Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 06-08-2006, 01:42 AM   #1
thedream
Can barely lace up my sneakers

thedream has an OK reputation so far
Default how good will yao be?

next year, and for his prime.
what numbers do you predict he'll average.

i see about 24 10.5 2 blocks 2 assits 1 steals. 54% shooting and 85 from the line.

prime i see.

27 11 2 2 1 58 % and 86 from the line
thedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:28 AM   #2
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream
next year, and for his prime.
what numbers do you predict he'll average.

i see about 24 10.5 2 blocks 2 assits 1 steals. 54% shooting and 85 from the line.

prime i see.

27 11 2 2 1 58 % and 86 from the line

for next yr, i see him at about 22/11/2 2 blks 1 stl 53% FG and 83% line

prime: 25/12/3 3 blks 1 stl 54% FG 84% line
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:30 AM   #3
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

while we're on the subject of yao
wuts his summer like this year?
i know he had that foot injury near the end of the season..
hows his recovery going? will he be playin ball for china in the summer?
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 04:48 AM   #4
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

He has pretty much peaked. He will add little things, but statistically he is pretty much there. Especially on that current team.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 05:51 AM   #5
HoustonRockets87
High School Starter

HoustonRockets87 has an OK reputation so far

i think yao has the potential to develop into an even better player. at the end of the season he started to slow flashes of physicality. he played much more aggresive down low than you normally would expect of him. if he unleashes the beast inside of him every game he will be unstoppable.
HoustonRockets87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 06:43 AM   #6
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

His assist and blocks tend to fluctuate so far in his career, but I'd say in his prime he'll get a max of 2.5 assists and 3 blocks.

His points and rebounds should definitely increase. His season average was 22.3/10.2, but he was tearing shit up after his toe surgery. Look at his last 20 games. He was basically 26/11/2/2. That's considering that he tailed off in his last 5 games, to the tune of 18/9/1.4/1.6.

So essentially he's already shown us that his prime could be at least, if not better than 26/11/2/2, if he has a fully healthy season.

With McGrady back in the lineup, I'd say his scoring doesn't stay quite as high as it was post-surgery, but I think his assists go up a little.

24/10.5/2.2/2.0 is my prediction for 06-07.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 06:59 AM   #7
supercybergeek
I airball my layups

supercybergeek has an OK reputation so far

I think he has peaked but considering the lack of good centers, he might become more dominant. Plus, having T-mac on your team doesnn't help.
supercybergeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 08:14 AM   #8
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputationAussie Dunker has decent reputation
Angry hmmm

wow, i realli dont see it, im not a fan of yao at all, but i respect his game, he has some nice post moves, and is pretty dominate for someone who doesnt try to be dominate.

next year i see him putting up 21/10, with T-macs return...

and i wouldnt expect to see numbers higher than 24/11 in his absolute prime, and think about it, 24 and 11 are pretty damn impresive, MVP candidate for sure if his team is doing ok...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 08:28 AM   #9
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Quote:
So essentially he's already shown us that his prime could be at least, if not better than 26/11/2/2, if he has a fully healthy season.

No he has shown us he can have a good couple of months after a long rest. Stamina has always been Yao's biggest problem. It still remains to be seen whether he can do it over a season.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:28 AM   #10
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Sadly, Wogi is right. He'll need at least 10-15 games off (consecutively) to be as effective as he was after the toe surgery.

That's just my opinion. If he doesn't do that, we're going to see a lot of those "head hanging in fatigue" games from Yao.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:42 AM   #11
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yao's about as good as he'e ever going to get.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:46 AM   #12
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Isn't this Yao's first summer off? I'll reserve judgement about him peaking until next season...see if his stamina improves at all with this much needed vacation from the national team.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:52 AM   #13
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Yao can get better. I think he's finally discovering what it means to be a franchise player.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:27 AM   #14
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re

Yao has not peaked yet.

he will peak once he has a very effective inside-outside game and can play multiple defenders from different parts of the floor.. much like Nowitzki, only I don't expect Yao to do anything more, such as dribble penetration, than to play from the high post as well as from the block.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:28 AM   #15
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
He has pretty much peaked. He will add little things, but statistically he is pretty much there. Especially on that current team.
This is accurate.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: