Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-03-2006, 11:28 AM   #1
IGGYIVERSON
High school junior varsity star

IGGYIVERSON has an OK reputation so far
Default Agassi vs Becker (11am eastern CBS)

could Agassi's career end today???

this kid looks good. he's serving at around 140mph.

go Andre!
IGGYIVERSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:33 AM   #2
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Agassi is the ****. I like him so much I might actually watch this.

Well probably not. But go AA!
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:38 AM   #3
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Voice of Reason has not been impressing people

Whats the difference between Agassi taking shots for his back and Landis for his hip? Why is he allowed to get treatment so he can perform in his match?
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:47 AM   #4
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

nm
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:49 AM   #5
IGGYIVERSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Whats the difference between Agassi taking shots for his back and Landis for his hip? Why is he allowed to get treatment so he can perform in his match?

he's taking cortesone shots and anti-inflammatory shots. im not in the medical field, but i dont think Agassi is loading up on testosterone or steroids. Agassi is no different than Iverson or any other tough non-cheating athlete.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:56 AM   #6
orfeomorfeo-ita
I hit open layups

orfeomorfeo-ita has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGGYIVERSON
he's taking cortesone shots and anti-inflammatory shots. im not in the medical field, but i dont think Agassi is loading up on testosterone or steroids. Agassi is no different than Iverson or any other tough non-cheating athlete.

Exactly. "taking shots" is not precise enough. there's painkillers, anti-inflammatory, steroids, and many other things.

But your message made me think about something: with your knowledge of the human soul, of all the greatest stars that were discovered cheaters with doping, or that are now confessing their use of doping 20 years ago.. could you swear on your life that Iverson (or any other NBA player, or international, or whoever is paid so much money to PLAY) doesn't or never cheated?

Honestly, I'm wearing an Iverson jersey right now, yet I could bet that 90% of athlethes all over a world where there's so much money involved cheat with doping somehow.. it's known knowledge that anti-doping research is always a few years behind doping research, btw.
orfeomorfeo-ita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:15 PM   #7
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wish they had of shown Agassi's "winner" that was called out on the hawk-eye thing. I thought it might have caught the line.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:17 PM   #8
IGGYIVERSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by orfeomorfeo-ita
Exactly. "taking shots" is not precise enough. there's painkillers, anti-inflammatory, steroids, and many other things.

But your message made me think about something: with your knowledge of the human soul, of all the greatest stars that were discovered cheaters with doping, or that are now confessing their use of doping 20 years ago.. could you swear on your life that Iverson (or any other NBA player, or international, or whoever is paid so much money to PLAY) doesn't or never cheated?

Honestly, I'm wearing an Iverson jersey right now, yet I could bet that 90% of athlethes all over a world where there's so much money involved cheat with doping somehow.. it's known knowledge that anti-doping research is always a few years behind doping research, btw.

i agree with you. the thing with Agassi tho is that tennis has testing that is way more strict than baseball, and is comparable to cycling. there's been grandslam champs stripped of their money and banned for life.

but you're right. testing is behind in lots or sports. i cant guarantee that Iversons never cheated.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:29 PM   #9
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Voice of Reason has not been impressing people

Damn that was a long ass match. Took 15mins for someone to win. Agassi got it.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:39 PM   #10
IGGYIVERSON

agassi is playing like crap. too bad athletes have to get old.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:40 PM   #11
kingsfan
Serious playground baller

kingsfan has no real reputation yet.

Damn it, looks like this will be his last match
kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:12 PM   #12
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

He's not done yet. 1 set all.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:14 PM   #13
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Good match, but did you just see this iTunes commercial feat. Bob Dylan? That's just wrong.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:15 PM   #14
RidonKs
NBA Legend

It's come down to the point that the only way Agassi can win these matches is to get into long, and easy rallies, and just let his opponent hit errors. He just can't hit winners anymore.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:15 PM   #15
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool

I can't believe Becker let him off the hook that set...
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: