Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 08-29-2008, 10:23 AM   #16
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Report: Blazers offer Outlaw to Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by coles_brandon

Just for ****s and giggles:

PG: Rose
SG: Wade
SF: Deng
PF: Dirk
C: Noah

Bench: Gooden, Nichols, Blount

Think we could make it without any backup guards? All the decent backups have already signed overseas, so we might be stuck with luring Paxson out of retirement. Oh, maybe we can get BJ Armstrong too! And, just for the hell of it, why not get Eddie Robinson for some depth? I can't even type that without laughing...what a waste of space he was.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:24 PM   #17
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Report: Blazers offer Outlaw to Bulls

I still think gordon is staying put, he will enter free agency next year, he's not going to get signed and traded for 10 mill like he wants. if chicago did this trade they don't have to keep onto outlaw.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:09 AM   #18
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed

I'm going to act like I did not read that to prevent myself from insulting you.

Don't hold back! You've insulted me and Celtic Force plenty! BUT, this guy deserves it! LMAO!! OMG!! That was great! This trade was worse than the one for Shaq!
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:19 AM   #19
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back
I still think gordon is staying put, he will enter free agency next year, he's not going to get signed and traded for 10 mill like he wants. if chicago did this trade they don't have to keep onto outlaw.
Problem is, Gordon is screwing up potential deals by holding out. If he signs the 1 year offer, he's still not going to have high trade value because A. he has to agree to any deal before it can go through and B. The team that recieves him loses his bird rights, so if they aren't under the cap, then unless he takes the MLE, they won't be able to resign him.

He just needs to pull his head in and take the deal that Chicago offered him, which is more than he's worth. If he's worried about being underpaid later on, then he can do what some of the other players did and ask for a 3-4 year deal.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:57 AM   #20
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Problem is, Gordon is screwing up potential deals by holding out. If he signs the 1 year offer, he's still not going to have high trade value because A. he has to agree to any deal before it can go through and B. The team that recieves him loses his bird rights, so if they aren't under the cap, then unless he takes the MLE, they won't be able to resign him.

He just needs to pull his head in and take the deal that Chicago offered him, which is more than he's worth. If he's worried about being underpaid later on, then he can do what some of the other players did and ask for a 3-4 year deal.

is he realistically going to do that though? what your saying makes sense but BG is unlikely to do that, his agent has filled his head with garbage.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:50 PM   #21
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool

I just want Ben Gordon gone. I don't even care about his 20 points per game. I would rather this team have another season of less than 40 wins than have Ben and his attitude problem.

I think the Bulls have a chance to really start developing some great chemistry this year under Del Negro. If Derrick and Kirk are cool with each other and can respect each others value to the team, and if Vinny can help instill some confidence in the players that went through last season... watch out for the raging Bulls.

EDIT: I keep reading the forums every single day hoping to hear the good news but it hasn't happened yet. If only Ben and his demands were worth as much as Ben likes to believe.

Last edited by CelticForce1349 : 09-02-2008 at 04:58 PM.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:45 PM   #22
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation

Quote:

Even if gordon was under contract do u really think the bulls would make any significant changes i mean come on ppl. The bulls management is a joke they couldnt hit water if they fell out a boat.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:12 PM   #23
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

Quote:

Obviously in an ideal world where Ben Gordon has his head on straight he would do this - sign for 3-4 years for around $9-10 million and then if his value rises, get what your worth later on... Clearly, at this point, that is not the case
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:57 PM   #24
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

We only have kirk and rose at pg and rose is still a rookie. Outlaw is a sf-pf player. Chicago already has Deng, Noce, thabo that can play sf and Noce, Gooden, Tyrus, Noah can play pf.

If chicago can somehow get Prz w/o giving up a lot, he'll be big help. Chicago is too thin inside.
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:32 PM   #25
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Report: Blazers offer Outlaw to Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig
If chicago can somehow get Prz w/o giving up a lot, he'll be big help. Chicago is too thin inside.

How would Pryzbilla help? He can get some rebounds, but that's about it. We have plenty of guys that can do that for a fraction of the cost, and they even have some upside. Pryzbilla will never be more than a 10-15 minute/game backup. I will gladly stick with Noah and Gray.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: