Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 09-01-2008, 02:18 AM   #1
coles_brandon
Can barely lace up my sneakers

coles_brandon has an OK reputation so far
Default Filling the void at center

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...21~4&te=&cash=

coles_brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:01 AM   #2
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Filling the void at center

I really wish you wouldn't post this garbage.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:04 AM   #3
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation

I second that motion. This is the dumbest post ever.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:16 PM   #4
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
I second that motion. This is the dumbest post ever.

x1000

How about this trade... kinda lopsided in favor of the Bulls, but anyway:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...27&te =&cash=

Maybe offer Nocioni plus a first or second rounder. Realistically, Blatche instead of Haywood would work just as good.

Last edited by beasted86 : 09-01-2008 at 02:21 PM.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:31 PM   #5
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Filling what void at center? And there's no way I'd give up Tyrus Thomas and Drew Gooden for Shaq right now. That would automatically make the Suns contenders again though.

But really... what void at center? The Bulls have Noah and Aaron Gray.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:14 PM   #6
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by coles_brandon

you're a moron.... Shaq is a scrub
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:17 PM   #7
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

I wish people would stop talking about centers.

We won 6 championships with Longley & Cartwright.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:59 PM   #8
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
I wish people would stop talking about centers.

We won 6 championships with Longley & Cartwright.
Thats as laughable as the first post

Sorry, but there is no PF nearly as good as Grant or Rodman,
No SF nearly as good as Pippen, and obviously nobody that can be mentioned along the likeness to the G.O.A.T SG.

The teams offensive scheme can't even be compared in the two teams. Chicago definitely needs a better Center and/or Power Forward, but Shaq is farthest from the answer.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:23 PM   #9
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
Thats as laughable as the first post

Sorry, but there is no PF nearly as good as Grant or Rodman,
No SF nearly as good as Pippen, and obviously nobody that can be mentioned along the likeness to the G.O.A.T SG.

The teams offensive scheme can't even be compared in the two teams. Chicago definitely needs a better Center and/or Power Forward, but Shaq is farthest from the answer.

I didn't say Shaq was the answer. Look at my point before you try to clown or laugh.

The Celts won with Perkins.
The Pistons won with who? I don't even remember.
Most "True" Centers are being made obsolete by the new style of the NBA.

I'm not saying the we couldn't use a few upgrades at key positions, but getting a laboring center is not exactly in tune with how I see this team going.

Gray has potential and I'm not ready to give up on TT and Noah yet.

I think we should try and form a balanced defensive team.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:04 AM   #10
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Filling what void at center? And there's no way I'd give up Tyrus Thomas and Drew Gooden for Shaq right now. That would automatically make the Suns contenders again though.

But really... what void at center? The Bulls have Noah and Aaron Gray.

LMAO!!! I don't know what's better...this post...or that you questioned the void and mentioned Gray!! LMAO
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:38 AM   #11
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Filling the void at center

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmdv12
LMAO!!! I don't know what's better...this post...or that you questioned the void and mentioned Gray!! LMAO

I really think Aaron Gray has what it takes to be a starting C in the league. He has the soft touch on offense with a few post moves, and won't get muscled out of the way on defense. Granted, he isn't very athletic or quick, but he's much better than, say, Jason Collins, who started for way too long on the Nets. Noah is a better player than people give him credit for, and he did much better than expectations last year as a rookie. I think they are a great pair. When you need more defense, you bring in Noah. When you need some post offense, you bring in Gray. We don't have a void, but C is not our best position either.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:44 PM   #12
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
I didn't say Shaq was the answer. Look at my point before you try to clown or laugh.

The Celts won with Perkins.
The Pistons won with who? I don't even remember.
Most "True" Centers are being made obsolete by the new style of the NBA.

I'm not saying the we couldn't use a few upgrades at key positions, but getting a laboring center is not exactly in tune with how I see this team going.

Gray has potential and I'm not ready to give up on TT and Noah yet.

I think we should try and form a balanced defensive team.

I wasn't trying to clown. I was trying to point out that the 3 out of the 5 starting positions had All-Star players while currently the Bulls have none. Simple as that. Deng and Rose might be a future All-star, the rest look shaky or unlikely.

Same thing applies to Boston, 3 out of the 5 positions have All-star players. Same can be said about Detroit. Also both of those teams had impeccable defense. Chicago currently doesn't have one really strong defender except Deng.

My comment about Shaq was reffering to the first post by saying I agree there is a "void" at center (disagreeing with your stance), but saying there are way better ideas out there.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:16 PM   #13
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
I really think Aaron Gray has what it takes to be a starting C in the league. He has the soft touch on offense with a few post moves, and won't get muscled out of the way on defense. Granted, he isn't very athletic or quick, but he's much better than, say, Jason Collins, who started for way too long on the Nets. Noah is a better player than people give him credit for, and he did much better than expectations last year as a rookie. I think they are a great pair. When you need more defense, you bring in Noah. When you need some post offense, you bring in Gray. We don't have a void, but C is not our best position either.

I see your point. He's only good for a few minutes here and there. Nothing more! I'm just upset because of how he played in the summer league. I got mad watching him in the games. He was getting swatted all over the damn court! It was sick! He had no elevation...not that he had it before, but it looked like he was barely getting off the ground. He kept jump faking but his jump is so slow, so he kept getting swatted. Maybe he gained weight?
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:31 PM   #14
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

This is going to sound nuts....but I wouldnt mind having shaq for only 2 seasons giving up Tyrus...Gooden and Hughes....look on the bright side...we will have a ton of cap room in 2010... for ether Wade or Lebron
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:28 PM   #15
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Filling the void at center

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmdv12
I see your point. He's only good for a few minutes here and there. Nothing more! I'm just upset because of how he played in the summer league. I got mad watching him in the games. He was getting swatted all over the damn court! It was sick! He had no elevation...not that he had it before, but it looked like he was barely getting off the ground. He kept jump faking but his jump is so slow, so he kept getting swatted. Maybe he gained weight?

Maybe, but Gray was never an athlete. I just like him as a big body that can score some point here and there. I didn't like him at Pitt because of his plodding, and because a lot of mock drafts had us taking him in the first round (at the beginning of the season). Now, I just think that we got another good value in the second round. He needs to develop a consistent hook shot, because at his height that would be unguardable, but his fundamentals are above average for a young guy.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: