Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 08-31-2008, 03:06 PM   #1
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

Default Nba Forum - Durant Over Oden

Hey guys, there's a thread over in the NBA Forum titled something like:

Where would the Blazers be if they had taken Kevin Durant #1 overall?

I realize it's a moot point, but some of the posts and Durant-haters make for some interesting reading. Here's my post:

While I was disappointed by Oden's injury, I still think we made the right choice by taking Oden over Durant. However, I am NOT a Durant hater...he did shoot a lot, but come on, can you imagine the pressure on a #2 overall pick to produce on a team with minimal leadership (from the players)...speaking of questionable drafting, what the heck was Seattle - I mean Clay Bennett's team thinking when they had Boston take Jeff Green at #5????? I would have taken Yi, Jianlian or Corey Brewer over Jeff Green - Yi would have been a better fit at PF or Center for them, while Brewer would have been a better option at SG...........
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 03:22 PM   #2
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Nba Forum - Durant Over Oden

Yeah, I got that thread. I pretty much said Durant would have helped last year but our future is better off with Oden.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:04 PM   #3
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

I think Oden is a wayyyy better addition for the future. I also think he has potential to be a much better player than Durant.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:13 PM   #4
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

I love it when people agree with me!!!!!!!!!! It's the exact opposite of having a discussion with my teenagers!!!
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:55 PM   #5
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

We need that big man. Portland lacks defense and power in the paint. It was the most sane thing to do.
Aldridge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:50 AM   #6
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerjimmy
Hey guys, there's a thread over in the NBA Forum titled something like:

Where would the Blazers be if they had taken Kevin Durant #1 overall?

I realize it's a moot point, but some of the posts and Durant-haters make for some interesting reading. Here's my post:

While I was disappointed by Oden's injury, I still think we made the right choice by taking Oden over Durant. However, I am NOT a Durant hater...he did shoot a lot, but come on, can you imagine the pressure on a #2 overall pick to produce on a team with minimal leadership (from the players)...speaking of questionable drafting, what the heck was Seattle - I mean Clay Bennett's team thinking when they had Boston take Jeff Green at #5????? I would have taken Yi, Jianlian or Corey Brewer over Jeff Green - Yi would have been a better fit at PF or Center for them, while Brewer would have been a better option at SG...........
I dont actually think Durrant should have been rookie of the year.His club was awful,he took more shots than Rambo,and missed as much as Rambo's opponents!!I think Portland made the right choice.Yi is totally overrated!I think Green is better.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:20 PM   #7
blazerftc
High School Varsity 6th Man

I think all the blazer hate on the nba forum is to be expected. Look at all the teams/players from the previous generation now in decline, or at least hitting their peak. Laker fans especially seem to be getting panicky about Kobe winning another one for the lakers without Shaq. Now everyone is coming up saying the the blazers would have been better drafting Durant, which seems absolutely ludicrous to me. I don't want to chalk it up to simple jealousy, vut it kinda' seems like that.
blazerftc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:20 AM   #8
Renegade
I hit open layups

The opportunity to draft an individual who has the potential to be a dominant center for the next ten years (or more) comes around once in a generation. Any discussion of selecting Durant over Oden is foolish. Yes Oden does seem to be injury prone, but his caliber of player is rare.

Pritchard made the right decision.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: