Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-28-2008, 03:49 PM   #1
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

Default Bosses that strike fear

Punch Out: Mike Tyson would make me concentrate so hard that I would actually get nervous fighting him. One slip and it was over.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:55 PM   #2
sixerfan82
College star

Default Re: Bosses that strike fear

why do you mean by fear? like you hate fighting them? or you know you gotta be on your A game to beat'm?

i don't really get scared at game bosses, but i'll say that the 3 robots in MGS2: sons of liberty got me goin at my A game
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:05 PM   #3
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
why do you mean by fear? like you hate fighting them? or you know you gotta be on your A game to beat'm?

i don't really get scared at game bosses, but i'll say that the 3 robots in MGS2: sons of liberty got me goin at my A game

Just a figure of speech....tough a$$ bosses that you know will be very difficult to beat and as you said, you'll need to bring your "A" game or get very lucky. The type of bosses that will leave you with only a sliver of life left when you beat them if possible.....perhaps you have to use up all your items and powerups to beat them.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:31 PM   #4
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Not to be fcked with
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:57 PM   #5
Im so nba'd out
Filter ON [OFF]

The final mission in golden eye was tough.But, i think the toughest boss ever is bowser mario 1 or 3 he could actually freeze your game right before you beat him.Remember there was no saving the game on nintendo
Im so nba'd out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:26 PM   #6
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

The End - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
That creepy old dude who will shoot your ass if you're running like an idiot, or sneak from behind and shoot your ass if you're laying down for too long.

Omega Rugal - King of Fighters series
Two words: Genocide Cutter. The cheapest non-super-move ever.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:53 PM   #7
clipps
Good college starter

Playing Aztec on Agent for the first time in Goldeneye. Then I beat it, and it wasn't that hard, but Aztec on 00 Agent was a much different story... I eventually beat it... You almost have to play perfectly in order to beat that level on 00Agent. In order for me to beat that level on 00 Agent, I literally had to make it all the way to Jaws without taking any damage.

Another one... comes from Guitar Hero 3.

Raining Blood- Slayer: This one isn't really a boss, but anyone that has played through Career mode(especially on Hard or Expert) remembers dreading Raining Blood. Definitely one of the most hated songs by Guitar Hero fans. Well, there were 4 road blocks in the way just because of this one song... 1) Beating it on Hard, 2) 5 staring it on Hard, 3) Beating it on Expert, 4) 5 Starring it on expert. Well, I finally 5 starred it on Expert several months ago so I no longer need to worry about that damn song. Only time I play it is if someone picks it online and I (ith. And even if you do have DLC, there are only a hand full of songs (DWDTG, German Song, all songs from the new Dragonforce track Pack) and Through the Fire and Flames is still the easiest song to get 750K with... So far, I have 630K.... yess. I do have a life. But any way, I remembered this song "struck fear" at one point. I have already beaten every song in the Career mode setlist and the bonus songs, but TTFAF was still untouched on expert. I spent a long time trying to beat it... I finally beat it one day on expert and felt really excited and proud of myself... Then... I knew... "oh sh*t. now I have to 5 star this". Well that time came, I had all songs 5 starred not including the DLC list.TTFAF was still only 4 starred... I finally got it one day and nearly had a heart attack.

The Devil Went Down to Georgia(Expert)- I've beaten it and everything... But as long as it's been out as DLC for GH3, I have yet to 5 star this song... I eventually gave up interest.

Revolution Deathsquad: Dragonforce(Expert)- Well, I've been wishing for a long time for a Dragonforce DLC pack and I finally got it... Damnit... The other 2 songs weren't too hard for me... Operation Ground and Pound to my suprise was easier than Through the Fire and Flames and I 5 starred it after a few tries. Heros of our Time is MUCH easier to pass through the Fire and Flames but harder to 5 star(if that makes sense), but I eventually 5 starred it after a few more tries. But Revolution Deathsquad is a b*tch. I still have yet to 5 star... Of every GH3 song (both default and DLC), I have every other song 5 starred... Revolution Deathsquad and Devil Went Down to Georgia are VERY hard... Devil Went Down to Georgia is harder IMO than Revolution Deathsquad.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:30 AM   #8
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Some memorable from my time…

Grim Reaper: from the first Castlevania on the NES. He was the hardest boss in the fxcking game! Still hate him to this day

The Crab in Blaster Master: Stage 5 boss. Was very annoying and the only way I was able to beat him was to have a perfect run in the level with taking NO damage and having a fully powered gun.

Gannon: from The Legend of Zelda. Had to swipe the sword to make him appear THEN hit him with the arrow. Man o man…

Bee: The MINI BOSS in the last stage in Ghouls and Ghosts. Hardest boss in the whole game. I was so good at GnG I could 1cc to this boss and it was instant game over… I have still never perfected beating the damn thing…

Rock Monster: Original Mega Man on NES. The first boss in the Wily stage. I had to use the pause trick to beat this fxcker. Still sturggle with him playing the right way on the Mega Man Collection.

Ridley: Original Metroid on NES: Not real hard but when I finally was able to even get to him man what a relief! Beating Ridley the first time I knew I would be on my way to Mother Brain!

Bloody Malth: from the Original Ninja Gaiden on the NES. This boss was tough and annoying… beating him meant the end was near.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:36 AM   #9
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:30 AM   #10
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
Rock Monster: Original Mega Man on NES. The first boss in the Wily stage. I had to use the pause trick to beat this fxcker. Still sturggle with him playing the right way on the Mega Man Collection.

Same here! That pause trick was a life saver. It was so frustrating fighting him without it!
Old 08-29-2008, 02:51 PM   #11
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
Same here! That pause trick was a life saver. It was so frustrating fighting him without it!

I still think Mega Man 1 is the best one. It was the most challenging and not cheap (except that Rock monster). Mega Man 2 was cool but was too easy and games like Mega Man 8 were just pure cheap at times.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:16 AM   #12
no conscience
I brick open layups

nemisis from re 3. actually i hated most enemies from re
no conscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:33 AM   #13
sixerfan82
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by no conscience
nemisis from re 3. actually i hated most enemies from re

nice choice, i remember playing RE3 and getting into it with him, it was more of "ugh, this is annoying", though i do agree they incorporated him very nicely into the story

the fight with him in the clock tower was a very tough one, so yea i agree with this as well
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 05:12 AM   #14
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Seriously though, Ramm from Gears of War is the creepiest boss ever.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:17 PM   #15
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing

Not to be fcked with

Sephiroth has been diminished in my eyes. The Sephiroth from FF7 was badass, and porting him into Ergheiz (sp?) was pretty cool. Even the Kingdom Hearts games weren't bad versions of Sephiroth.

What spoiled it for me is the face change that was implemented in Advent Children, and carried over to Crisis Core.

This new attempt to make his face look evil and/or demonic is a complete failure. He looks ridiculous in the picture you posted above. The original Sephiroth was much better:

It's sad that nobody has listed Bowser. I still remember the adrenaline rush I got as a kid when I heard that du du du music in the original Super Mario Bros, or how scary it was to face his tank patrol in SMB3. I think that means I'm getting old.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: