Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-25-2008, 11:46 PM   #16
MrEncinas
Local High School Star

MrEncinas has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: WTF? Miami Heat putting up a Wade/Olympic banner? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
Wait.... are you saying that the Heat retired Michael Jordan`s jersey number? For why?
Riley felt he's contribution to the game was so huge that no one should ever wear his number again.
MrEncinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:57 PM   #17
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEncinas
Riley felt he's contribution to the game was so huge that no one should ever wear his number again.
Oh, I thought they were like claiming him as their own in some delusional way.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:03 AM   #18
BigJake™
I'm As Cold As Ice...

BigJake™ has decent reputationBigJake™ has decent reputation
Exclamation Re: WTF? Miami Heat putting up a Wade/Olympic banner? lol

Even if no other teams recognize their star players that were on that olympic squad, Dwanye Wade was the MVP of the olympics, Kobe was mvp of the last game however but that's another story for another day. Wade said it himself "I dont think any athlete has been so heavily discarded as quickly as I have, and I'm coming back to prove myself" people hate this guy so much and blame miami's horrible season on him..*ahem* excuse me? You had an aging shaq, a horrible lineup, and a coach who is willing to sacrafice the team's star by putting him on the floor before he properly healed from all previous and NEW injuries...you can't blame him for th TEAM's downfall ...Hi, meet logic ...he owns
BigJake™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:17 AM   #19
dr8ked
Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

dr8ked has decent reputation

Damn, even though it is not neccessary, i have to applaud miami heat for looking out for their fans after a dissapointing season last year.
dr8ked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:30 AM   #20
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They can hang our pacific banner next to it.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:35 AM   #21
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
They can hang our pacific banner next to it.

That thing is embarassing.
Quote:
Lakers fan: We got 3898 Finals Banners. How many have you got?

Kings fa: We got a Pacific Division Title, beyotch!

Lakers fan:...Thats what I thought.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:18 AM   #22
kidachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEncinas
I never understood why it bothers people that Riley did that. I think the NBA should retire Jordan's jersey league wide. Similar to what the NHL did with Wayne Gretzky.

Oh and I have no problem with the Olympic banner. Congrats to Wade.

hah, that's too much.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:22 AM   #23
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

This franchise is beginning to define the word tacky
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:24 AM   #24
ShamRockStar
High school junior varsity star

ShamRockStar has an OK reputation so far

some teams are not as blessed

ShamRockStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:46 AM   #25
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's just a promotional even to try and sell more season tickets.

Wade deserves the praise. He played out of his mind in China.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:49 AM   #26
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I also think the #23 should be retired across the entire NBA.

Not a huge deal, but seeing other people wearing #23 (even players as great as LBJ) just seems wrong.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:56 AM   #27
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStopMe
Oh wow. Jordan groupies taking it a bit far.

I'm not a Jordan groupie... obviously I respect him as the GOAT... but beyond that I have both past and present players I prefer to MJ.

It's not some crazy idea either. The NHL already did the same thing with Wayne Gretzky (the GOAT in Hockey).
Old 08-26-2008, 03:03 AM   #28
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStopMe
Well, for one, one is the goat and the other one is a fabricated goat by his obsessed fans.

Who do you think is the GOAT?
Old 08-26-2008, 03:13 AM   #29
ShamRockStar
High school junior varsity star

ShamRockStar has an OK reputation so far

Bill Russell should have his number retired as well I guess since he has enough rings for all his fingers and his manhood.
ShamRockStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 04:45 AM   #30
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

they are just desperate to hang more stuff on their ceilings.

but i don't really think this olympic gold medal is so precious. i mean, it's more of a "relief" that they won rather than a glorified victory.

the previous team usa was like a varsity team getting their butts kicked by minor jv teams (puerto rico blow out, etc.) so they finally win the gold back, but it's not a sensational "wow, oh my god, i can't believe they're so awesome!" feeling. it's more like "cool, they finally didn't f--k it up again this time."
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: