Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 09-05-2008, 09:14 PM   #16
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Overworking?

Yeah, don't sweat it, you can't get better unless you work your body like that. This summer I went to the YMCA every day, and by Augest, I was doing two a days, whether it be working out and basketball, or two basketball's (Never two weight lifting sessions). I was exhausted and took this whole week off of basketball because I'm getting ready for new try outs (AAU team).

Michael Phelps trains 2 times a day for hours each time, makes sure that he trains while sore (Under great conditions and training though because he is an olympic athlete) and takes a week's rest before a race, that's his only rest majority of the time, right before a race.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:36 PM   #17
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
Michael Phelps trains 2 times a day for hours each time, makes sure that he trains while sore (Under great conditions and training though because he is an olympic athlete) and takes a week's rest before a race, that's his only rest majority of the time, right before a race.
no offense to Ethan, but hes not Michael Phelps. Saying that resting is when you get noticible diffrence is exactly correct... but that doesnt get you actually bigger, faster, stronger. Its just how you look, not true strength or strength building. With basketball still at least a month away (in the states, that is to say) now is the time to overload muscles and shake the rust off the agility.

Still take days off like v-unit says, but keep the start of the season in mind.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 01:34 PM   #18
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

you should get at least one full day of complete rest
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:13 AM   #19
Hoopla
I airball my layups

Hoopla has an OK reputation so far

its important to overload your muscles, but equally important to rest sufficiently in between exercise sessions. Some guidelines:

- Workout a maximum of four times per week
- Supplement your diet with protein
- Stretch after every workout

__________________________________________________ _______________
11 ideas to improve your mental ability in basketball.
http://www.best-basketball-tips.com/...an-within.html

Plus, lots of FREE stuff at:
www.best-basketball-tips.com
Hoopla is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: