Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 11-26-2008, 07:45 AM   #16
sick_brah07
National High School Star

Default Re: Yugoslavia

yugoslavians have a mental problem in every single sport they play i know this because i am one and i hate it
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:00 AM   #17
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Yeah like other posters have stated, Serbia has tons of talent and they're currently struggling on the international stage. Methinks it has to do with the typical Balkan attitude meaning acting like a hardheaded prick.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:55 PM   #18
S3RB
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I can kind of see where you guys are coming from saying that Yugoslavia wouldn't have good team chemistry and all, but it is hard for me to forget seeing Yugoslavia win the World Basketball Championships back to back in 98' and 02'.. i'm pretty sure serbs, croats, ect. all played together and made it happen then.

Marko Jaric PG
Sasha Pavlovic SG
Peja Stojakovic SF
Darko Milicic PF
Nenad Krstic PF/C

pretty strong in my opinion..
S3RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:52 AM   #19
big baller
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick_brah07
yugoslavians have a mental problem in every single sport they play i know this because i am one and i hate it
plz bro shut up, and i would know too because i am one as well (bosnian) and proud.
big baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:44 AM   #20
AtTheDriveIn
04'

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
If they wouldn't be better than Spain or Argentina, how would international competition be much more difficult?

Both the Yugoslavian team and the Soviet team would be able to field a team of NBA players, one through twelve (or fifteen). And if they're not playing in the NBA, they're NBA worthy players (Soviets with some of the Lithuanian guards). Obviously, when there are two other teams who could be very competitive in any competition, then obviously, it makes competitions or tournaments tougher for all of the other teams. It really isn't all that difficult to figure out. America can be Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia, Bosnia each with dominance. But, when you put these countries together, they're much more difficult to stop. And it's exactly the same story about the Soviet Union.

Quote:

Don't put us all down. It's really on the Serbians with the attitude problems. Has a country ever been more thick-headed than they? It's not just in sport that they have problems with parts of their thinkings, it's in everything. They invade some other poor, defenseless country every ten years, only to be thumped every time. Don't put all Yugoslovian countries down because of the Serbs.

On the topic, the roster you posted, it's a pretty strong team. European championships, without a doubt, I believe. Spain has the star power, but other than the Soviet Union (and we're talking as if they don't exist and Yugoslovia does right now), I don't think there would have ever been a European team assembled that was this deep. Not only that, but some of these guys are stars when they step onto the FIBA courts. Krtic is menacing and a great offensive center; same story with Darko; Stojakovic would be raining three's like it was nothing; the guard play would be tough to stop with Jaric having a head difference of any other point guard he came across, and then when Udrih takes over, the combination of strength and speed would be too much for teams to handle.

Everywhere, one through twelve (or fifteen), they have an advantage. It's a great lineup. Shame they couldn't actually play a proper team though. Had they been able to re-form the country (an impossibility), I think Yugoslavia would have be, along with America been contending for the gold medal every single tournament they played in.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:13 PM   #21
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
lol, I thought my friend Bojan was just making that up!
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:14 PM   #22
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
so true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Yeah like other posters have stated, Serbia has tons of talent and they're currently struggling on the international stage. Methinks it has to do with the typical Balkan attitude meaning acting like a hardheaded prick.
Dominating in every younger category but struggles with senior team... U really have to be expert to do that...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:06 PM   #23
Huey Freeman
PAO

Serbia will be back.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:25 AM   #24
wasteland

Quote:
I can kind of see where you guys are coming from saying that Yugoslavia wouldn't have good team chemistry and all, but it is hard for me to forget seeing Yugoslavia win the World Basketball Championships back to back in 98' and 02'.. i'm pretty sure serbs, croats, ect. all played together and made it happen then.

Marko Jaric PG
Sasha Pavlovic SG
Peja Stojakovic SF
Darko Milicic PF
Nenad Krstic PF/C

pretty strong in my opinion..

no sir u are wrong. yugoslavia broke up in the early 90's, first it was slovenia, then croatia, then bosnia, all out of yugoslavia by 92. by 1998 yugoslavia was only serbia and montenegro (which is also now a seperated country, with only half a milion people), so 1998 and 2002 was won by serbia, not yugoslavia, the real yugoslavia broke up in 1990.
back in those days it didn't really matter to us if you were serbian, croatian, bosnian or slovenian or what not. these days it wouldn't ever work. serbia is still by far the strongest in basketball, closely followed by bosnia croatia and slovenia.
i hope this topic is not too old to discuss
Old 04-02-2009, 04:53 PM   #25
la bomba
Local High School Star

milicic? jaric? excuse me I don't mean to piss on your parade,I agree that Serbia has great talent and an assemble a great team but neither of these,especially Milicic is as good as you suggest.
I think Slovenia has a great team but struggle to have all their players.
Lakovic,Udrih,Becirovic,Vujacic,Lorbek,Nesterovic, Smodiz,Nachbar.Berzec etc etc.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:46 PM   #26
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Yugoslavians could put together a hell of a team I agree, but it's funny that all these NBA guys are being listed. Everyone really thinks everything in basketball is the NBA. it's gotten so out of hand. There are actually much better players that a Yugoslavian team could put than some of these NBA guys. They have guys that are much better in Europe than some of these NBA guys.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:48 PM   #27
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by latrellspreee
Soviet Union roster:

Zaza Pachulia - Georgia - Atlanta
Darius Songaila - Lithuania - Chicago
Zydrunas Ilgauskas - Lithuania - Cleveland
Andrei Kirilenko - Russia - Utah
Andris Biedrins - Latvia - Golden State
Linas Kleiza - Lithuania - Denver
Jonas Maciulis - Lithuania - Zalgiris
Ramunas Siskauskas - Lithuania CSKA Moscow
Travis Hansen - Russia - Dinamo Moscow
Rimantas Kaukenas - Lithuania - Montepaschi Siena
Sarunas Jasikevicius - Lithuania - Panathinaikos
John Robert Holden - Russia - CSKA Moscow

I admit that's a nice roster, but I don't think that team could beat Argentina, Greece, or Spain.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:49 PM   #28
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
And that's better than Spain or Argentina?
Also consider some of those Serbian players aren't playing for their national team anymore.

It's not that far from Spain really. But no, not quite as strong as Spain.

Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo : 04-02-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:53 PM   #29
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
Both the Yugoslavian team and the Soviet team would be able to field a team of NBA players, one through twelve (or fifteen). And if they're not playing in the NBA, they're NBA worthy players (Soviets with some of the Lithuanian guards). Obviously, when there are two other teams who could be very competitive in any competition, then obviously, it makes competitions or tournaments tougher for all of the other teams. It really isn't all that difficult to figure out. America can be Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia, Bosnia each with dominance. But, when you put these countries together, they're much more difficult to stop. And it's exactly the same story about the Soviet Union.

Don't put us all down. It's really on the Serbians with the attitude problems. Has a country ever been more thick-headed than they? It's not just in sport that they have problems with parts of their thinkings, it's in everything. They invade some other poor, defenseless country every ten years, only to be thumped every time. Don't put all Yugoslovian countries down because of the Serbs.

On the topic, the roster you posted, it's a pretty strong team. European championships, without a doubt, I believe. Spain has the star power, but other than the Soviet Union (and we're talking as if they don't exist and Yugoslovia does right now), I don't think there would have ever been a European team assembled that was this deep. Not only that, but some of these guys are stars when they step onto the FIBA courts. Krtic is menacing and a great offensive center; same story with Darko; Stojakovic would be raining three's like it was nothing; the guard play would be tough to stop with Jaric having a head difference of any other point guard he came across, and then when Udrih takes over, the combination of strength and speed would be too much for teams to handle.

Everywhere, one through twelve (or fifteen), they have an advantage. It's a great lineup. Shame they couldn't actually play a proper team though. Had they been able to re-form the country (an impossibility), I think Yugoslavia would have be, along with America been contending for the gold medal every single tournament they played in.

That's a tough line up mentioned (although I think with some other players in Europe they could field a better team than that).............but I would take a full Spain or Greece over them. I think they could get Lithuania and some of the clubs like that. Argentina would be close but I would still take Argentina.

But really, Spain or Greece let's say with their 12 best players? Too much for them IMHO.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:49 AM   #30
sick_brah07
National High School Star

Don't put us all down
. It's really on the Serbians with the attitude problems. Has a country ever been more thick-headed than they? It's not just in sport that they have problems with parts of their thinkings, it's in everything. They invade some other poor, defenseless country every ten years, only to be thumped every time. Don't put all Yugoslovian countries down because of the Serbs.

how was i putting anyone down, we (yugoslavians) show so much talent yet never win anything then talk about how great we could have been. Im half croatian half serbian, ive seen both sides of the road and neither is better then the other when it comes to mentality. please dont mistake this for a political view im jus stating what i have seen
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: