Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 09-17-2008, 05:44 PM   #61
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

b.jerk has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: eurobasket2009 qualifiers

Is it really fun to watch close games being influence by the freethrow line by should be non-calls. I'm not criticizing Great Brittan at all they should take advantage of every gift given, I'm criticizing the officials for ruining ends of games by punishing good defenses and calling non-calls. If I wanted officials being the difference of winning and losing than I watch the nba.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:44 PM   #62
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far

the real batle for basketball in britain starts now.By this I mean the press,see in how many supposedly sports news channels it will be on,how many words dedicated to it in the papers,I believe that battle to be the most important for basketball in britain,and I am totally pessimistic!! It won't happen.I dont think GB will be a force in Poland but just being there is a massive achievement.Yet the press will have nothing on it.Maybe a little section of about a qtr page at most.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:50 PM   #63
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

Is it top 3 that qualify
Old 09-18-2008, 03:49 AM   #64
inaminute23
I airball my layups

inaminute23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
the real batle for basketball in britain starts now.By this I mean the press,see in how many supposedly sports news channels it will be on,how many words dedicated to it in the papers,I believe that battle to be the most important for basketball in britain,and I am totally pessimistic!! It won't happen.I dont think GB will be a force in Poland but just being there is a massive achievement.Yet the press will have nothing on it.Maybe a little section of about a qtr page at most.

Your so right, the British media are a shambles!!! The players deserve the upmost respect for what they have achieved. It has to start now with the media, lets get them to build us up for the next 12 months, and so when we do go to Poland we are not aliens to the british public. Will it happen? I won't hold my breath, but what i am hoping for is live tv coverage next year. If this doesn't happen something is seriousley wrong, and British basketball will more than tick on, but with no more media coverage than now.

Im glad you are following GB closely, La Bomba. I hope you are as proud as i am today.......Poland 2009 here i come!!
inaminute23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:37 AM   #65
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

Great Brittan made the eurobasket but not the 2008 european cup that's a shock
Old 09-18-2008, 10:05 AM   #66
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaminute23
Your so right, the British media are a shambles!!! The players deserve the upmost respect for what they have achieved. It has to start now with the media, lets get them to build us up for the next 12 months, and so when we do go to Poland we are not aliens to the british public. Will it happen? I won't hold my breath, but what i am hoping for is live tv coverage next year. If this doesn't happen something is seriousley wrong, and British basketball will more than tick on, but with no more media coverage than now.

Im glad you are following GB closely, La Bomba. I hope you are as proud as i am today.......Poland 2009 here i come!!
I always follow european basketball. Up in Scotland we not always as passionate about Great Britain as we are of Scotland obviously but I do support them.However as Proud as I am of those concerned I am not proud of our press.It's awful!!there is more coverage on speedway than basketball!!!please!If the press don't latch on to our biggest ever moment,there is a chance that we will peak around 2012 and then die a million deaths.
The public also need to respond but for that they need the exposure provided by the press.
How can the O2 sell out in 24hrs for a garbage pre season match of two nba teams with crap players playing loads of minutes(Scalabrine comes to mind!)and yet only get 6900 for great britain ,with nba star and one of britain's best paid sportsman(Deng), against Israel?and then play in birmingham and liverpool and get a mere 2-2and a half k??Its ridiculous!

Last edited by la bomba : 09-18-2008 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:15 AM   #67
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Great Britain should be able to win a few games at Eurobasket if they can assemble a full strength squad by then. Their best roster would probably be something like:
PG: Gordon/Reinking
SG: Azuibuike/Hart
SF: Deng/Sullivan
PF: Mensah-Bonsu/Freeland/Achara
CT: Archibald/Betts/Boateng

Solid squad.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:24 PM   #68
inaminute23
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Great Britain should be able to win a few games at Eurobasket if they can assemble a full strength squad by then. Their best roster would probably be something like:

Solid squad.

Gordon & Reinking arenít points, there SG. Hart is a PG, but Iíd take Boyd over him. We wonít see Azubuike though, likely to be Sean Banks instead.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:50 PM   #69
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder

Solid squad.

They would have a good starting 5 and a couple of good bench players. It could be a nice time to watch, really.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:29 PM   #70
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaminute23
Gordon & Reinking arenít points, there SG. Hart is a PG, but Iíd take Boyd over him. We wonít see Azubuike though, likely to be Sean Banks instead.
I think sullivan is out of his depth.he was when he was in spain.averaged like 3 minutes.Betts is getting on too.what is he 34? I think they lack a good quality PG.Pops,Deng,Gordon and Archibald are all top players though
Old 09-18-2008, 05:38 PM   #71
inaminute23
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
I think sullivan is out of his depth.he was when he was in spain.averaged like 3 minutes.Betts is getting on too.what is he 34? I think they lack a good quality PG.Pops,Deng,Gordon and Archibald are all top players though

i think next year Sullivan will be a bench player, but obviousley experienced especialy on the defensive end. I worry about Gordon as it looks like his contract situation will be the same as this year. However if he does play the strongest possible 5 i think we can put on the floor is

pg BOYD

SG GORDON

SF DENG

PF POPS

C/PF ARCHIBALD

BENCH

FREELAND
SULLIVAN
HART
BETTS - 32 NEXT YEAR
REINKING
GEORGE
(ANOTHER GUARD - DON'T THINK MIDGLEY IS GOOD ENOUGH)
Old 09-20-2008, 08:30 PM   #72
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

Israel had did the unlikely and qualified for the eurobasket, the calls helped. I'm kind of upset that Sherf is going to stay on as coach but at least they screwed France.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:57 AM   #73
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk
Israel had did the unlikely and qualified for the eurobasket, the calls helped. I'm kind of upset that Sherf is going to stay on as coach but at least they screwed France.
Biggest shock i suppose was italy not qualifying.I know they aren't what they used to be, but still, should be better than Bulgaria.I suppose them and France will be the favourites to make it through the next league stage that gives the last spot.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:13 PM   #74
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

Direct competition would be better but it wasn't like Italy or France didn't drop the ball
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: