Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 06-04-2006, 03:20 AM   #46
Celts34
Kiss my converse!!!

Celts34 has an OK reputation so far

I love Dirk but the ultimate match-up problem in the league is always will be Shaq until the day he retires. There ain't no way Erika Dampier and Diop are going to slow down Shaq. And I love the Mavs swingmen but I don't think they have a defender that can hope to stay with Wade.

Heat in 6.

Last edited by Celts34 : 06-04-2006 at 03:23 AM.
Celts34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 03:27 AM   #47
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

this has to be the only final in along time where there is no clear favorite.

Quote:
The playoffs have proved that Dwyane Wade and LeBron James are INARGUABLY the two best perimeter players in the league.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 03:28 AM   #48
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepStich
Mavs in 6...I'm worried about who can stop Shaq; I'm not sure Dampiere or Diop are up to it...
do it the larry brown way. stop his team mates instead.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 04:51 AM   #49
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm hoping the Mavs win. If Phoenix won then I would have been going for Miami though.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 05:39 AM   #50
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
this has to be the only final in along time where there is no clear favorite.

Agreed. Too many intangibles...
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 06:04 AM   #51
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMcNasty
Who do you think will primarily guard Wade in the Finals?

Adrian Griffin or Josh Howard? Or other?
I would start Griffin on him, and switch off with a combo of Howard and Daniels.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 06:21 AM   #52
nandorafeal
Can barely lace up my sneakers

nandorafeal has an OK reputation so far
Default Its been a long time coming, but it came!

:) I'm happy. Here in Germany, I have to wait until the next morning to get US results, the Mavs showing substance, defense, and heart, is like waking up to Christmas morning.

I'm happy.
nandorafeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 06:42 AM   #53
Spiderman08 24
Banned

Spiderman08 24 has not been impressing people

Go Mavs!!!

I think Heat will win because they have 2 stars and better role players but everything is possible.

Go Dirk!! Go Mavs!!
Spiderman08 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 06:46 AM   #54
bigballer
Can barely lace up my sneakers

bigballer has decent reputation
Default Cancers will get a ring either way

I don't really mind who wins the chip. For me it's about balancing the fact that i would like to see Dirk get a ring, but don't want to see Cuban's smug, smirking arrogance if they take it.

On the other hand I want to see Wade win it, but nt Zo or Shaq particularly, again because they are so arrogant (probably rightfully)

But either way it is strange to think players labelled as cancers will win a ring no matter who wins. On one side- Stackhouse and KVH and on the other Toine and Jwill. Who would have thought they would get a ring a few years ago?
bigballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:24 AM   #55
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Mavs in 6.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:38 AM   #56
Prezwoodz
Kids at the park dunk on me

Prezwoodz has an OK reputation so far

I think Mavs have an advantage. At least one game where shaq will be in early foul trouble.
Prezwoodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:48 AM   #57
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

18 fouls between DJ Mbenga, Sagana Swat, and the best center in the WNBA will help against Shaq.

I'm cheering for the Heat, hope it goes to atleast 6 games.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:52 AM   #58
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re:

Will the lack of Finals experience for most players except Shaq and Payton and KVH tip the balance of favor toward the Heat? (remember KVH choked in the Finals against... SHAQ'S LAKERS)
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:53 AM   #59
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re:

Mbenga is suspended for... i think 5 games.

meaning he is available at the earliest for Game 5.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:08 AM   #60
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
Man finals without the lakers actually mean something to me. Though I guess the passion is fueled by the desire to see shaq fail :\

i still dont understand why Laker fans want Shaq to fail. the guy was the key piece in getting you 3 titles and all of a sudden he's Hitler because he leaves. i dont get it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: