Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 09-05-2008, 03:49 PM   #16
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Nuggets Will Go 39-43.....

I say 46 wins.

The loss of Camby make our defense turn almost to nothing, but I think that's going to make everybody step up on defense a bit more. Not enough to make Denver a great defensive team, but I don't think they're going to allow 110ppg or anything. Like they say, you never know what you have till it's gone. Now that Camby is gone and there's no dominant shot blocker and rebounder, when opponents start waltzing into the lane for easy layups, I'm hoping it's going to hit all the players right in the face and make them think "Damn, he really is gone. We're only going to get worse if we at least don't put in some kind of effort".

Iverson and Melo won't let Denver win only 39. Iverson is pushing to get a ring too badly and Melo is pushing to get the hell out of the first round too badly. Karl realizes Camby is gone so I hope that makes him stress defense to the team more. But then again he's George Karl and they're the Nuggets... that hope can only go so far.

Melo has to focus on playing defense this season, Nene an Martin have to be healthy and Kleiza and Smith have to keep doing what they're doing off the bench. That plus Atkins coming back and providing some shooting ability.

Melo played great with Team USA this summer, so he should be warmed up and ready for the season when it starts. The last time he played for team USA, many say he benefited the most from playing with top-caliber players. Hopefully he improves even more and brings some of that teamwork mentality and leadership to Denver.

But 39 wins? That doesn't even make sense. G State has Maggette and Ellis, Denver has Iverson and Anthony, both of whom are better than any Warrior. Both teams have depth to even it out. Both teams don't play much defense. But the key thing is: Denver lost their 3rd best player. The Warriors lost their best player and their leader. How they end up with the same record as Denver is beyond me.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:00 PM   #17
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

Golden state will also be without monta for a couple months which should increase our chances quite a bit.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:07 PM   #18
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
If you guys are banking on the return of Chucky atkins, then things are worse then I thought in Denver.

No way man. Only thing Atkins did for us last season was:
1. Get injured right away.
2. Go in a horrible shooting slump in the majority of the games that he actually did play.
3. Eat up $3,000,000.

And to think that the original plan for Denver at the pg position was for him to start. This guy is a shoot 1st, pass 2nd kind of guy, so I don't know why they'd want him to start over AC. Not to mention that Atkins is shorter than AC, which hurts the defense even more. AC can at least take care of the ball and play defense.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:36 PM   #19
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geandily
hahaha 39-43, yeah ok.

ESPN is retarded
Old 09-06-2008, 02:57 PM   #20
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

AItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation here

I fully expect the Nugz to win 50 games this year...ie if they dont underestimate teams like they did last season
AItheAnswer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:11 PM   #21
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AItheAnswer3
I fully expect the Nugz to win 50 games this year...ie if they dont underestimate teams like they did last season
Nuggets lost 10 games to teams with below .500 record last season. Ouch!
Old 09-07-2008, 06:49 AM   #22
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

AItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAYZIE
Nuggets lost 10 games to teams with below .500 record last season. Ouch!

Yup, they could've won 60 games last season
Old 09-07-2008, 09:44 PM   #23
GUS DIDDLES
Can barely lace up my sneakers

GUS DIDDLES has an OK reputation so far

lets face it
WE NEED DAMON STOUDAMIRE
he's cheap and he is a hell of alot better than AC and Atkins when it comes shooting ,passing and leadership

Last edited by GUS DIDDLES : 09-07-2008 at 09:47 PM.
GUS DIDDLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:53 PM   #24
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

We need a young PG, not someone with one or two seasons left in them.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:07 AM   #25
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUS DIDDLES
lets face it
WE NEED DAMON STOUDAMIRE
he's cheap and he is a hell of alot better than AC and Atkins when it comes shooting ,passing and leadership

I'd rather have AC than Damon. Damon is 36 I think and way past his prime. I dont see him doing a better job than AC.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:31 AM   #26
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

I still want to try Iverson at the point with JR at the SG, I think Iverson would be willing to do it and I think it plays to our strengths. Then again I'm no basketball expert but I would like to see the Nuggets try it for at least a few games

I predict the Nuggets to do a bit worse in the regular season but do better in the playoffs. The #1 seed in the west will have 55 wins, the Nuggets will have 49 or so. In the playoffs, anything can happen.
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: