Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 09-23-2006, 12:17 AM   #16
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
no....i mean mike bibby is okay but honestly to me he is highly over-rated and is nowhere close to as good as iverson and mike is only three years younger than iverson and they will probablly retire near the same time and iverson will still last longer as a star in the leauge...put it this way when Webber was with the kings his last year before he got traded after the allstar break to the sixers....whose team was the kings???WEBBERS!...webber averaged 21.3 points 9.7 rebounds 5.5 assists....it was his team...when he came to the sixers whose team was it???IVERSONS....i mean i understand that webber came to a new team that was already iverson's but he went from averaging 21.3,9.7,5.5 on a good playoff western team with a good supporting cast in (bibby,b.miller,christie,b. jackson,peja) to averaging 15 points 7 rebounds and 3 assists in a below 5 hundred eastern team with only one superstar in Iverson....ENUFF SAID.......
put it this way when webber was in sacramento he was a studd...but....he was the boss there...and if bibby was soo good.....then when webber left..why didnt he blow-up?? imo...bibby is over-rated greatly and is no even in iversons ball-park....so i wouldnt trade iverson for bibby and the big nasty cuz he is washed up and over paid...the sixers would suck...even worse... if iverson left...how would they win any games at all?? they would be in the game but at late game situations where would they look???bibby cant do it himself...plus webber has already said he diddnt liek playng with bibby and said iverson was easyily the best player he has ever played with.....

of course iverson is way better than bibby. you do realize you're not going to get equal value for iverson right? you also forgot to mention Webber's health when you talked about his decline. it sounds like you think iverson can carry the sixers by himself. he tried to last year and they didnt even make the playoffs. if the kings offered up bibby i dont think you could get a better offer. that is, if the sixers still want to stay in the playoff hunt and aren't planning on killing the team and rebuilding. I mean...you almost traded Iverson for Randy Foye. There were also serious talks about sending Iverson over to the Warriors for a package that might not have even invluded J-Rich.

I'm telling you man, the Sixers would be more successful if they played more of a team game. Superstars rule the NBA but the winning ones have a supporting cast that they rely on. Iverson doesnt rely enough on his teammates. I mean...Iverson will only keep the team good enough to get a high lottery pick and bad enough to miss the playoffs. I don't think the kings really want Iverson because of his poor work ethic and ball dominance....but if they offered you Bibby for Iverson how could you not take that deal? It would give Iggy a chance to breakout and whether C-Web likes it or not him and Bibby play better basketball together than him and AI. Or it could just be that C-Web is already too worn down. Idk.

Sidenote- I'm very curious as to why Igoudala only takes 8 shots a game? Is there a known reason? he shoots a great percentage. I don't watch a lot of sixers games maybe you guys could help me out. The only reason I've found people say is because Iverson has the ball too much.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 10:09 AM   #17
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
of course iverson is way better than bibby. you do realize you're not going to get equal value for iverson right? you also forgot to mention Webber's health when you talked about his decline. it sounds like you think iverson can carry the sixers by himself. he tried to last year and they didnt even make the playoffs. if the kings offered up bibby i dont think you could get a better offer. that is, if the sixers still want to stay in the playoff hunt and aren't planning on killing the team and rebuilding. I mean...you almost traded Iverson for Randy Foye. There were also serious talks about sending Iverson over to the Warriors for a package that might not have even invluded J-Rich.

I'm telling you man, the Sixers would be more successful if they played more of a team game. Superstars rule the NBA but the winning ones have a supporting cast that they rely on. Iverson doesnt rely enough on his teammates. I mean...Iverson will only keep the team good enough to get a high lottery pick and bad enough to miss the playoffs. I don't think the kings really want Iverson because of his poor work ethic and ball dominance....but if they offered you Bibby for Iverson how could you not take that deal? It would give Iggy a chance to breakout and whether C-Web likes it or not him and Bibby play better basketball together than him and AI. Or it could just be that C-Web is already too worn down. Idk.

Sidenote- I'm very curious as to why Igoudala only takes 8 shots a game? Is there a known reason? he shoots a great percentage. I don't watch a lot of sixers games maybe you guys could help me out. The only reason I've found people say is because Iverson has the ball too much.

I have actually heard iggy talk about the shots he takes....they askd him why he diddnt take more shots....he had several reasons.....he said that he takes pride in his defense and in the 4th quarters he is already tired and when he gets the ball he says that he doesnt want to mess up an take a bad shot so he looks for AI or C-Webb to pass it to and just watches as they shoot while he goes back on defense....He has said that he doesnt desire to shoot the ball late game situations mainly the 4th quarter...so if u think about it...the 4th quarter is where most of the action takes place and where most of the shots are taken right???okay well he takes 8 shots a game and if he wasnt nervous he would probally take some more shots in the 4th and throughout the whole game...(Big part of why he is unconsistent) Although he seems to be adapting and i think that he will be fine this year takeing more shots......ANOTHER THING.....iverson does average 7.5 assists.... how does someone that doesnt pass average over 7 assists....???doesnt make sense....iverson does pass the ball....not alot, but he passes it and he is criticized too much on that subject.IMO...i think that the sixers problem is not soo much that iverson doesnt pass the ball......ITS THEIR DEFENSE.....
thats why they suck...they HAVE NO DEFENSE....Sixers can easily come out and score 100 points...the problem is the other team scoring 110+...........
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 11:50 AM   #18
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

ppierce34 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Because he has limited offensive game. Lacks a true mid-range jumper, has trouble creating off the dribble, and most of all is passive as hell. And while it does have to do with playing with 2 guys that often take 20+ shots, those guys often take 20+ shots because Iggy doesn't move on offense and is so passive. With the havoc Iverson can cause on a defense and Webber's passing abilities Iggy could score 15-17 easily if he would cut to the basket, but he doesn't. He's passive, he was in college, he was in high school, some guys just don't have the scoring instinct.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 07:02 PM   #19
final.wrath
Banned

just because you average 7.5 assists doesnt mean you're a playmaker. he has the ball so much that when he draws tripple teams he'll pass it off for the easy bucket. thats how he gets those assists.

i dont know man...however passive igoudala is i definately think he would become more active if he was given that role. i mean....are the coaches telling him to cut and hes not cutting? are you sure they are even asking him to?
Old 09-23-2006, 07:35 PM   #20
ppierce34

Quote:
just because you average 7.5 assists doesnt mean you're a playmaker. he has the ball so much that when he draws tripple teams he'll pass it off for the easy bucket. thats how he gets those assists.

He has the ball so much because he's the best playmaker on the team, same reason he gets those assists. His ability to draw triple teams and leave open shots for his teammates is why the ball is in his hands so often, and getting your teammates open shots is a good thing, you do realize that right. Iverson does it because of team's fear for him once he gets in the paint and because he's one of the most dangerous scorers in the league.

Quote:
i dont know man...however passive igoudala is i definately think he would become more active if he was given that role. i mean....are the coaches telling him to cut and hes not cutting? are you sure they are even asking him to?

He has been given the role. Everyone and their mother has gotten on him to move or to shoot the ball. The first couple games after the break he put the effort in and had a couple nice strings, AI got on him before a game and he went and gave 20+, but he always goes back in his shell. There were a number of games he'd have 8 or 10 points at the half or in the second half, but he'd disappear again. He's a passive player, he doesn't look to score because he doesn't have scoring instincts. This is a guy that hasn't been a scorer on any level, pro, college, or high school. This is a guy that pulls up constantly on fast breaks if he doesn't have a teammate with him.

And I don't think Mo is a good coach, but are you trying to tell me no one is telling one of the most athletically gifted players in the league not to cut to the basket and move without the ball? A monkey would tell him to do that, I've watched his own teammates tell him to while they're on the court with him.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:49 AM   #21
final.wrath
Banned

well, however talented AI is, with this group of guys the sixers are the poor man's lakers. don't you think its time to rebuild? who do you realistically seeing iverson go for?
Old 09-24-2006, 01:28 AM   #22
ppierce34

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
well, however talented AI is, with this group of guys the sixers are the poor man's lakers. don't you think its time to rebuild? who do you realistically seeing iverson go for?

It's time to rebuild notb because of AI, but the horrible cap situation the Sixers are in.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:02 PM   #23
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppierce34
It's time to rebuild notb because of AI, but the horrible cap situation the Sixers are in.

well, bad luck and the fact AI never had the roleplayers around him to win a championship. but the first step to rebuilding would be going after cap space and young prospects/draft picks by dealing AI.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:50 AM   #24
Serge
Great young streetballer

Serge has an OK reputation so far

Iverson is my fav player in the whole league. And he will always be my fav ever. And I do not want him to go to another team I want him to retire a Sixer. But first he deserves to win a title I say him, and KG can win it. Or if he went to the Clippers to play with Brand. Or a small chance with Melo in Denver, but I don't think they have to much of a shot in Denver. And as much as I want him to stay a Sixer for life if we can get say 2 top 5 picks in next years draft I say we do the trade at the deadline in the middle of the season when some teams who are one star short of being a contender would give up a lot. We can maybe get 2 lotto picks if it's like a 3 team, or 4 team deal. And we would also have our own first rounder that would end up being lotto. As much as I hate to say this our best chance is to do a multi team deal, and trade AI for something like 2 high lotto picks. Then we would have our lotto pick like I said. And we can become really good fast with lots of great players in this up coming draft probably. Oden, Durant, ect..............
Serge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 11:30 PM   #25
Jace_the_Ace
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Jace_the_Ace has an OK reputation so far

rebuild! rebuild! trade AI!
He's not gonna make the team any better...

without him the other talents can shine, and hopefully work together...
Jace_the_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 11:59 PM   #26
Serge
Great young streetballer

Serge has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace_the_Ace
rebuild! rebuild! trade AI!
He's not gonna make the team any better...

without him the other talents can shine, and hopefully work together...

Are you a AI hater? Cause you gotta be a idiot if you think with out AI guys will shine. First cept for Iguodala there is no really really good talent here. And 2nd AI is not selfish if that is what your trying to say. You need to go to the games if you can't see that. 33/7 last season name me guys who have gotten 33 PPG 2nd best in league to Kobe, and 8th best in assists when scoring 33 a game. And he can't make the team any better when they guys around him pretty much suck except Iguodala. Now I understand if we trade him get 2 top 5 picks maybe in next years draft since Oden, Durant ect.......probably will be in it, and we can get good very fast. And to top it of we will have our lotto pick if AI is not here that can be 3 lottos in a good draft. But if your saying we are not playing together, because of AI your kidding your self. Ask your self how many times last season a game did AI pass the ball in side to Sammy, and he just could not hold on to the ball having it go out of bounds? Ask how many open shots Korver missed last season when AI passed when he was not on fire. Ask your self how many times Iguodala passed the ball back to AI cause he was scared to shoot? Mo asked Iguodala to shoot more, yet when AI passed him the ball he would give it back with a few sec on clock only for AI to take a bad shot. Iguodala even said he was not use to having to score much in college. So maybe this season he will not be scared, and not pass the ball back to AI when AI gives him the ball. Bottom line AI is my fav player in the NBA always will be. And even though I would hate to see him go, but I would trade him if we can get maybe to high picks in next draft. But not cause AI is the problem with the team. It's because the stupid gm messed the team up so bad that he can't get AI better guys around him.
Serge is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: