Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 08-30-2008, 02:54 PM   #1
BBallGuru08
I brick open layups

Default A Realistic Trade Idea

With the Warriors projected to exceed the luxury tax next season, here is a realistic trade that will help Cohan and Mullin.

Send Jackson, Perovic and Harrington to the Cavaliers for Wally Szcerbiak, Aleksander Pavlovic and a future first round pick.

For the Cavaliers: Jackson gives Lebron that Veteran at the 2 guard that they were looking for in Larry Hughes. Williams, Jackson, James, Harrington and Z would make a nice line up in the East.

For the Warriors: They knock off $13M off the payroll with Wally World's expiring contract. This would allow them to drop well below the luxury tax and still have money left over to pick up some key free agents next Summer. This would also ensure that they develop the young players in a season that is basically a non-playoff year.

Line up:

PG Monta Ellis - Marcus Williams - CJ Watson
SG Kelenna Azubuike - Marco Belinelli - Aleksander Pavlovic
SF Corey Maggette - Anthony Randolph - Wally Szcerbiak
PF Brandan Wright - Ronnie Turiaf
c Andris Biedrins - Richard Hendrix

I would of loved them not signing Maggette and would look to trade him next Summer if Randolph has a solid rookie season.
BBallGuru08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:46 PM   #2
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Default Re: A Realistic Trade Idea

Hey, Cleo.... tell us why you know for sure the Warriors are not making the playoffs.

But I agree completely, Maggette totally sucks... yup, they shouldn't have signed him at all. Why does the team need a scorer as good as J-Rich was, except with 3 point range?

Yeah, your totally making sense here. I like the idea of trading two guys who are going to be in the starting lineup for one dimensional bench shooters with worse defense than the guys they'd be trading. Yeah... they should tank the season and hope to get a lottery pick. Golden State should totally hand Cleveland their first NBA Championship. No, they shouldn't atleast play out the first part of the season before they make the decision that this team can or can't make the playoffs... Harringtons 9mill expiring contract definitely wont take them out of luxury... nope... I dont know why nobody else thought of these great ideas before?
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 01:23 AM   #3
Moose

Let's wait and see what happens during the trading deadline. Shall we?
Old 10-03-2008, 04:14 PM   #4
roheblius
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Let's wait and see what happens during the trading deadline. Shall we?

Agreed. If the season tanks, something like that is actually smart, unless you see Jackson as a necessary part of your future.

But if they are in the playoff hunt, I'm not sure you can do that, especially because you've had two really good seasons in a row. You need to keep the team hot if it's hot.
roheblius is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: