Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-06-2008, 03:15 PM   #1
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here
Default Anyone download NBA Live 09 Demo?

Has anyone? I was trying to download it but it stopped.

Last edited by WhiteMosɘs : 09-06-2008 at 10:31 PM.
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:31 PM   #2
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Anyone blacked NBA Live 09 Demo?

Why the hell did I say blacked?
Old 09-06-2008, 11:24 PM   #3
NastaMaverick
College superstar

NastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Talking Re: Anyone blacked NBA Live 09 Demo?

The Demo sucked balls.
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:12 AM   #4
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastaMaverick
The Demo sucked balls.

I don't feel as bad that it didn't work now.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:28 AM   #5
NastaMaverick
College superstar

NastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

haha ya I thought there was something wrong with my controller but then I realized the gameplay was that bad.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:44 AM   #6
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
The Demo sucked balls.

could you explain why you feel it sucked balls? statements without example is based on ignorance and foolishness(not attacking you just stating a fact)
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:53 AM   #7
out|hoops|side
Banned

out|hoops|side has decent reputation

He said the game play was bad, that is an explanation.
out|hoops|side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 01:44 AM   #8
NastaMaverick
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
could you explain why you feel it sucked balls? statements without example is based on ignorance and foolishness(not attacking you just stating a fact)
The gameplay made me feel like my controller was broken. No game should be like that. The Graphics were bland and sh*tty and if you press X/[] basically anywhere from inside the 3-point line your player will run the ball in and dunk with ease almost everytime.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:21 PM   #9
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
The gameplay made me feel like my controller was broken. No game should be like that. The Graphics were bland and sh*tty and if you press X/[] basically anywhere from inside the 3-point line your player will run the ball in and dunk with ease almost everytime.

graphics are irrelevant when talking about gameplay, but duly noted. I dunno though, maybe i played on a different setting than you, i played against a rep from dime magazine at best buy, the controls seemed decent to me. I would get hook shots and turn arounds in the post, barely would i just get inside the arc and be on my way to the rim.

I'll be renting it for sure
Old 09-08-2008, 12:25 AM   #10
out|hoops|side
Banned

out|hoops|side has decent reputation

I just played the demo, I actually liked everything about it, except you could score too easily still. All you had to do, as someone said, was press x inside the 3-point line and about 75% of the time you scored. Or call and off-the-ball screen and you could score.
The graphics were nice, and the moves they made were all fluid and looked like real moves. Garnett caught the ball behind the backboard and actually jumped backwards and layed it up, and it looked like it actually does when someone in real life does it. Everything about it impressed me, except, like I said, that you could score too easily.
out|hoops|side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:58 AM   #11
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by out|hoops|side
I just played the demo, I actually liked everything about it, except you could score too easily still. All you had to do, as someone said, was press x inside the 3-point line and about 75% of the time you scored. Or call and off-the-ball screen and you could score.
The graphics were nice, and the moves they made were all fluid and looked like real moves. Garnett caught the ball behind the backboard and actually jumped backwards and layed it up, and it looked like it actually does when someone in real life does it. Everything about it impressed me, except, like I said, that you could score too easily.

Agreed, it is pretty easy to score. But the graphics look incredibly good and it played quite well.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:27 PM   #12
sixerfan82
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMosɘs
Agreed, it is pretty easy to score. But the graphics look incredibly good and it played quite well.

well, a lot of people i talked to during the presenation said that live has been crap since 03-04, and back then the gameplay was very arcady and easy to score

maybe they are taking a steer away from the "too realistic" approach?
Old 09-11-2008, 10:27 PM   #13
3zazer1
D-Rose tha truth

3zazer1 has an OK reputation so far

Note that was just a demo of the progress theve done so far.I hope that nba live will finaly be said in the same sentance as 2k.they have the visual concept but havin shaq shoot 3 pointers and free throws like hes mj is so unrealistic.also the com needs to start callin subs and timeouts.
3zazer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 01:34 AM   #14
Killer_Instinct
And Another One

Killer_Instinct has an OK reputation so far

Well, I finally got around to playing the Demo. They've stepped up pretty big. The players still feel "weightless" and it was very easy to put the ball in the hole. However, the graphics were great, and the presentation was as well(as usual). The floor spacing was damn near perfect. They're finally headed in the right direction, but I think it's 2 years too late.

IMO 2K8 is a better game compared to the demo. Obviously, I'll need to play the full version of Live 09. It's defintley rentable. I've never enjoyed playing a Live game, but the Demo wasn't that bad. I'm most likley going with 2K once again, but Live is making strides.
Killer_Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:25 PM   #15
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I just DL'd it.

Plays exactly the same as NBA live 08.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: