Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 09-06-2008, 03:56 PM   #16
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: eurobasket2009 qualifiers

Israel loses to Bosnia 71-77, Israeli coach barely played Casspi and didn't use Green enough. France also loses to Ukraine despite 30 points from Parker and 19 from Turiaf, horrible.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #17
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Israel loses to Bosnia 71-77, Israeli coach barely played Casspi and didn't use Green enough. France also loses to Ukraine despite 30 points from Parker and 19 from Turiaf, horrible.
France are horrible because they are the european team that play the closest type of basketball to the US but without the same weapons.Great Britain won at home to czechs 7000 fans!! What happened to the other 3000 they were expecting?Thats a lot for Great Britain standards but not enough for a stadium that holds nearly 20,000.Still a good result.Bulgaria are starting to slip,losing to Hungary.Italy are just pathetic at the moment.How did Portugal make it to the last euro??
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 07:40 PM   #18
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

b.jerk has an OK reputation so far

Nothing is going to change until Sherf is thrown out the door. Sherf needs to go, he can coach the average skill basketball player that can't jump to overachieve but he can't coach the athlete with any skill. National teams need their coaches to be assets that prepare players to be their best but Sherf is a liability.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:02 AM   #19
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk
Nothing is going to change until Sherf is thrown out the door. Sherf needs to go, he can coach the average skill basketball player that can't jump to overachieve but he can't coach the athlete with any skill. National teams need their coaches to be assets that prepare players to be their best but Sherf is a liability.
I agree with you Sherf is a total waste of space.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:50 AM   #20
inaminute23
I airball my layups

inaminute23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
France are horrible because they are the european team that play the closest type of basketball to the US but without the same weapons.Great Britain won at home to czechs 7000 fans!! What happened to the other 3000 they were expecting?Thats a lot for Great Britain standards but not enough for a stadium that holds nearly 20,000.Still a good result.Bulgaria are starting to slip,losing to Hungary.Italy are just pathetic at the moment.How did Portugal make it to the last euro??

Great win for GB yesterday. We never looked in danger, and played well within our capabilities. Reinking & Pops were superb, & the Czechs had no answer to our strong defense. The crowd looked more than 7000, & if that was the crowd, then Israel only had about 4000 on Wednesday. From what i've seen now i believe we can now win the group. This team will only get better. Exciting times anhead, take note British media!!
inaminute23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:54 PM   #21
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I am very happy with how things are going with our team right now. It will be extremely hard to make to the first place but i think we can finish at the second. I will probably watch the game with serbia live.
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:59 PM   #22
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy
I am very happy with how things are going with our team right now. It will be extremely hard to make to the first place but i think we can finish at the second. I will probably watch the game with serbia live.
I am assuming because of your location you are bulgarian. Yes even though they have lost 2 in a row they are still in a good position but that is the hardest group.2 go through from that group so 2nd place will be a real battle.Bet Israelis would rather have gershon than sherf!
Old 09-08-2008, 03:50 AM   #23
inaminute23
I airball my layups

Highlights of GB V Czech Republic are now on www.basketball247.co.uk

click on video at top & itís the second bit down, just click play!

Last edited by inaminute23 : 09-08-2008 at 03:54 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:36 AM   #24
la bomba
Local High School Star

why is lubos barton not playing for czech republic. Without their best player they are not getting out of the group.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:24 AM   #25
inaminute23
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
why is lubos barton not playing for czech republic. Without their best player they are not getting out of the group.

I think injury, not too sure. have you watched the highlights? What do you think?
Old 09-10-2008, 04:29 AM   #26
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaminute23
I think injury, not too sure. have you watched the highlights? What do you think?
They def looked better than the czechs.As I say with Barton opting not to play(as he is playing the preseason with barca) the czechs will be massively depleted,even with him they would struggle to be honest.I think GB's best result on week 2 was Israel losing.They just need to beat israel at home.whereas had israel won all their games they'd had have to beat them by 11 points.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #27
la bomba
Local High School Star

just following israel v czech and turkey france.After 1st qtr israel are losing .sherf once again with his usual reluctance to play his stronger players.eliyahu has still to play .casspi only played last 4 minutes,shown one of his major weaknesses too(free throws!).Halperin hasn't played this 1st qtr either.France have only Parker scoring.Kirksay,Turiaf,Issa and the rest,Batum too if was with the team,are all streetballers.Turkey seem to be quite a strong unit with several players making key contributions.I think Turkey will win easily they are 15 up in the 4th.

Last edited by la bomba : 09-10-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:38 PM   #28
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

Sherf is so bad at coaching that he should be banned, Israel should be 3-0 but he's so awful that they're 1-2. It couldn't possibly hurt to fire him and replace him with the assistant.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:15 PM   #29
la bomba
Local High School Star

israel must have been awful tonight . they got hammered by the czechs.eliyahu who was top scorer versus great britain played 7 minutes!!Sherf did the same with maccabi I don't know why he selects him.Casspi is either overhyped or sherf doesnt know how to get the best out of him,he certainly need to improve on his free throws.Great Britain won again and are now favourites in my opinion,provided Deng stays healthy.what wasn't healthy and continues to disappoint me time and time again was the lack of fanbase in the uk for the sport 2525 spectators in an arena that can hold nearly 20000!!!it must have felt like playing in a mausoleum!!Anyway I keep saying it,it just won't happen in the UK.We have to accept that basketball is below netball,bowling and fishing!!!Plus anything in the news?? nah its all about croatia 1 england 4.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:01 PM   #30
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

The team is in total disarray, meir tapiro is more in charge than the coach. From what I read with Casspi is that he needs Lasik and sometimes he doesn't see well during games. He did okay and had good numbers today but he could of done more.

Last edited by b.jerk : 09-10-2008 at 08:14 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: