Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 09-03-2008, 08:10 PM   #16
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Ben Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalphbreedBaller
Jason Richardson would be better...

Very little difference between Jrich and Gordon, outside of 3 inches.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:51 PM   #17
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

HalphbreedBaller has an OK reputation so far

I don't know what your smoking but I want some

First off Jason Richardson can dunk

And averaged 3 more points per game than Gordan and was better in every other Cat. Except FT% .752 to .908 & 3PT% .406 to .410

Plus Gordon doesn't play defence you can see it in his stats....

Richardson will get you a block and 1.5 steals every night!!
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:28 PM   #18
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

And averaged 3 more points per game than Gordan and was better in every other Cat. Except FT% .752 to .908 & 3PT% .406 to .410

Hopefully you didn't mention dunking in that it has any impact on winning or losing.

Might be an idea to check their per 48 min stats seeing as Gordon played way less mins (7 per game) and came off the pine a lot. Gordon is actually better in many categories, and the rest are basically a wash, except in FT% where Gordon is way way better, which is important for a scoring guard. Plus, Gordon is 2 yrs younger.

And stats don't tell nearly the entire story of D. Not saying Gordon plays a lot (he has also been asked to be instant offense), but Jrich is no Bruce Bowen.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:36 PM   #19
ShawnBradley
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ShawnBradley has an OK reputation so far

JRich would improve Toronto waaaay better than Gordons
ShawnBradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:37 AM   #20
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Jason Richardson would be a good addition (better than Gordon) but that would be very VERY hard to accomplish.

- The Bobcats just traded Brandan Wright (who I think will be a good player) for him. I'd rather have Wright than Bargnani so forget about that possibility.

- Since Toronto is so close the the cap, they would need to send equal salary back to Charlotte. Richardson is owed $12 million next season.

Bargnani = $5.2 million
Kapono = $5.8 million
Parker = $4.5 million
future 1st = ??? is there a fixed value for trading these or do we find out once that future draft slot is settled? Let's just say the Raptors are picking around #17-20 so around $1 million.

So Bargnani + Parker or Kapono + 1st round pick would have to be it. There is no way Charlotte accepts such a trade. But for argument's sake if they do, the Raptors are down to 12 players total on the roster without a single cent to spend if they want to avoid the luxury tax.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:42 AM   #21
The_Night_Elf
My Game's Nucking Futs

The_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat coolThe_Night_Elf is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

It disturbes me that you put dunking as your first reason/argument...
The_Night_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:36 AM   #22
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

When did this become a discussion about why we clearly can't get Jason Richardson at this time? I mean, I would LOVE to get him, but it ain't happening.

If there is a chance we can get Ben Gordon without giving up Bosh, JO, Jose, and AP, I would be ****ing stoked. And there has to be some way we could pull that, especially if Gordon is threatening to ship off to Russia or whatever. Gordon would be the most talented man in our backcourt, including Jose, and would really give our bench some kick. Giving up Bargnani, Kapono, or any draft picks would be worth it. I would personally love for us to trade Bargnani and Kapono for Ben Gordon and maybe some other player or a draft pick. Just ****ing dump those no-defense bums, get a great 6th man back and pay him $6-7 mill, sign a cheap FA forward or center to replace Bargnani, use Joey and Jawai.

I realize how unrealistic it would be to expect BC to get Gordon without giving up any of our starters. Which is why I don't expect

Last edited by A.M.G. : 09-05-2008 at 02:38 AM.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:48 AM   #23
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Ben Gordon is the last player I'd like to see in a Raps uniform. He's nothing more than a glorified Eddie House off the bench. He's to small to play defence at the two. Putting him and Calderon together at the defensive end would be horrific. We need somone bigger...and mid line not too expensive....say a Michael Pietrus, Martell Webster, RJ someone in that type of mold....cutter slasher that can play good physical defence.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:34 PM   #24
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Night_Elf
It disturbes me that you put dunking as your first reason/argument...

Why not A dunk gets the team and the fans hyped up and puts a little fear into your apponent....

As it stands we don't have many dunkers...and Gordon wouldn't improve that situation...
Old 09-07-2008, 08:36 PM   #25
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Hopefully you didn't mention dunking in that it has any impact on winning or losing.

Might be an idea to check their per 48 min stats seeing as Gordon played way less mins (7 per game) and came off the pine a lot. Gordon is actually better in many categories, and the rest are basically a wash, except in FT% where Gordon is way way better, which is important for a scoring guard. Plus, Gordon is 2 yrs younger.

And stats don't tell nearly the entire story of D. Not saying Gordon plays a lot (he has also been asked to be instant offense), but Jrich is no Bruce Bowen.

& Air Gordon is no Jrich (Air Gordon LOL)
Old 09-08-2008, 05:48 PM   #26
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
& Air Gordon is no Jrich (Air Gordon LOL)
As Rapsfan said, realistically what are the chances of getting J-Rich? Slim to none. We'd have a far better chance of getting a disgruntled Ben Gordon in some kind of sign and trade for some of our expirers, Graham, Parker, maybe, cash, who knows.. But Gordon would definitely fill a need regardless of him being viewed as a chucker. We don't have anyone who can create on the wings and that will probably come back to bite us come playoff time if its not addressed

Last edited by bokes15 : 09-08-2008 at 05:53 PM.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:52 PM   #27
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
As Rapsfan said, realistically what are the chances of getting J-Rich? Slim to none. We'd have a far better chance of getting a disgruntled Ben Gordon in some kind of sign and trade for some of or expirers, Graham, Parker, maybe, cash, who knows.. But Gordon would definitely fill a need regardless of him being viewed as a chucker. We don't have anyone who can create on the wings and that will probably come back to bite us come playoff time if its not addressed

Anything could happen at the trade deadline lets just hope the the bobcats are as crappy as last year then maybe we can steal JRich away from them.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:55 PM   #28
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Anything could happen at the trade deadline lets just hope the the bobcats are as crappy as last year then maybe we can steal JRich away from them.
MJ signed J-Rich with the intention of putting people in those seats. Okafor and Wallace just weren't cutting it. So therefore Parker, Graham, Kapono, or anyone else we have to offer outside of Bosh, wouldn't be enough.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:35 PM   #29
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
MJ signed J-Rich with the intention of putting people in those seats. Okafor and Wallace just weren't cutting it. So therefore Parker, Graham, Kapono, or anyone else we have to offer outside of Bosh, wouldn't be enough.

If there loosing they aren't going to have anyone in there seats though...and then it may be time for MJ to move him you never know MJ has been wrong before a la Washington...and we could always through in our draft picks...Anything is possible look what happened with Gasol last year.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:48 PM   #30
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
If there loosing they aren't going to have anyone in there seats though...and then it may be time for MJ to move him you never know MJ has been wrong before a la Washington...and we could always through in our draft picks...Anything is possible look what happened with Gasol last year.

Banking on the other GM being a complete moron isn't always the best way of putting together a trade proposal. Although Charlotte's management does suck.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: