Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 08-26-2008, 12:47 PM   #1
snipes12
Dirk Madness

Default Could the pacers 2004 team reach the finals if the brawl ddint happend ?

tinsley
jackson
artest
JO
foster

off the reggie miller , jonathan bender ,
men 2004 line up is sick
snipes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:22 PM   #2
Haphazardly

Default Re: Could the pacers 2004 team reach the finals if the brawl ddint happend ?

I think Bender was injured that year, like every other year in the league.

But yes, I think not only would we have made the Finals, we would have had a good chance at winning the chip.

Foster
JO
Artest
Jax
Tinsley
---
Reggie Miller
Anthony Johnson
James Jones
Fred Jones
Austin Croshere
Scot Pollard
Dale Davis

Our starting 5 was in their prime, and our bench was deep at that time.

If only...
Old 08-27-2008, 12:07 PM   #3
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

Default Re: Could the pacers 2004 team reach the finals if the brawl ddint happend ?

Theres no doubt in my mind that this team would have won the championship...they were the most exciting team to watch at that time...they had some studs on this squad STUDS
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:39 PM   #4
Haphazardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBlaze
Theres no doubt in my mind that this team would have won the championship...they were the most exciting team to watch at that time...they had some studs on this squad STUDS
This post makes me wanna cry.

They would have won it.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:18 PM   #5
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

It was not just the brawl though the Pacers also had a lot of injuries that year. I think if you take away the injuries and the brawl then the Pacers had an excellent shot at the NBA finals. I remember the Pacers playing really well those first few games of the season and then all of a sudden the brawl happened.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:23 PM   #6
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

I can't remember if he made it back for the playoffs, I wanna say no, but JO got hurt after his suspension (imagine that). We had to bring back Dale Davis, which was ****ing outstanding, too bad we couldn't keep him.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:04 PM   #7
Haphazardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I can't remember if he made it back for the playoffs, I wanna say no, but JO got hurt after his suspension (imagine that). We had to bring back Dale Davis, which was ****ing outstanding, too bad we couldn't keep him.
Who are you saying was out for the playoffs? Bender or O'Neal?

O'Neal didn't miss the playoffs that year.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:07 PM   #8
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haphazardly
Who are you saying was out for the playoffs? Bender or O'Neal?

O'Neal didn't miss the playoffs that year.

I was thinking JO, but you're right he did come back and played like his usual great defending horrible shooting self.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:39 PM   #9
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

I dont remember what year this was but it was one game where if the Pacers would have won, they would have went to the finals i think. It was the Famous Tayshaun Prince block, when Reggie Miller was tryna to do a layup to win the game or something and then Prince just came out of NO WHERE and blocked the HELL out of his shot...THAT GAME STILL HAUNTS ME !!! ALL i kept saying to myself was NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!Reggie just shoot it!!! They would have went to the finals if he didnt take to the rim so soft...

Just reminiscing...I used to Love the Pacers...
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:43 PM   #10
martinas23
Serious playground baller

They might have gone to the finals but the Spurs would be a very hard opponent to beat
martinas23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:49 AM   #11
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBlaze
I dont remember what year this was but it was one game where if the Pacers would have won, they would have went to the finals i think. It was the Famous Tayshaun Prince block, when Reggie Miller was tryna to do a layup to win the game or something and then Prince just came out of NO WHERE and blocked the HELL out of his shot...THAT GAME STILL HAUNTS ME !!! ALL i kept saying to myself was NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!Reggie just shoot it!!! They would have went to the finals if he didnt take to the rim so soft...

Just reminiscing...I used to Love the Pacers...

That was Game 1 of the 2004 Eastern Conference Finals. I remember that game very very well. Even though it was only game 1 that play really set the tone for the whole series (in my opinion anyway). I would not blame Reggie too much for that play though. Tayshaun Prince is just a beast and I have seen him do that to lots of people.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:05 PM   #12
NotALakerTroll
I hit open layups

I think Reggie Miller would've started over Stephen Jackson but yeah they were really good. You have to remember that the day of the brawl Reggie Miller was on the injured list. Can you imagine if this team had resigned Brad Miller? Damn.
NotALakerTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:51 PM   #13
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotALakerTroll
I think Reggie Miller would've started over Stephen Jackson but yeah they were really good. You have to remember that the day of the brawl Reggie Miller was on the injured list. Can you imagine if this team had resigned Brad Miller? Damn.
Wasn't possible, they didn't have money to sign both the Millers in that off-season, and they opted for Reggie. No brainer, you have to, but you're right. If only...
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:23 PM   #14
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
Wasn't possible, they didn't have money to sign both the Millers in that off-season, and they opted for Reggie. No brainer, you have to, but you're right. If only...

In the bigger picture, it wouldve been smarter to lock in the passing big man. Reggie is a legend, but he was on the decline and they had Stephen Jax who could have stood in for him. But you cant turn down reggie when he has been the franchise for that long
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:44 PM   #15
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
In the bigger picture, it wouldve been smarter to lock in the passing big man. Reggie is a legend, but he was on the decline and they had Stephen Jax who could have stood in for him. But you cant turn down reggie when he has been the franchise for that long
Exactly, that's why I said it was pretty mucha no-brainer. You have to do it.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: