Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-04-2006, 02:42 AM   #31
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

I'll have to upload pics of some of the stuff I bought, too. Anyone a fan of the Kenshin series? I bought a reverse samurai sword like the one he uses in the TV show. $30. Stainless steel. Even if it's unusable as a weapon that's still a good price. And still, it'd hurt like a mother to get whacked with it.

Quote:
now that's just sad.

Actually there was quite a few families that went. Some families that dressed up together. I got a pic of a mother/daughter combo that I didn't upload yet.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 03:00 AM   #32
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool

Is the guy in the afro supposed to be Lupin? Hilariously good

Who did you go as, Reppy?
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 03:11 AM   #33
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Is the guy in the afro supposed to be Lupin? Hilariously good

Naw that guy is Nabeshin from Excel Saga. It's a really weird anime that's kind of like.. a parody of almost every other anime out there. I wouldn't be surprised if he was based off of a similar character though. The main "bad guy" and Excel's boss is also this guy that looks an awful lot like Kagato from Tenchi Muyo.

Quote:
Who did you go as, Reppy?

Nobody. I'm lame. Maybe next year, though.

Maybe I'll crop a picture of myself from one of the pics to prove I went as myself since I assume there'll be a few that say I went as Sailor Moon or something. =P

Edit:

Quote:
Nabeshin is the coolest guy in the show, and possibly in all of anime. With a Lupin-esque wardrobe that borders on copyright infringement, Nabeshin is always poking his head in to perform some impossible task or otherwise repay some unknown debt to a friend, without ever really explaining why. He's just there. And he's just cool. And he's got a mighty afro that gives Batman's utility belt a run for its money!

And Nabeshin isn't just a character in the series, he's the actual director (Watanabe Shinichi)!

Jacked that description from some website. If you've never seen Excel Saga you should check it out. And if you do, ... you might want to consider selecting the subtitle option that doesn't have all the little extras that explain everything. There's so many parodies and Japanese jokes/references/puns that it has to explain that it clutters the screen sometimes.

Last edited by reppy : 09-04-2006 at 03:37 AM.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:52 AM   #34
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters

Young HkM is considered somewhat coolYoung HkM is considered somewhat cool

Reppy you said you lived in Seattle right? Where do they have the anime coventions around here? For the record, I'm not trying to go to one; just curious.
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 04:00 AM   #35
reppy
Apparently likes anime

Naw I live in SW Washington.. about a 2-3 hr drive from Seattle. (I can get to Portland in 30 minutes or so.)

There's an anime convention in Washington called Sakura-con. It's one of the bigger ones. They have it around April, I believe. Never been to that one but I'd love to go. But I'd have to reserve hotel rooms and stuff. It'd be worth it though.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:51 PM   #36
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Weird.

Did you at least hook up with one of those girls?
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 06:49 PM   #37
reppy
Apparently likes anime

I'm sure I could have gotten a massive list of phone #s but I doubt my girlfriend would be too pleased about that. =P
Old 09-05-2006, 02:37 AM   #38
AKA AAP
Banned

AKA AAP has no real reputation yet.

I have absolutely no comment about this thread, other than saying I have no comment...
AKA AAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:44 AM   #39
reppy
Apparently likes anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA AAP
I have absolutely no comment about this thread, other than saying I have no comment...

I refuse to respond to this with a reponse.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: