Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 09-03-2006, 08:40 AM   #1
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool
Default Spain wins....Garbajosa Star....

Spain didn't miss a beat with Gasol being out beating Greece 70-47. Garbajosa was on fire from the field. Garbajosa and Navarro hit 10 3-pointers from the field. So it goes to show you that I was right when I said that Gasol doesn't mean everything to the Spaniards. Both Garbajosa and Navarro had 20 points in the win. But Garbajosa finished with a double-double (20 points/10 rebounds). Michail Kakiouzis was the bright spot for Greece with 17 points.

Last edited by T-Low : 09-03-2006 at 08:47 AM.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:16 AM   #2
hat
Can barely lace up my sneakers

hat has an OK reputation so far

imagine what it would have been like if the american team actually knew team play.

do you think Garbajosa could be in the starting line up for the raptors? at small forward of course. as there is no place left.

what do you all think?
hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:03 AM   #3
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Corliss Williamson would be the result if Garbajosa starts at SF, or worse...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:15 AM   #4
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

if mo pete leaves us after next year for whatever reason, i think we should get navarro to replace him
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:20 AM   #5
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat
imagine what it would have been like if the american team actually knew team play.

do you think Garbajosa could be in the starting line up for the raptors? at small forward of course. as there is no place left.

what do you all think?

i think its a real shame our team is soooo stacked right now!.....what am i thinking all the way to the bank! GO RAPS
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:51 PM   #6
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

I know the optimism between toronto fans and how our team is supposedly stacked, the truth of the matter is, it ain't really that stacked, its just depth... stacked would mean talent, and we dont have that much talent, at best we get the 8th spot in the eastern conference, which I doubt... I think we are gonna miss playoffs by atleast 5 games...
Old 09-03-2006, 01:18 PM   #7
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected poster

Anyone else think Garbajosa could bring a Nocioni-like impact to the Raps this year?
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:31 PM   #8
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat

what do you all think?

Garbajosa excels in the international game, which is entirely different from the NBA game. It's promising that he did well and proved he can perform at a high level of play, but it really means absolutely nothing. I would definately expect him to come off the bench as a solid role player.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:34 PM   #9
Student
Serious playground baller

Student has an OK reputation so far

J. Garbajosa 38min....20pts...10boards...4assists...3steals now thats an impressive line.
Student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:01 PM   #10
Chrispbosh4
I brick open layups

Chrispbosh4 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthomasb
if mo pete leaves us after next year for whatever reason, i think we should get navarro to replace him

yea you would have to get his rights first from the wizards, second hes not coming to the nba to play a diminitive role when he makes GOOD money overseas and is one of the best players in the league.
Chrispbosh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 04:11 PM   #11
Chrispbosh4
I brick open layups

Chrispbosh4 has no real reputation yet.

and about Garba, he gonna start some games i bet, but i dont see him starting for the season, were talented at hise positions
Chrispbosh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:42 PM   #12
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

HalphbreedBaller has an OK reputation so far
Default You must be a raptor hater!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
I know the optimism between toronto fans and how our team is supposedly stacked, the truth of the matter is, it ain't really that stacked, its just depth... stacked would mean talent, and we dont have that much talent, at best we get the 8th spot in the eastern conference, which I doubt... I think we are gonna miss playoffs by atleast 5 games...

This Team has alote of talent and alote of young players that have a huge upside you must not be a fan u must not believe in the fact that we do have enough to compete as of right now....

this place is ment 4 fans not haters!!!!
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:00 PM   #13
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalphbreedBaller
This Team has alote of talent and alote of young players that have a huge upside you must not be a fan u must not believe in the fact that we do have enough to compete as of right now....

this place is ment 4 fans not haters!!!!

I am a huge raptors fan, but some people here seem to lose sight with reality, I mean you guys hear Chuck Swirsky and believe everything he says... now I like Chuck as an entertainer/colour analyst but sometime he says stuff which is absolutely ludacris... I mean I can argue for most teams in the eastern conference and say that they are better than the raptors, if you ask me to explain, I will, for every single team, I will give out a strong argument on why they are better than the raptors, now it will be hypothetical, but I think there are more things going for other teams than the things going for the raptors...
Old 09-03-2006, 10:39 PM   #14
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Toronto is still in a building stage. This team is not stacked nor is it a number 1 team, this team is an up and comer still. A lot of people think that our team is completely stacked but it isn't. I agree with Brwnman on this one (in most senses).
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:45 PM   #15
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona

T.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this board

Oldest R.O.Y in NBA history..Jorge Garbajosa....

...Hey i could dream
T.O.RAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: