerbiak, Aleksander Pavlovic and Anderson Varejao along with a future 1st round pick. Harrington and Jackson are two players that they need, especially if they want to win a championship. Williams, Jackson, James, Harrington and Z would make a great line up and James gets some players that can help take the pressure off of him. Wally World's $13M contract expires at the end of the season and is also a guy that can play in Nellie's system. Could be a nice guy to have off the bench.

Line up:

PG Ellis - Williams - Watson
SG Azubuike - Belinelli
SF Maggette - Sczerbiak - Randolph
PF Wright - Turiaf
C Biedrins - Varejao

Of course, this is the best case scenario, but knowing Mullin, they won't get such players in return.
BBallGuru08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:16 PM   #2
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Look For A Trade Before The Deadline

I actually like that lineup. It really does seem like the Warriors are going into rebuilding mode. I think the Warriors should trade SJ1 and Al Harrington. SJ1 is 30 and Al is 28 and they probably want to go to a contender while their still in their prime.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:15 PM   #3
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

not gonna happen maybe AL will get traded but not Capt Jack nobody would want him plus he fits with in with the warriors and i dont beleive this is a rebuilding season atleast not as much as everyone is saying
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:35 PM   #4
BBallGuru08
I brick open layups

BBallGuru08 has an OK reputation so far

To me, this is definitely the beginning of a rebuilding process. In 2 years, this team team lost it's two best players in Davis and Richardson. What did they get in return? Zilch for Davis and Brandan Wright, who still isn't ready to contribute. They put the team in the hands of a 23 year old (Ellis) who is slated to play the point guard spot which he clearly has had troubles with in the past. Good ball handlers get better but will never become a great ball handler. Point guards like Davis, Kidd and Nash all were terrific ball handlers in college. I don't think I can name one player that was drafted as a mediocre ball handler to become a great one in the league in the modern era of basketball. Look at Jason Richardson before and now. In 7 years, his ball handling skills went from terrible to average. The odds are against Ellis succeeding as a point guard in the league and he's better served as an undersized 2 guard. Either way, $11M is a tad bit overpaying him and its something that will haunt them in a few years.
BBallGuru08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:50 PM   #5
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallGuru08
I don't think I can name one player that was drafted as a mediocre ball handler to become a great one in the league in the modern era of basketball.

Chauncey Billups.

He was just average as a rookie and the first 4-5 years in the league. But still mainly known around as a scorer out of college. He was always classified as an undersized 2 guard. But when he went to Detroit he became a better playmaker while getting even better with his scoring ability. He never averaged 10+ assists like Nash or Kidd, but he was considered competent with 5-8 APG, as well as learning how to keep his turnovers low.

Maybe Ellis may develop as a better ball handler with more competent players around him. Once they move SJ and Harrington they can possibly afford to bring in a guy like Amare in 2010.

Last edited by beasted86 : 08-26-2008 at 11:01 PM.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: