Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 09-04-2008, 11:30 AM   #1
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far
Default Zach Randolph! Really?

There are currents rumors about the grizz obtaining zach randolph. He is the current power forward for the knicks. He isnt a bad player. I just dont think he would fit this team well. His style is more halfcourt. That and he is also a known ball hog. With us adding mayo to this current team. I am not sure how many shots will be left after gay, randolph, and mayo all have their share.

The supposed rumor is jaric and millic for randolph. There are other minor players involved. But those are the big names.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:37 PM   #2
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Zach Randolph! Really?

If it happens, I will have absolutely no respect for the Grizzlies FO.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:14 PM   #3
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is a pretty well-respected postergasolina is a pretty well-respected postergasolina is a pretty well-respected postergasolina is a pretty well-respected poster

So its basically

Pau Gasol + Mike Miller + Kevin Love + Darko Milicic + get Walker deal + Buckner

for

Zach Randolph + OJ Mayo + Marc Gasol + Crittenton + dump Cardinal contract

The expiring contracts wouldn't matter, because our cap will just get eaten by Zach.

I'm just gonna jump off our office
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:44 PM   #4
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

As I said before, if Randolph becomes a Grizz I will probably never root for them.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:34 AM   #5
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by berraco
As I said before, if Randolph becomes a Grizz I will probably never root for them.
I've said that many times before.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:18 PM   #6
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I've said that many times before.
Randolph is truly a point of no return
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:20 PM   #7
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Memphis was doing well in trying to attain more fans by making the Mayo trade and now the go and f*ck it up by trying to bring in this piece of trash. If we do get Randolph, Memphis will have less fans than they have ever, ever had.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:20 PM   #8
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

I mean to be honest we need a post threat. Randolph scores and rebounds well. He is only 27 which means the last years on this contract are all going to be in his prime. My problem with him is that shoots to much. That and he barely plays defense. He dosent avg any defensive numbers.

Would this be the worst thing for the grizz to do......no. Because they get a low post threat that can rebound. Is this the best thing for the grizz to do....no. Doing this basiclly takes almost all of our cap room which means that resigning players and getting a good free agent are gone.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:28 PM   #9
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
I mean to be honest we need a post threat. Randolph scores and rebounds well. He is only 27 which means the last years on this contract are all going to be in his prime. My problem with him is that shoots to much. That and he barely plays defense. He dosent avg any defensive numbers.

Would this be the worst thing for the grizz to do......no. Because they get a low post threat that can rebound. Is this the best thing for the grizz to do....no. Doing this basiclly takes almost all of our cap room which means that resigning players and getting a good free agent are gone.
Do you really think that Randolph, Gay and Mayo can co-exist on one team? We'd need 2 balls just to supply Randolph and a further 2 balls for Gay and Mayo. So unless the NBA allows a team to play with 4 balls in a game, this will be an absolutely attrocious year for the Grizzlies.

Not to mention guys like Lowry, Conley, Gasol, Warrick and Arthur need to get their touches, where the hell are their touches going to come from? They will never see the damn ball and not one of them will improve or mature as players, because they will never get to see the ball with Mayo, Gay and Randolph on the same team.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:31 PM   #10
eprizzle14
Kids at the park dunk on me

eprizzle14 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Memphis was doing well in trying to attain more fans by making the Mayo trade and now the go and f*ck it up by trying to bring in this piece of trash. If we do get Randolph, Memphis will have less fans than they have ever, ever had.
peice of trash? the guy is a good player. saying he isnt a good fit for the team is one thing, calling him a peice of trash is another.
Ill tell you one thing, hes better then Darko
eprizzle14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:38 PM   #11
eprizzle14

Quote:
Do you really think that Randolph, Gay and Mayo can co-exist on one team? We'd need 2 balls just to supply Randolph and a further 2 balls for Gay and Mayo. So unless the NBA allows a team to play with 4 balls in a game, this will be an absolutely attrocious year for the Grizzlies.

Not to mention guys like Lowry, Conley, Gasol, Warrick and Arthur need to get their touches, where the hell are their touches going to come from? They will never see the damn ball and not one of them will improve or mature as players, because they will never get to see the ball with Mayo, Gay and Randolph on the same team.

In Boston 10 players averaged over 7 points per game with thier big 3 taking the majority of the shots so there is always room for everyone to get touches saying they need 4 basketballs is just stupid.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:12 PM   #12
Maniak
Warm Winds

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wouldnt like to see it happen.

The only reason he puts up good numbers is because hes around a scrubby Knicks team(although hopefully everybody knows this)

It wouldnt be good for them, his numbers would drop to the bottom of the ocean and he would be a BALLHOG!
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 01:55 AM   #13
eprizzle14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
The only reason he puts up good numbers is because hes around a scrubby Knicks team(although hopefully everybody knows this)

what are you talking about, dude has averages 18pt 9 grabs a game the last 5 years, shooting just under 50% from the field. Proving hes not just "putting up good numbers on a scrubby Knicks team"
Old 09-06-2008, 04:11 AM   #14
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Zach Randolph will not fit in with this team. How many more times do I need to say this, before you f*cking idiots understand.

It's also funny that the only people that seem to understand that this is a terrible idea are Memphis fans. Stats mean sh!t in the NBA, it's how you connect with your teammates and how you work together and Randolph is a player that does not do either of those things.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:19 AM   #15
Maniak
Warm Winds

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by eprizzle14
what are you talking about, dude has averages 18pt 9 grabs a game the last 5 years, shooting just under 50% from the field. Proving hes not just "putting up good numbers on a scrubby Knicks team"

Hes putting up these "good numbers" because there is nobody good on the Knicks. He is the one guy who gets good numbers there, you know why? Hes a ballhog and does nothing for the team, everything for himself. He is sometimes far to overrated because of his stats.

He is not good and would make me cry if he went to Memphis!

Listen to what Kebab said too, that might help set you straight abit more
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: