Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 08-25-2008, 05:12 PM   #1
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Ben Gordon Trade Idea...

Ben Gordon for Brad Miller... straight up sign and trade deal. Miller makes 11.3 million for the next 2 seasons.

Benefits: Give bulls the quality post player they need, as well as an expiring contract for 2010 so they can still make the rumored play for Wade. Gives Sacramento a solid scorer they can build around working alongside Kevin Martin, and lets them fully develop the rookie draft pick Jason Thompson.

Here were Millers stats for last year. PPG: 13.4 , RPG 9.5 , BPG 1 , 3.7 AST
out of 34 minutes a game and playing 72/82 games.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:13 PM   #2
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation
Default Re: Ben Gordon Trade Idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
Ben Gordon for Brad Miller... straight up sign and trade deal. Miller makes 11.3 million for the next 2 seasons.

Benefits: Give bulls the quality post player they need, as well as an expiring contract for 2010 so they can still make the rumored play for Wade. Gives Sacramento a solid scorer they can build around working alongside Kevin Martin, and lets them fully develop the rookie draft pick Jason Thompson.

Explain how this makes since for the bulls seeing Gooden averaged 14.7ppg and 9.3 rpg in less than half a season. O yeah and he makes 6 mill. The last thing they need is another overpaid player.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:22 PM   #3
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I do not want to see Brad Miller in a Bulls uniform ever again. We do not need HIM right now. Miller would not make this current team any better. I'd rather the Bulls get nothing for Gordon than to go after Miller through a sign and trade.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:44 PM   #4
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Reason I suggested this is because Miller is really a solid Center on a very weak team, and the Kings are looking to move him. He is still a good passer, and gives you the 7'0" body this team needs at center. He would be the starting Center not PF. Goodens numbers have no relation unless your combining them with Miller's.

Ben Gordon is gone unless they offer him close to the 12 mill he wants. If the bulls sign Gordon to any type of contract and keep him, they can forget Dwayne Wade or any other star player in 2010.

On paper... this depth chart is a playoff team:
PG. Rose / Hinrich
SG. Hughes / Sefolosha
SF. Deng / Nocioni
PF. Gooden / Thomas
C. Miller / Noah

No need to flame... its just an idea. The Bulls need a sign and trade for Gordon, and I thought this one seemed feasible for the short term, and also gives them flexibility in the "Summer of Lebron" to go after Wade or Nowitzki or Amare, etc.

Last edited by beasted86 : 08-25-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:13 AM   #5
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

Maybe if they include Garcia or Salmons or draft pick
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:43 AM   #6
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

why why why?? Brad Miller sucks... he is in decline... just let Gordon walk...save the $ for a true superstar
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:32 AM   #7
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Ben Gordon Trade Idea...

If any team wanted Ben Gordon, they would have spoken up by now. He will just walk, probably play a year in Europe (if anybody over there wants him), then come back next year and try for a Rashard Lewis contract. Once that doesn't happen, I can see him crawling back to the Bulls begging for another chance, with Paxson giving him the royal F-you. On a side note, wouldn't it be great if Gordon couldn't even get a job in Europe? Just sits out a year with his agents telling him he's worth even more because he is now a year older, then putting him through workouts against a chair (Yi style) and signing a contract for the league minimum with the T-Wolves to get stuck on a losing team for a while. Anyway...

I don't think this trade is a good idea. If we make this trade, it puts us over the luxury tax threshhold, and we know Paxson doesn't want to go there. Also, our interior defense is only decent right now, and if you add 30 minutes/game of Miller, it gets worse. I am just fine sticking with what we have now.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:06 PM   #8
drwax26
High School Starter

I think BG will come to his senses and sign for 10mill a yr especially if he is a smart business man. Bulls need BG and BG needs bulls at this point.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:05 PM   #9
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
I think BG will come to his senses and sign for 10mill a yr especially if he is a smart business man. Bulls need BG and BG needs bulls at this point.

Ben Gordon doesn't need the bulls. I really think he would actually settle for the 10 mill/year... but not from Chicago. It would have to be another team. He would actually do that just to smite them if it wasn't for him being restricted.

Here's another trade idea. Chris Wilcox and Desmond Mason for Ben Gordon.
You can't deny the potential of Wilcox on the Bulls (same age as Gordon). And Mason is a solid athletic combo guard. Both contracts expire next year.

OKC gets the young combo of Gordon and Durant to build around.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:52 PM   #10
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Ben Gordon doesn't need the bulls. I really think he would actually settle for the 10 mill/year... but not from Chicago.

Really? Ben doesn't need the Bulls? It's not that I don't doubt that some other teams would like to have Ben, but how many teams really want him at his current asking price?

Going once...Going twice....going insane?

I think Ben is going insane in the membrane if he doesn't lower his asking price very soon. And just for the record...do you have any insider information to explain why you believe Ben will sign for less with another team?

Oh and I need to mention...Ben Gordon needing a ****ing job next summer is not a good explanation. But hey, other than that, feel free to fill me in with all the Gordon gossip.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:53 AM   #11
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Ben Gordon Trade Idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
Oh and I need to mention...Ben Gordon needing a ****ing job next summer is not a good explanation. But hey, other than that, feel free to fill me in with all the Gordon gossip.

He could retire and become an agent. He would be the Scott Boras of the NBA! You know how much we have always wanted one of those.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:42 PM   #12
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
But hey, other than that, feel free to fill me in with all the Gordon gossip.

When a guy comes out 7 weeks before training camp is even scheduled to start and says:

"I guess it's safe to say I've played my last game in a Bulls uniform"

I think his days with the team are truly over. That means he's not folding in no matter what. Also coupled with:

"It's a numbers game. Last season at the trade deadline, they brought in more guards and I saw my minutes drop and didn't understand why. This year, the problem's still the same. I don't see it getting better, so maybe it'll be a better situation for me personally somewhere else."

So get out of your silly little head that he's going to come back to Chicago for the 10 million. Its just plain not going to happen. At only 25 yrs old, he plain doesn't need the Bulls. He needs more money. This is also what leads me to believe he would take less money if he knows he would be in the starting lineup.

Last edited by beasted86 : 08-27-2008 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:12 PM   #13
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
When a guy comes out 7 weeks before training camp is even scheduled to start and says:

I think his days with the team are truly over. That means he's not folding in no matter what. Also coupled with:

"It's a numbers game. Last season at the trade deadline, they brought in more guards and I saw my minutes drop and didn't understand why. This year, the problem's still the same. I don't see it getting better, so maybe it'll be a better situation for me personally somewhere else."

So get out of your silly little head that he's going to come back to Chicago for the 10 million. Its just plain not going to happen. At only 25 yrs old, he plain doesn't need the Bulls. He needs more money. This is also what leads me to believe he would take less money if he knows he would be in the starting lineup.

Yeah he most likely wont come back and he made some strong statements. He needs the bulls for the most amount of money I guarantee you that. If other teams see he is rejecting 10mil a yr do u really think they r gonna offer the same or more. Right now BG is at a disadvantage because no one is offering him anything besides the bulls. The only place he can make more is Europe. The only way he would take less than 10mil is if he is on a championship contending team which is unlikely.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:01 PM   #14
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Translation; Damn. I thought I could punk these guys but it seems like the Bulls are getting smart just as I try to get my contract. Do I have the worst luck or what?

Translation; I think the Bulls started to figure it out that I am not the answer to all their scoring problems. It's not like anybody really likes Larry Hughes or anything, it's just that he can handle the ball a bit better, maybe make some effort on defense, and score a few buckets too. I can't believe the Bulls would even consider something like that but I guess times change. Oh, woe is me.

So get out of your silly little head that he's going to come back to Chicago for the 10 million. Its just plain not going to happen. At only 25 yrs old, he plain doesn't need the Bulls. He needs more money. This is also what leads me to believe he would take less money if he knows he would be in the starting lineup.[/quote]

I don't believe I ever said I wanted Ben to come back to the Bulls for ten million a year. As far as I am concerned he should stop talking and start moving before the door hits him in the ass.

BTW, are you Ben Gordon's agent, or are you just some silly little guy with a Miami Heat avatar that is way too excited about Ben?
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:16 PM   #15
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
Yeah he most likely wont come back and he made some strong statements. He needs the bulls for the most amount of money I guarantee you that. If other teams see he is rejecting 10mil a yr do u really think they r gonna offer the same or more. Right now BG is at a disadvantage because no one is offering him anything besides the bulls. The only place he can make more is Europe. The only way he would take less than 10mil is if he is on a championship contending team which is unlikely.

Nobody is making any offers because whats the sense in doing the Bulls the favor of negotiating. This is the disadvantage (player wise) about restricted free agency. Why should he take less money when we all know this is pretty much his last chance to get a big contract? After a 5 year contract he will be 30 years old. I dont think he's worth 12 mill, but then again, its not me seeing my minutes drop, and me playing off the bench instead of starting, and me still leading the team in scoring.

Its as simple as this, he couldn't sign for less with another team if he wanted to. And as we all know, the Bulls will hold his rights forever even if he went to Europe for a year. This is the stale mate of restriced free agents in the NBA.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: