Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 09-03-2006, 04:23 PM   #1
Jerballers
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Jerballers has an OK reputation so far
Default Is Iverson stayin?

yeah what it says up there^^^^^^^^^^
Jerballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 08:48 PM   #2
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

looks like it.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 02:37 AM   #3
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
looks like it.
well looks like philly is getting ready to make a trade with Golden state.
looks like iverson might not stay as much as it hurts to say it but i heard that the only reason that iverson wasnt traded for J-Rich is becuase he had knee surgery...but once he is healthy enough for the 76ers staff you can possibly look for a trade to go down....with sixers getting....(i cant really remember but) j-rich, and a young piece for iverson and hunter.......i mean i dont liek the trade as much as the next philly fan but......things happen
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 01:34 PM   #4
irimus
I airball my layups

irimus has an OK reputation so far

i don't think BK is fool enough to trade a.i. for j-rich even if j-rich would bring solid defense...
irimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 04:28 PM   #5
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

iverson is good still so i think bk will use him for another year or two.Then he will get traded for younger prospect.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 06:17 PM   #6
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

Well I mean there's really no way you can get any worse, so why not trade A.I? One trade can turn a team around, and sometimes the best trades are those that are the riskiest.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:49 AM   #7
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irimus
i don't think BK is fool enough to trade a.i. for j-rich even if j-rich would bring solid defense...
i mean i hope he isnt but actually the trade isnt that bad for 76ers i mean compared to the other offers that they are getting...if u think about it
Monta Ellis, j-rich, Ike Diogu and maybe a first rounder for iverson and hunter??? that doesnt sound that bad if you think about it....i liek iverson more than the next day...but j-rich is a bonafide superstar waiting to errupt.
the guy did average 23 points, 5.8 rebounds and 3 assists...and he will bring fans becuase of his dunking...i mean j-rich,iggy sounds pretty nice itself...especially seeing that they ARE YOUNG...but then again i am the type of iverson fan that still has hope in the sixers keeping him and adding another piece and winning it all but...at the same time i want iverson to get his ring...
and iverson and baron davis looks nice...but i would much rather have iverson in philly where i want him to stay....i am not for this trade....but wouldnt be too disapointd if it would to get done.....id learn to accept it.....
Old 09-05-2006, 08:29 PM   #8
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

The Celtics were the only team that seemed to be pushing hard to get him. And the Nuggets had interest. Not sure who else
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 02:09 AM   #9
butch mcrae
I airball my layups

butch mcrae has an OK reputation so far

I think he will get traded before the deadline. It will just get harder to trade him after this season. He is at his peak and as of now, no major injuries, although many little injuries. He's coming off a huge season that will be hard to top.
butch mcrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:38 PM   #10
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Yeah, both Iverson and Webber are staying, for now

The team got lame deals for iverson and very few offers for webber
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:31 PM   #11
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

what do you think about bibby for iverson? it would give you guys a true point guard. i think igoudala will shine if AI leaves since he will get the ball more.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 12:13 AM   #12
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
what do you think about bibby for iverson? it would give you guys a true point guard. i think igoudala will shine if AI leaves since he will get the ball more.

The only way I see Iverson for Bibby if they throw in Artest. And that's not Happening, but a sign and trade Wells. Wells and Bibby for Iverson!!! Works for both side!! too bad.
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 02:20 PM   #13
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:

CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG..but...since when is Bibby a true point guard????
Old 09-22-2006, 06:15 PM   #14
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG..but...since when is Bibby a true point guard????

um... i guess you could call him a combo guard but hes way more of a true point guard than iverson. he only takes 14 shots a game and he averages 20 points. yes, he only averages around 6 assists but his teammates average a lot of assists for their positons. on the grizzlies he averaged 8 apg i think.

i mean, you have Iverson taking 23 shots a game and that really limits what the other players can do. igoudala only takes 8 shots a game and hes avergaing 50%....if he would get the ball more often i still can't see him shooting less than 45%. if you had bibby andre would get the ball more. so would dalembert and i'm betting bibby would be able to set up korver better than iverson. come on...

if you were billy king would you take Bibby + Corliss Williamson (expiring 6.5 mil contract) for A.I?
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...teams=20~20~23
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 09:39 PM   #15
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
um... i guess you could call him a combo guard but hes way more of a true point guard than iverson. he only takes 14 shots a game and he averages 20 points. yes, he only averages around 6 assists but his teammates average a lot of assists for their positons. on the grizzlies he averaged 8 apg i think.

i mean, you have Iverson taking 23 shots a game and that really limits what the other players can do. igoudala only takes 8 shots a game and hes avergaing 50%....if he would get the ball more often i still can't see him shooting less than 45%. if you had bibby andre would get the ball more. so would dalembert and i'm betting bibby would be able to set up korver better than iverson. come on...

if you were billy king would you take Bibby + Corliss Williamson (expiring 6.5 mil contract) for A.I?
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...teams=20~20~23

no....i mean mike bibby is okay but honestly to me he is highly over-rated and is nowhere close to as good as iverson and mike is only three years younger than iverson and they will probablly retire near the same time and iverson will still last longer as a star in the leauge...put it this way when Webber was with the kings his last year before he got traded after the allstar break to the sixers....whose team was the kings???WEBBERS!...webber averaged 21.3 points 9.7 rebounds 5.5 assists....it was his team...when he came to the sixers whose team was it???IVERSONS....i mean i understand that webber came to a new team that was already iverson's but he went from averaging 21.3,9.7,5.5 on a good playoff western team with a good supporting cast in (bibby,b.miller,christie,b. jackson,peja) to averaging 15 points 7 rebounds and 3 assists in a below 5 hundred eastern team with only one superstar in Iverson....ENUFF SAID.......
put it this way when webber was in sacramento he was a studd...but....he was the boss there...and if bibby was soo good.....then when webber left..why didnt he blow-up?? imo...bibby is over-rated greatly and is no even in iversons ball-park....so i wouldnt trade iverson for bibby and the big nasty cuz he is washed up and over paid...the sixers would suck...even worse... if iverson left...how would they win any games at all?? they would be in the game but at late game situations where would they look???bibby cant do it himself...plus webber has already said he diddnt liek playng with bibby and said iverson was easyily the best player he has ever played with.....
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: