Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-04-2006, 04:30 PM   #16
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

what pitchers have to face against in the playoffs.

1)CF Johnny Damon
2)SS Derek Jeter
3)RF Bobby Abreu
4)1B Jason Giambi
5)3B Alex Rodriguez
6)LF Hideki Matsui
7)DH Gary Sheffield
8)C Jorge Posada
9)2B Robinson Cano

That's Scary. Then Pitching For Us.

Randy Johnson
Mike Mussina
Wang
Corey Lidle

Kyle Farnsworth
Villone
Scott Proctor

Mariano Rivera

Give Us The Ring.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 05:35 PM   #17
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default re:

I have nightmares about the Yankees winning the world series. It's my worst fear in all of sports
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 05:46 PM   #18
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

why is that? your worst fear in all sports will come true in october...
Old 09-04-2006, 06:03 PM   #19
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default re:

I remember my deep anger in 2000 and never wanted that to happen again. That was the biggest nightmare of my life then. I wanted to throw up. The room got really, really dizzy. Everyday I live in fear of that happening again, and though I've gotten lucky, I fear it's about to run out
Old 09-04-2006, 06:06 PM   #20
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I remember my deep anger in 2000 and never wanted that to happen again. That was the biggest nightmare of my life then. I wanted to throw up. The room got really, really dizzy. Everyday I live in fear of that happening again, and though I've gotten lucky, I fear it's about to run out

that's really weird, if the yankees are having you do that..then i feel bad for you when phillip hughes, cano, cabrea are jeters age and we're winning world series left and right
Old 09-04-2006, 06:17 PM   #21
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Default re:

I think here in a few years, when guys like Jeter, Giambi, ARod, Matsui, Posada, Damon, Unit, etc are older and they still have those big contracts, that the Yankees might fall off briefly
Old 09-04-2006, 07:16 PM   #22
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I think here in a few years, when guys like Jeter, Giambi, ARod, Matsui, Posada, Damon, Unit, etc are older and they still have those big contracts, that the Yankees might fall off briefly

no way in hell the yankees fall off, the yankees will never fall off, but boston is a different story what's going to happen when big papi and manny retire along with veriteck and the pitching??

willie mo pena will be the star along with your closer
Old 09-04-2006, 08:05 PM   #23
Starbury4MVP
Banned

Starbury4MVP has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Mets don't have the pitching to stop the yankees, it's going to be over

Pedro
Glavine
Wagner

That's the only threat, the dodgers don't have that much pitching besides maddox, lowe and gagne

yankees = champs

im not going to lie i was worried about boston knowing if they make the playoffs there pitching might be the only one to stop us but after watchin the 5 game series there pitchin couldnt stop us

series with the royals start tonight at 8

Checked John Maine's ERA lately? He is a great pitcher, and he's only a rookie. Aslo Hernandez has pitched great for us all year.
Starbury4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 09:15 PM   #24
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

I'm tellin yah, don't sleep on the Mets. Their bullpen might just be the best in baseball. They have starters who have the potential to be great. They have really good hitting. The Yanks might have some bigger names, doesn't change the fact that the Mets can hit.

Reyes
Lo Duca
Beltran
Delgado
Wright
Green
Floyd
Valentin
Chavez/Pitcher

they're not all big names but they can sure hit the ball.

I still like the Mets...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:47 PM   #25
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbury4MVP
Checked John Maine's ERA lately? He is a great pitcher, and he's only a rookie. Aslo Hernandez has pitched great for us all year.

Hernandez is nothing, he's the least the yankees are worried about and we arent worried about maine either, you need to worry about the dodgers
Old 09-04-2006, 10:48 PM   #26
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
I'm tellin yah, don't sleep on the Mets. Their bullpen might just be the best in baseball. They have starters who have the potential to be great. They have really good hitting. The Yanks might have some bigger names, doesn't change the fact that the Mets can hit.

Reyes
Lo Duca
Beltran
Delgado
Wright
Green
Floyd
Valentin
Chavez/Pitcher

they're not all big names but they can sure hit the ball.

I still like the Mets...

once again that lineup is no where near as good as the yankees, doesn't even comepare but i like the lineup in the NL, i truely think they will win the NL but i dont know if dodgers stay healthy or the cardinals or some team sneak up...
Old 09-04-2006, 11:17 PM   #27
Starbury4MVP
Banned

Quote:
once again that lineup is no where near as good as the yankees, doesn't even comepare but i like the lineup in the NL, i truely think they will win the NL but i dont know if dodgers stay healthy or the cardinals or some team sneak up...
I could continue to debate with you about baseball, but in October, we'll see who wins the subway series(Mets). By the way, I don't think we've lost to the Dodgers this year. We just destroyed the Cardinals in our most recent series. We have no compitition in our league.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:05 AM   #28
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbury4MVP
I could continue to debate with you about baseball, but in October, we'll see who wins the subway series(Mets). By the way, I don't think we've lost to the Dodgers this year. We just destroyed the Cardinals in our most recent series. We have no compitition in our league.

if the yankees, white sox, red sox, twins, A's or Detroit was in the NL then they would have a better record as the mets, come to the AL with your squad and come to our division mets wont even see the wildcard.

put the yankees in the NL then they would have 90+ wins right now lmfao.

we'll see in october then. IF YOU MAKE IT...IF

Last edited by HaNdLe ThE RoCk : 09-05-2006 at 12:09 AM.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:08 AM   #29
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

what a game today between the yankees vs royals.

Royals were playing good baseball and had a couple nice hits on wang, but the big story was the yankees being down 5-1 top of the 8th and then posada leading it off with a 2 run homer, damon hitting a 2 run single, cano hitting a three run homer, and abreu knocking in an RBI. The lead was 11-5 at the end of the 8th scoring 10 runs in the 8th. Then the ninth abreu got an RBI to score damon and the yankees won 12-5.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:37 AM   #30
Starbury4MVP
Banned

Quote:
if the yankees, white sox, red sox, twins, A's or Detroit was in the NL then they would have a better record as the mets, come to the AL with your squad and come to our division mets wont even see the wildcard.

put the yankees in the NL then they would have 90+ wins right now lmfao.

we'll see in october then. IF YOU MAKE IT...IF
I'm tired of BS Yankee fans saying "oh yeah, well you have a weak league" STFU. There are years where we could have said that to you guys. Your just looking for an excuse to hate on the Mets, we are a great team. BETTER THAN THE YANKEES. You won't be talking **** in October when we win the world series.

Yankees vs. NL

23-22

Mets vs. AL

9-8

I don't see much of a difference. So shut your mouth you know nothing dumb@$$ Yankee fan. SO GOD DAMN IGNORANT!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: