Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-03-2006, 05:53 PM   #16
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So youre willing to pay an extra $2000, just to be able to see the Mavericks lose in the finals, on a clearer screen?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:54 PM   #17
Nowitzki41MFFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
So youre willing to pay an extra $2000, just to be able to see the Mavericks lose in the finals, on a clearer screen?

yes, although I will be there at the games this year, atleast 2 anyways
Old 09-03-2006, 09:12 PM   #18
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thanks Wang. I'm aware of Phillips questionable reputation, but I'm intrigued by their ambient lighting system. The LG has gotten good reviews, but the few bad ones it got were disastrous, in the form of "doesn't work". I love the idea of a built in 160 gig DVR.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:30 PM   #19
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

I have a 62" LCD Sony at home and it was only a grand more. I think you could have done better. I also have a 42" LCD Sony but I 1000 due to my pops job. Overall I think you got robbed.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:49 PM   #20
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

Wadeisabeast has an OK reputation so far

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Samsu...oductDetail.do

This would me much better. It's not rear projection, it's DLP. It's only 17" deep and 81 lbs. I think I've heard that DLP's picture is better than LCDs. I wish I was rich.
Wadeisabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:36 PM   #21
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

way too expensive and plus its LCD, i hate LCD... seriously, some ppl just love it but I hate it... gimme a normal HDTV, why always go big... yes I'm a family man...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:18 PM   #22
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

I recently got this one, and I like it a lot:

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs...000 000005702

LCD's are great. Almost a 180 viewing angle, and no risk of burn-in.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 01:43 AM   #23
junkifunki
Decent playground baller

junkifunki has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz

LCD's are great. Almost a 180 viewing angle, and no risk of burn-in.

Indeed. AVOID PLASMAS!! Stick with LCD. Unless you're ridiculously wealthy and can afford to blow another 3-4 grand every few years after the picture burns into your plasma screen...
junkifunki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 08:24 AM   #24
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Thorp - my friend is an engineer for Panasonic, and he is extremely confident about the quality of their plasmas. It seems that everybody who works there is very high on them, and feels no need to own a different brand at home. They've found a work-around so that burn-in is no longer an issue, unlike most plasmas. Who knows, maybe the engineers at Phillips and LG feel the same way about their own products, but in this case, I was impressed by the confidence level. It factored into my decision to get a Panasonic tv (even though mine ended up not being plasma).
Old 09-04-2006, 10:10 AM   #25
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thank you sir. I currently own a Panasonic, and it's a great TV, which is why it's on my list as the reliable choice. The Phillips is really a long shot. They tend to rush to market with advanced ideas, only to have several companies improve on it within a year's time. They were the first to the market with DVD writers too. LG promises 60,000 hours on their plasma. They even have it in writing on there web site. If you watch this TV 8 Hours a day 7 days a week, it will last you over twenty years. All the independent research I've seen really make it seem as if the life, and burning issues of plasma have been pretty much resolved. And most of the literature make it seem like it's pretty much a matter of taste at this point. The plasmas are capable of blacker blacks, and more depth, while the LCD is slightly crisper. The gap in costs have closed, and the gap in lifespan has closed.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:13 AM   #26
adamcz
Bucks fan

It seems that generally, if you're going really big (like more than 44"), plasma is the best choice. I only got a 32" tv, and plasmas don't even come that small.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: