Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-10-2006, 10:32 AM   #1
stoopidraptor
Kids at the park dunk on me

stoopidraptor has an OK reputation so far
Cool Charlie V Traded..

C'mon...why would our GM trade a guy who is in his rookie contract - okay...Hoffa's gone...but try comparing Hoffa's potential to Charlies'..... Think about it...Charlie may be the next big thing... he's fast for Power Forwards..has skills around the basket... can shoot the 3, makes an attempt to rebound...and block shots...I mean...if I trade him, I better be getting a Star in return...he's young, athletic and is getting paid peanuts...we have got to look long term...if we are going with the run and gun style...we need a Charlie V... think about it, who's going to run with Bosh and Mo Pete...at least you have Charlie V...that would be great...now if only we could get Brevin Knight or maybe even sign Mike James back...that would be too cruel for other teams...not forgetting we still have the #1 pick to either get the guy we want or trade it for something valuable to the team...
Cheers..
stoopidraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 10:47 AM   #2
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

your thread title got me to think Charlie V was actually traded.

GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:25 PM   #3
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Yeahh You shouldn't name the threads like this, gets people too worked up haha.. everybody seems to be totally for trading him or totally against, there doesn't seem to be any middle ground.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:50 PM   #4
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

the guy... posts... like... brwnman... ...

Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:55 PM   #5
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

its not me... honestly that ain't me... I like Charlie V, wouldn't make a ridiculous thread name like that... but hey, thats my sig :P...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:07 PM   #6
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Attempt to avoid misleading thread titles in the future, you are setting yourself for huge flaming, and the point of your post will not be discussed, because people will be discussing how you mislead them with the title. A good example of this would be this thread, as noone has really discussed Charlie Villaneuva at all.

I will address it, Charlie Villaneuva should not be traded unless we get something fantastic for him, or fill a major need with a talented player. He will fit great with the team if he ever develops a defensive presence, which at this point seems doubtful, but he is young.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:26 PM   #7
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I think there are trades out there that make us better by getting rid of Charlie V, I just haven't seen one yet, and can't think of a possibility, other than Charlie for Magloire and Mo, then draft Morrison or Gay with #1.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: