Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Oklahoma City Thunder Forum

Oklahoma City Thunder Forum Oklahoma City Thunder forum - OKC Thunder message board

Old 09-03-2008, 07:30 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Fan reaction to Oklahoma City team logo

Now that it's official, and you've seen the team logo (front page of insidehoops, or see their official site here), what do you think of it?

Look at it for a little while and digest it, before reacting.

UPDATE: That first version was a quick photo edit by me. Here's an official version:

Last edited by insidehoops : 09-03-2008 at 08:13 PM.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:34 PM   #2
Godfather
Banned

Godfather is a pretty well-respected posterGodfather is a pretty well-respected posterGodfather is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Fan reaction to Oklahoma City team logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
Now that it's official, and you've seen the team logo (front page of insidehoops, or see their official site here), what do you think of it?

Look at it for a little while and digest it, before reacting.

I have seen this since Ced posted it, and like I stated about the name this is another epic fail. Oklahoma City Bandits with a man in a black bandanna and hat would have been a much better choice.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:34 PM   #3
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

The logo looks cheap and doesn't suit an NBA team.

Last edited by insidehoops : 09-03-2008 at 08:13 PM.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:37 PM   #4
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
I have seen this since Ced posted it, and like I stated about the name this is another epic fail. Oklahoma City Bandits with a man in a black bandanna and hat would have been a much better choice.

I totally agree. Oklahoma City Bandits, or Oklahoma City Outlaws. Both much better names.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Godfather again."
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:39 PM   #5
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Somebody mentioned this on the other thread that it looks like one of those custom teams you could do for NBA live back in the day
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:39 PM   #6
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather

i concur. either that or the barons.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:42 PM   #7
ROCSteady
Wall*Kobe*Durant*Pau*

ROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That logo is blown. Looks like a cheap graphic from '94. Absolutely grotesque for an NBA squad. I would be so pissed if I were Durant. I would have a twisted grimace on my face anytime I would have to pull that POS color scheme over my multi-million dollar head.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:51 PM   #8
stewen12
Banned

stewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation here

Terrible Terrible Terrible. They should have made it the Outlaws. Everything about them seems to be a WNBA team now
stewen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:52 PM   #9
-primetime-

I am shocked there is no actual "THUNDER" in the logo

just OKC on top of a bball

no inspiration went into that logo at all
Old 09-03-2008, 07:55 PM   #10
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Atrocious. It seems like that the people putting it together, either did not have much to work with, or they weren't creative at all. A National Basketball Association team should be able to do better than that...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:56 PM   #11
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Maybe because you can't see thunder. This is gay.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:02 PM   #12
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
Atrocious. It seems like that the people putting it together, either did not have much to work with, or they weren't creative at all. A National Basketball Association team should be able to do better than that...

"Let's go for a minimilist approach."

Last edited by insidehoops : 09-03-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:03 PM   #13
NastaMaverick
College superstar

NastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Talking Re: Fan reaction to Oklahoma City team logo

Worst.Logo.Ever.
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:04 PM   #14
JackieChiles
Can barely lace up my sneakers

JackieChiles has an OK reputation so far

!@#$ing awful. Ok. City Barons with a bandit as the logo was legit.

Whoever made the custom team comment, dead on.
JackieChiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:14 PM   #15
NY Comeback
Banned

NY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hmm...the Logo isn't bad...but it isn't good either. With all that time you'd think they come up with a better logo.

I think I'll get used to it.
NY Comeback is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: