Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 06-11-2006, 03:34 PM   #76
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

you can doubt his abilities all you want, fact is he's better than anything the raps have thus would be an instant improvement. he's no jason kidd but he is underrated.
JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 03:36 PM   #77
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

I know he is a great passer and leader etc, I'm talking about his defensive abilities. I know he gets lots of steals, but form what I've seen of him, he does not have the body to play good man-to-man defense. Does he?

Mo Pete is a better defender that brevin knight no matter what you say, btw.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 03:37 PM   #78
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

mopete is moaverage. when is he going to rise to the occasion? i've been hearing good things about this kid for years. why is he an enigma?
JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 03:47 PM   #79
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

If your expecting a point guard to change your team into a defensive juggernaut than your more of a dumbass than I thought. Defensively I'd say he's average though. He's small so he can be posted, but most points really don't have post games anyway. He can be shot over by the bigger points though, but his feet and hands are quick enough that he's pesky to everybody and can can stay in front of even teh fastest points in the league.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 03:57 PM   #80
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanPippenRodman
mopete is moaverage. when is he going to rise to the occasion? i've been hearing good things about this kid for years. why is he an enigma?

Because he was a late 1st rounder and was never projected or called a star by any reasonable person.

He probably just had his best year though and is the one good and tough defensive player the Raptors have. He's a perfect 3rd or 4th scoring option who plays hard, doesn't complain, contributes and is in the prime of his career.

I like Brevin Knight a lot and was hoping the Raptors would pursue him but not for Mo Pete. Wouldn't mind seeing Joey Graham get dealt though, especially if the Raptors are thinking of drafting a real 2-guard or a 3.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:11 PM   #81
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I like Brevin Knight a lot and was hoping the Raptors would pursue him but not for Mo Pete. Wouldn't mind seeing Joey Graham get dealt though, especially if the Raptors are thinking of drafting a real 2-guard or a 3.

I'm obviously not the GM of the Cats but I'd probably do that deal if you don't try to throw in Alvin Williams' garbage contract. I would consider it with Eric and would do it if you all would just agree to take the surplus salary and send Graham by himself since we're both under the cap come July 1.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:20 PM   #82
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS KD
If your expecting a point guard to change your team into a defensive juggernaut than your more of a dumbass than I thought. Defensively I'd say he's average though. He's small so he can be posted, but most points really don't have post games anyway. He can be shot over by the bigger points though, but his feet and hands are quick enough that he's pesky to everybody and can can stay in front of even teh fastest points in the league.

Who is expecting that? Are you referring to me? Guess not, because I am the one doubting his defensive abilities.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:24 PM   #83
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
Who is expecting that? Are you referring to me? Guess not, because I am the one doubting his defensive abilities.

Yes I am referring to you. As I said Knight is a good defender, just look at this profile from an ISH competitor.

" Plays under control and makes good decisions... Great quickness... Excellent defender on the ball... Hard to see him missing that 18-foot shot... Not a threat from beyond the arc... Undersized... Injury prone."

He's basically known league wide as a very pesky high energy defender and thats part of the reason why he hurts himself on a seasonal basis. Plain and simple, Brevin is a warrior.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:27 PM   #84
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
I'm obviously not the GM of the Cats but I'd probably do that deal if you don't try to throw in Alvin Williams' garbage contract.

I don't think there's any way the Raptors can pawn off Alvin Williams on the Bobcats, there's no way that happens so don't worry.

I would like Brevin Knight on the Raptors though without Mo Pete leaving though. I just don't see too much potential in Joey Graham as a starter in this league. He might become a decent bench player but if the Raptors are impressed by eitehr Roy or Gay then that makes Joey very expendable.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:32 PM   #85
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Quote:
If your expecting a point guard to change your team into a defensive juggernaut than your more of a dumbass than I thought

Did you honestly read my posts or did you make a huge assumption? When the HELL did I say that?

If you read my posts, you would see that beyond brevins ability to get a few steals, I doubt his defensive capabilities. A lot.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: