Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Bobcats Forum

Charlotte Bobcats Forum Charlotte Bobcats message board - charlotte bobcats fan forum

Old 06-10-2006, 06:00 PM   #46
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
He fits well with the suns-style plan that BC has. Mo Pete is Toronto's best scorer in transition.

I agree, which is why I'm sure Bryan Colangelo is ready and waiting to give Peterson a contract. It's basically up to Peterson whether or not he wants to stay long-term, and judging by the way he talks about the organization, I would say he will sign a contract. Either way, the teams focus should be on making sure Chris Bosh stays a Raptor for a very long time.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:04 PM   #47
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Brevin and pick for E.Williams and pick. Swap first rounders.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:09 PM   #48
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Brevin and pick for E.Williams and pick. Swap first rounders.

From Toronto's Point of View, if LaMarcus Aldridge isn't the guy they want, then I would definatley do this trade, because that means they covet something other then a center which will definately be available at the 3rd overall pick. Getting a point guard like Brevin Knight would be a huge addition to the team, and would signal the end of Mike James. As well, getting rid of Eric Williams would also be a plus because he simply seems like he doesn't want to be here.

Now the question is would the Bobcats do it? I'm a Raptors fan, so it's harder for me to look at it from there spectrum. It all depends on who they want in the draft. The reports say they like Adam Morrison and Rudy Gay, with Chicago seemingly locked into Tyrus Thomas, what's the motivation to move up when you know atleast one of either Gay or Morrison are guarenteed to be there despite what Toronto does. Is moving up worthwhile in order to secure the player you like more between Gay and Morrison? I'm not sure they think it is, but if they do, then a trade like this may very well go down.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:11 PM   #49
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

they should want aldridge cause may is a piece of crap.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:15 PM   #50
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
they should want aldridge cause may is a piece of crap.

I think they still may be in the mindset that they are just going to draft the best talent available, and I am guessing that they believe that is Adam Morrison or Rudy Gay. A pick of Morrison or Gay would give them that scoring wing that they really don't have outside of Gerald Wallace.

It is very hard to speculate at these types of things, because teams will play shadow games producing false reports of whom they covet, and it throws everything off.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:20 PM   #51
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

I see no reason for charlotte to trade up. Everything points to them picking a SF if you ask me

-PG is sound
-C and PF are much better than SF with okafor and friends

Can wallace play the 2? He'd have to.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:28 PM   #52
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
I see no reason for charlotte to trade up. Everything points to them picking a SF if you ask me

-PG is sound
-C and PF are much better than SF with okafor and friends

Can wallace play the 2? He'd have to.

I see them deciding to take a small forward as well, but they may want to move up because they covet one of the two small forwards available in the top five more then the other. They may just be saying that we like Gay and Morrison, when internally they covet Rudy Gay alot more and are willing to move to #1 in order to make sure that the Toronto Raptors do not take him.

It's very hard to say whom likes whom because the GMs keep it so quiet. You can only judge by looking at who works out with what team, and what you feel is each teams weakness. Noone will know until draft day.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:43 PM   #53
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

If I was a charlotte fan, I would run the risk of getting the preferable player (whether it be gay or professor moriarty) rather than trading away an asset to get the first.

Edit: changed wouldn't to would, totally sent the wrong message

Last edited by Bourne : 06-10-2006 at 11:22 PM.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:53 PM   #54
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
If I was a charlotte fan, I wouldn't run the risk of getting the preferable player (whether it be gay or professor moriarty) rather than trading away an asset to get the first.

I'm just trying to play a bit of the Devil's Advocate even though I can't really say what the Bobcats are really thinking about their team. It would be nice if we had more Bobcat fans on the forum then KD. In checking the statistics, Brevin Knight got 34 minutes a game last year, while Felton got 30 minutes a game.

Felton played the off guard, but as a fan of the team, you probably want Felton starting at point guard, and with trading Knight, you can get the #1 pick and pick the small forward of your choice. With that, you basically get all your future starters in their natural positions and they all gain experience with each other. Fans may want to see:

PG - Raymond Felton
SG - Gerald Wallace
SF - Rudy Gay
PF - Emeka Okafor
CT - Primoz Brezec

That could be a very good team in a few years, I'm not exactly sure whether or not the Bobcats would still feel it's worth the risk of moving up though. As a Raptors fan, I hope they do feel it's worth the risk because it means that the Raptors get a point guard who averaged 13 points and 9 assists in starters minutes last year, something we desperately need.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:55 PM   #55
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

I'd be thrilled if that happened, but, as we both agree, knight will only be a temporary solution to the PG problem. A franchise PG will still be sought after.

Marcus Banks or Marcus Williams are the only 2 "franchise" point guards I see right now.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:59 PM   #56
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
I'd be thrilled if that happened, but, as we both agree, knight will only be a temporary solution to the PG problem. A franchise PG will still be sought after.

Marcus Banks or Marcus Williams are the only 2 "franchise" point guards I see right now.

The thing is, if Colangelo doesn't feel that a franchise point guard is available in this draft, then it allows him to wait a year or two until he feels like he sees a point guard that he likes and can become the franchise point guard. Until that point we can run a point guard rotation of Brevin Knight starting, Jose Calderon backing him up, and Andre Barrett playing in the garbage minutes.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:07 PM   #57
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

If the raptors made that trade (bobcats would never even offer it heh) then they could still draft alrdidge at 3. Thats assuming the thomas-chicago love affair is strong.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:12 PM   #58
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
If the raptors made that trade (bobcats would never even offer it heh) then they could still draft alrdidge at 3. Thats assuming the thomas-chicago love affair is strong.

I think the love affair may change in LaMarcus Aldridge is there, it depends whom they have rated higher, but I just can't see them not taking Aldridge over Thomas just because of his size and ability. Then again, I'm not the Chicago Bulls, but I think they really need a center, and Aldridge is as good as they come in this draft as far as the center position goes.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:17 PM   #59
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

I was going to include in my post whether or not chicago was consigned* to favouring thomas because consensus thought said toronto was taking aldridge.

*The reason I didn't was because I was unsure of whether or not "consigned" was a word To me, to be "consigned" means to have to do something because something else happened. Silly I know.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:57 PM   #60
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

Quote:
If I was a charlotte fan, I wouldn't run the risk of getting the preferable player (whether it be gay or professor moriarty) rather than trading away an asset to get the first.

I hear you but if we trade for the first we're taking Aldridge. Bernie has shown that he loves big long athletic players and Aldridge fits that profiles. Plus he's shows that you can never have enough bigs. So if you want Andrea Barganni than that Brevin and pick #3 for E Will and pick #1 works, but if you want Aldridge think again.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: