Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-30-2008, 08:37 PM   #1
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Games with best storylines

Storylines are a huge part in todays videogames. Which game's stories want you to come back for more?

My favorites are (No order):
(Whole series)

(Never got to play the other Final Fantasies. I mainly just played 7)

(Whole series)

(Whole series)

I know Im missing some..
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:55 PM   #2
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Games with best storylines

Zelda is so legendary and it's storylines are the biggest component of that. What a gifted person whoever came up with that series must be.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:00 PM   #3
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Final Fantasy 6 storyline is one of the best I've ever played.
kaiteng is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:40 PM   #4
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Grand Theft Auto 3: Liberty City and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Vice City was nice too, but those two games are in a league of their own.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:45 PM   #5
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Metal Gear Solid (who series, MGS3 to be exact) and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time have always had the best 2 stories in my opinion.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:49 PM   #6
J_Rock3ts
The Truth

J_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected poster

Ocarina of Time, ftw.
J_Rock3ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:55 PM   #7
teleport
G-Men 3-0

teleport is popular on this boardteleport is popular on this boardteleport is popular on this boardteleport is popular on this board

i loved the final fantasy x storyline and skies of arcadia
teleport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:18 PM   #8
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
Grand Theft Auto 3: Liberty City and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Vice City was nice too, but those two games are in a league of their own.
Ahh yea there we go.
I knew I was forgetting a big one
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:47 PM   #9
Killer_Instinct
And Another One

Killer_Instinct has an OK reputation so far

I really like Knights of The Old Republic storyline. Chrono Cross for the PSOne was also interesting. GTA 4, despite its dissapointing repetiveness, had a great storyline.
Killer_Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 01:39 AM   #10
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Dues Ex
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 05:14 AM   #11
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Metal Gear Solid (who series, MGS3 to be exact) and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time have always had the best 2 stories in my opinion.

I give Zelda the complete edge. MGS was good, but MGS2 ruined the series for me. The scenes were too long and convoluted. I really wasn't sure what was going on by the end of it, and I think they meant that deliberately.

I always wanted to write some Zelda novels, but I wouldn't even know where to begin. Do you write a few chapters and submit it to Nintendo to try and get the rights? Do you write Nintendo first? With no previous storytelling experience, how do you convince them you're good enough. Whatever...

I don't know how anyone can name a Final Fantasy game here. The storylines are so convoluted with japanese style fantasy elements like Gaia, etc. along with bits of mythology thrown in for good measure. Most of the stories are so out there.

San Andreas was a good game, but the storyline was so basic, and definitely served more to keep the different missions moving than anything else. Nothing fundementally great about them. Some good comedic relief is about all.

The Legacy of Kain series is definitely right up there with Zelda. Again I give Zelda the edge, because A. the LOK series isn't finished. B. the LOK series takes some twists into some subplots that make you go, 'huh' ? until you get further ahead... and even the end includes some paradox's you just don't understand. I remember debating the story for a good 25 pages on a GameFaqs board, as people argued whether or not Raziel would be back.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 05:45 AM   #12
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
MGS was good, but MGS2 ruined the series for me. The scenes were too long and convoluted. I really wasn't sure what was going on by the end of it, and I think they meant that deliberately.

Never play MGS4 then. Its cut szenes are a mixture of ridicule and sheer boredom for anyone with half a brain.

Best storylines imho are in KOTOR, Fahrenheit and PS:Torrent.

Get outta here with your kiddie stuff like Final Fantasy. That's stories kept simple enough for eight year olds peppered up with villains and heroes that are so superficially "cool" it makes me want to puke.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:11 AM   #13
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Zelda is so legendary and it's storylines are the biggest component of that. What a gifted person whoever came up with that series must be.

And the dude came up with Mario too. Genius.

I always love the crazy Japanese storylines. I really loved the one in Baten Kaitos. The first Lunars where pretty good too. Half-life deserves a mention.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 02:01 PM   #14
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Crono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 02:34 PM   #15
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Some of the ones I liked…

Xenogears — This is a game where the storyline is actually better than the game play mechanics.

Grandia II — It really captivated me Game Arts seem to do well here…

Phantasy Star II — before that whole Aeris thing… their was Nei… and also destruction of a whole planet that was key in the first game… oh Phantasy Star II came out in 1989 btw

Panzer Dragoon Saga — really short game (about 30 hours) and not too difficult, its worth playing for its storyline… I have played this through 3 time now and am thinking of going for a 4th soon - like re-reading a good book.

Dragon Quest VIII — I was really drawn into the story though its not the greatest but the game play balances it out…

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time — pretty interesting story line I guess. I had enjoyment going throug this game… I really had a warm feeling when I finally made it to Aquios…

Valkyrie Profile — the story is really sad and depressing… really riveting.

Other Hideo Kojima offerings:
Snatcher
Zone of the Enders

both have well thought out storylines…

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
The first Lunars where pretty good too.

Lunar: The Silver Star had a really nice story… Eternal Blue was good but I really liked TSS better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
Crono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI.

Chrono Trigger is indeed good

and…

Final Fantasy VI is THE BEST in the whole franchise.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: